Looks like I'll be on Radiance next summer...

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
The running cruise is going on Radiance out of Anchorage/Seward next year, so...

What does a RCCL newbie who's used to Disney need to know? :)

tia!

How was the last one? Did that family make it to the ship ontime? (it was you that posted about that, right?)

Soda is not included. Booze isn't really the thing to bring onboard (two bottles of wine per stateroom). But if Radiance has Ben&Jerry's, that'll be a nice treat after all the running events! Tastier than "soft serve" IMO at least!

Radiance is lovely. It was our honeymoon ship. :)

Overall it was great! The people were awesome, and running on trails in Alaska was incredible!!

The people who got stranded in Atlanta did end up joining us in Juneau - not sure how that all got worked out, but as we were getting off, they were getting on with luggage.

Thanks for the info - I think there is Ben & Jerry's. I'm not sure what kind of ice cream they had on the Westerdam, but it was good and we definitely took advantage of it. I can definitely see Ben & Jerry's making money off our group! :)

Oh wow! I was just searching youtube for videos of the ship (wanted to see if anyone had ocean view pictures/videos as the picture on the "Radiance Staterooms" page has the bed along the wall and not under the window but the cabin layout schematic has the bed under the window - from the videos, the picture is correct with the bed against a solid wall, so yay!!) and the Solarium totally sold me!! :) Sooooooo pretty!!!

The B&J seems expensive but at the end of our 7 day cruise with DS getting something worth $4+ each day and me and DH a few days, it really didn't add up to a huge sum. Plus, the more we went, the bigger the scoops got. More value lol.

Interesting that they got on in Juneau! I'm very glad for them.

The B&J seems expensive but at the end of our 7 day cruise with DS getting something worth $4+ each day and me and DH a few days, it really didn't add up to a huge sum. Plus, the more we went, the bigger the scoops got. More value lol.

Interesting that they got on in Juneau! I'm very glad for them.

Good to know about B&J. :) Runners will be happy to hear that - at least our group. Give us beer and ice cream and we were happy campers. Haha!

I know they got on somewhere - there were no medals left over, and they'd had exactly the amount for participants made up. I know I saw suitcases coming on once we were debarking in Juneau, so I assumed it was them. No big announcement was made though, so...

Woohoo!!! Officially booked into Ocean View cabin 3102!!!!!

Let the planning begin!! (Very glad I have a Fantasy cruise coming up in February to distract me!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter