Lost My License FOUND

Blackunicorn

<font color=teal>Her mouth runneth over!<br><font
We're supposed to be getting on an airplane Sunday morning and I can't find my driver's license. I'm up a creek, aren't I? I'm completely panicked.

No, you will just have to undergo a full screening (wanding, pat down, etc).

My Ex-DH forgot his license on a trip a few years ago. And he didn't realize it until we were getting the boarding passes at the airport which was 3 hours from our home! I didn't think they would let him on the plane, but as the post before me says, you will just have to go through a thorough screening.

Hope you find your license soon! I lost my debit card about a week before we left, but luckily I was able to get a new one before our trip! :)

Well it's not the most ideal situation but there is a way to get around it. You need to have a notary verify your identity. It is best to have it done at the airport but I always worry about the time frame. You need to bring your birth certificate, social security card, marriage certificate if you have one and preferrably something with your picture on it like your Costco card. You can then use the notarized form (i can't remember what it is called) to get on the plane. This happened to me when I was traveling home from North Carolina a couple of years ago. My hubby had to overnight the documents to me and I was able to catch my plane the following day.

Hope this helps.

I was flying back home after Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and realized in the airport that I did not have my drivers license in my wallet. They simply put me through extra security, but I was allowed to board my plane, so I think you'll be fine.

Found it, thank goodness! We tore up the house and my purse looking for it. It was in the car, in with the insurance! It made sense at the time...:confused3

My husband's never going to let me live this down.

BTW, thank you so much for the quick and reassuring responses! It kept my panic to a minimum!

Glad you found your license.

I lost my wallet in New York of all places two days before I was supposed to go home. My DW sent my SS card and birth certificate, which is all that is needed. The security guard asked why I did not have my license and I told him. I did not haveto go through extra screening because I had these documents.

Once I got back from that trip I applied for a California ID card through the DMV. I also had to replace my passport that I thought was in my briefcase. My wallet was dropped in a mailbox in NY and was sent back to me, credit cards and all. :cool1: I do not carry cash in my wallet, so I still had that with me and could still pay for food. I now have three forms of picture ID that I carry in various places while I travel. I will never have to worry about it again.

I changed purses once before going to Mexico and left mine in the other purse :eek: They grilled me on a bunch of stuff but let me through, I look Hispanic and my husband is so I was scared to death!
Glad you found yours , and I hope that was the biggest worry of your whole trip and it is all smooth from here on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter