Locations:
Atlanta
Dallas
Kansas City (2 locations)
New Jersey (3 locations)
Orlando *Open Now* :3dglasses
and
Phoenix *Opens August 2011*

We used to have something like this in the bay area, but I think it's closed now. They had a Monday night bring your baby to the movies thing.

For anyone else who is curious

A quick google of AMC dine in landed here
http://www.amctheatres.com/dinein/

Locations:
Atlanta
Dallas
Kansas City (2 locations)
New Jersey (3 locations)
Orlando *Open Now* :3dglasses
and
Phoenix *Opens August 2011*

We used to have something like this in the bay area, but I think it's closed now. They had a Monday night bring your baby to the movies thing.

Hopefully Denver will get one soon. :goodvibes Why can't Colorado be closer to Florida? :upsidedow

Just got home from AMC. I wound up seeing Bad Teacher. It was funny, but I thought it'd be funnier. My mood was dampened by the crappy server I had. This is the fourth or fifth time I've gone and the first bad experience. I made sure to tell them on my way out and was given a free movie pass.

Oh, btw, couldn't resist the buffalo chicken tenders and Parmesan fries again. :D

Just got home from AMC. I wound up seeing Bad Teacher. It was funny, but I thought it'd be funnier. My mood was dampened by the crappy server I had. This is the fourth or fifth time I've gone and the first bad experience. I made sure to tell them on my way out and was given a free movie pass.

Oh, btw, couldn't resist the buffalo chicken tenders and Parmesan fries again. :D

LOL! I took Lily to see Cars 2 and she LOVED it. The whole time I was eating popcorn I thought of you and your Parmesan Fries!

Nikki, unless you were in WDW for a LONG time, do you think going to the Dine-In would be worth spending a night or an afternoon at?

This depends. Do you have an AMC Dine-In near you? If so, I wouldn't necessarily go to the DTD one unless there was something I really wanted to see and/or I didn't want to deal with the heat. If not, I'd definitely go. It's worth the experience and a ton of fun. Similarly, it's a great way to stay cool and out of the crowds.

Do you think I can the fries even if we don't have time to see a movie??? :rotfl:

You actually can. You can sit at the tables at McGruffin's, the bar in the lobby area, and order food from the menu. :)

You actually can. You can sit at the tables at McGruffin's, the bar in the lobby area, and order food from the menu. :)

YES! I am running the Halloween 5K on 10/1 and DH is doing the 1/2 that night. We planned on having a late lunch/early dinner at DTD that day so I will have to treat myself to some fries! :rotfl:

Just got home from the AMC Dine in at DTD.

Saw Bad Teacher.

Good food...ok movie....great afternoon out.

I listened to Kevin's review and immediately thought we needed one of those here.

I am dreaming of not lining up for popcorn, sigh, Dinner would be great too.

Best of all having both at once you don't have to pay the babysitter as much.

My friend and I tried out the Dine In theater within the past month and loved it. Like Kevin, we saw X-Men First Class and had a blast.

Here's my only negative about the experience: The only way you can sit is "back." They have great chairs to watch a movie in, but to eat meals on a plate in front of you? Not so great. There's no ability to move your chair up. Minor complaint, and probably wouldn't be a big deal at all if I was with my girlfriend and we could just sit back and eat from each other's plate, but if you're sharing with anyone else, it's an awkward way to eat.

What I loved:
Picking your seat. Why can't this be an option (with charge if needed) at just about any movie experience? Like Southwest, reward those who go out of their way to check in early or will pay extra money.

Food was AWESOME. Seconded on the fries and can't wait to have more. I'm not a flat bread pizza person at all and I thought the Pizzettas were fantastic. We also split the fire roasted quesilldilla (sp) and it was out of this world.

Kevin had a great review but you can't stress enough how good the food is and how much you get. I went in thinking we'd get overpriced crap, and was blown away. Great service. Great Food. This is how you want to watch a movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter