L'Originale Alfredo Di Roma Ristorante Closing!

danielle782001

DIS Veteran
I called today to make reservations for our trip in October. I wanted to make reservations for the sit down in Italy. I was told that they are not taking any reservations as of August because Italy has lost/ or has not renewed its lease! I cannot believe this can be true. Anyone else hear this?

We made reservations for Garden Grill instead. We have eaten there before. The kids really liked it. We have also been to Alfredos but not since the kids have come along. I wanted a change at Epcot but we need a kids friendly menu and atmosphere.

It will be a sad day if Alfredos does close. It has been a staple for years!!!

Yes, it's true. That was announced several weeks ago, maybe even more.

Edited to add: it was announced at the beginning of March.

I think it was a month or two ago... no word on who is moving into the space, though.

What about Biergarten? Very kid friendly environment and should have several things on the buffet that interest them. Marrakesh is another great choice for kids, I think, because of the belly dancer and band.

We will miss it too. We're leaving in 12 days :banana: and just added an ADR there for lunch so we could have it once last time before they close. :sad1: It will be greatly missed by us.

Just did the Segway tour last week. The guide said they are making a final attempt to stay and it looks somewhat promising. Perhaps this is just propaganda . . .

Just did the Segway tour last week. The guide said they are making a final attempt to stay and it looks somewhat promising. Perhaps this is just propaganda . . .

Ooh, ooh. I hope they're right. I would love to eat there for Free Dining this September. :banana: :banana:

Oooo really? Thanks for the hope! :)

It's probably just a glimmer . . . I'm not sure how honest he was being. He didn't want to admit they were leaving to the others in my group. It's obviously not a secret - they tell you on the dining line. I'm hoping it's not true also. I kind of liked the place when we ate there last week.

Chefs de France is very good and they also have hamburgers and ice cream on the kid menu. Biergarten also has kid choices on the buffet- chicken strips and mac & cheese in addition to the regular stuff.

For all its bad reviews I had never had a bad meal at the place. Maybe just lucky I guess. We even did a walk up to the place last November and it was really good suprisingly. (we missed our adr at spoodles)

The latest (uncorroberated) rumor is that Alfredo's will be replaced by Naples, who has a restaurant at Disneyland:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...tail?name=NaplesRistoranteePizzeriaDiningPage

From the reviews I've read, it's comparable to Alfredo's, which is a shame, because I was hoping they'd put a better restaurant in that spot, rather than just replace one mediocre option with another mediocre option.

Considering the EPCOT section of Italy is designed after Venice, it would be "interesting" to have a Naples restaurant there. Oh, well. Too bad for the bad reviews! I'd love some new, good options for TS. I'm getting tired of some.

Naples is not that bad, but not great either. This restaurant is owned by the Patina group. They do have great pizza. Very custom style. . .

Is there really a chance that Alfredo's will stay open? We're headed there in December, and I too went to make reservations and found out the bad news. I am heartbroken! I've never eaten better food! We'll miss Alfredo's greatly.

Is there really a chance that Alfredo's will stay open? We're headed there in December, and I too went to make reservations and found out the bad news. I am heartbroken! I've never eaten better food! We'll miss Alfredo's greatly.

No, the new restaurant has already been announced.

Tutto Italia, which means "Everything Italy," will be the interim name of the restaurant replacing L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante at the Italy Pavilion at Epcot. As we previously reported, Alfredo's will close on August 31. Tutto Italia, under the management of the Patina Restaurant Group, should open on September 1. In Spring 2008, the restaurant will close and undergo a complete refurbishment. It will reopen in the fall with a new, yet-to-be-determined name.

No, the new restaurant has already been announced.

Tutto Italia, which means "Everything Italy," will be the interim name of the restaurant replacing L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante at the Italy Pavilion at Epcot. As we previously reported, Alfredo's will close on August 31. Tutto Italia, under the management of the Patina Restaurant Group, should open on September 1. In Spring 2008, the restaurant will close and undergo a complete refurbishment. It will reopen in the fall with a new, yet-to-be-determined name.

Thanks for the clarification. Do we know anything about the menu, or does anyone know when they'll post it? I'm thinking about going there, but we're so sad about Alfredo's we're thinking maybe San Angel Inn this time.

I was told today (9/26) that the current managers/owners are moving to Cal. and that the new restaurant (as of October 12) is called "Tuto Italia". They also told me to expect the same service as we've always enjoyed. We are considering re-booking elsewhere... we would hate to get the "we're soo sorry for the lousy experience, please excuse us during transition" story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter