Lost and Found...did you ever get the item back?

DH lost his SWGE in Magic Band In HS. Filled out the form and it was returned. Left my hat on Soarin’ and it was returned.

So far, I've lost two phones, a magic band, a toy, a souvenir I had just purchased, and my own child. I got back the phones and the child.

I just returned from WDW and I did lose an item on the trip. It was the first purchase I made when we got to POFQ, and it was a bucket hat. On the last day, I left it in our Doom Buggy at HM. The CM's looked for it and I filed a report with lost and found. End story...it never turned up, so either it fell someplace really remote or somone found it and kept it as it was brand new. I hate the thought of dishonest people but they are out there. Several years ago, I lost my cell phone in Tomorrwland and it somehow found its way back to my house, despite Disney saying it was never turned in. I was just curious, how many of you have lost something, and was it ever found and returned? :wizard:
I lost brand new prescription Ray Ban glasses going down a slide at Typhoon Lagoon. I was told it’s unsafe to collect them but go to lost and found later. No one turned them in. I did turn in a Fanny pack found hanging inside toilet stall and diamond ring left on bathroom sink but no clue if they were given back to the owners.

My daughter left a beloved water bottle (due to the sticker collection on it) on Smuggler’s at the end of the night. It was mailed back to us a week or so later extremely well packaged

I had lost a small Figment doll and teddy bear at the entrance of Epcot; they were able to locate them, and I got them back at the end of the night.

Another time, I lost a special edition Magic Band at the International Gateway in Epcot. I went to Lost & Found and filed a report. It was never returned.

One time I lost a customized hat with my name on it at one of the restaurants in DHS. I reclaimed it when I realized it had been left behind.

I have also seen purses, wallets, phones, credit cards, etc. left behind. I always try to find the closest CM to give the item to. I found a debit card in the Epcot parking lot, in the Create section, and ran back to the entrance to give it to the security guard.

It's scary to lose something at Disney considering how big it is. I know some people lose track of items just out of forgetfulness, being overwhelmed, or being careless.

They sent me my Magic Band last week. I hadn’t bothered to put in a lost report, I figured it was just gone. I even bought a new one. I was surprised to get an email from The Yacht and Beach Club saying it would be mailed to me.

On the other hand, my cane must have fallen off my ECV when I was at the Tea Tour in Great Britain. I didn‘t realize it until we got to Chef de France when I needed to stand. Immediately, my DH and DCuz went right back to the shop in GB. It wasn‘t there, I filled out a report, and it was never found or returned.😕

I lost a hat on Space Mountain. I was able to pick it up at Lost and Found the next day.

During one trip to Typhoon Lagoon, I lost my phone when I was hit by a wave in the Surf Pool. I had it in a waterproof case around my neck. I was able to retrieve it a bit later from one of the lifeguards.

On another trip to Typhoon Lagoon, I lost my Magic Band at some point in the Lazy River. I decided to make another roundtrip on the river and as I passed each lifeguard I asked them if they had found a band. I finally reached one that had it. A man and woman who were floating nearby were amazed that I actually got it back. :)

I lost my Haunted Mansion magic band somewhere in BTMRR ride at DL - we used DAS so entrance was through exit. I filed a report online and they never found it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter