Loopin' my way around the 'World'... solo style Sept 20-23

supernova

DIS Veteran
Last year, I booked a solo trip for mid September, and stayed one night each at different resorts. Wanted to try something different this time, and decided to book a night each along the monorail loop!

This year's quick solo getaway is set for September 20-23rd. I wanted to go earlier but the MNSSHP started a week later this year. So, here's my itinerary so far:

Sunday 9/20 - Polynesian
Land at 10am and pick up rental car. Nice outdoor lunch at Bahama Breeze, then a drive over to Walmart to load up on meals for the trip. Check in at Polynesian DVC and unpack before heading to the parks. A quick walk over to TTC or perhaps a boat ride will get me to the Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. Stay until the park closes at midnight.

Monday 9/21 - Bay Lake Towers
Head over to Universal Studios early in the morning and hit both parks. From there, I'll drive out to one of the privately owned Disney surplus shops, which are all a decent drive from WDW. On the way back, I'll hit the Premium Outlets (love that place for some reason) and walk around. Then I check into Bay Lake Towers, where I'll probably have dinner at The Wave, and then watch the Electrical Water pageant from the beach or my room.

Tuesday 9/22 - Grand Floridian
Wake up and be at Epcot for park opening. Leave there around 10am and visit the Magic Kingdom, then Animal Kingdom, over to Hollywood Studios, and then finally back to Epcot to ride Spaceship Earth, walk around World Showcase, watch IllumiNations, and head back to the Grand Floridian for my final night.

Wednesday 9/23
Enjoy the resort, then drive to Saratoga Springs resort to park my car. From there, it's a beautiful walk along the water over to Downtown Disney. I'll have lunch, do some quick shopping (I rarely if ever fly home with any merchandise, but it's fun to window shop), and then take the boat back to the resort. Then I'll visit whichever resorts that I feel like checking out just to walk and explore. My flight isn't until 9pm, so I have a lot of free time that day.

I never make ADRs or FastPass reservations, so my entire day of park hopping will be on the fly. Bugt if anyone else is planning on being in WDW during this time, let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter