Looks like an epic fail at Incredicoaster on opening morning

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
Two of my kids went down to ride it. Got to gates at 8:20AM for a 9AM park opening. No EMH so everyone was gunning for 9AM. Why did Disney not have DCA open at 8AM this AM???

Now 9:15AM and kids just gave up and left the line. IC has not started. Line control is poor. No announcements to tell anyone what is going on. Lots of folks walking up and taking cuts. Line not moving because ride is not open.

In other words a failure. What in the heck has Disney been doing?

I was waiting to hear how it all went down today- I feel like Disney always does pretty bumpy openings of things and experiences and then usually it gets better over time- usually.... lol I won’t be there until mid-July so maybe by then it’ll be smooth haha hopefully your kiddos will get a chance to enjoy it all today! What a bummer of a morning

We got through bag check and In line by 8:15. Once through we booked fp for IC and got 10:30. We headed for midway and the fun wheel. IC still doesn’t have people on it at 9:30! What the heck?!? Feel awful for those standing in standby.

Yes IC started at 9:30 finally. MP would have been great but we are flying out today and did not make sense.

I was at Pandora at WDW AK on opening day last year. They handled that extremely well. This IC was a fraction of that and according to my kids (who just returned to the hotel after not riding it - one of hem was with me at Pandora last year) was mass confusion. Someone at DLR should call the people at WDW to figure how to handle things like this. You all know I am a huge DLR fan but WDW was frankly MUCH better and more organized.

It was crazy this morning but once it got going it seemed ok. When my friend and I got through the gates, we immediately booked max pass for IC for 9:55am. They let everyone through the rope at 8:54. It was insane walking over there. CM’s were directing guests saying “up the boardwalk for roller coaster” and “down the back for other rides” so my friend and I went through the back by the Silly Swings and did TSMM which was a walk on at that point. Then we did the Pal Around.

From what I was hearing IC opened late because they had to do test runs. I’m still surprised there are even fast passes left.

Aloha HydroGuy,

I am so sorry. You are one of Disney's most avid supporters. Most of us generally give Disney the benefit of the doubt but the last few management decisions they have recently made are really stupid...as if they don't care about customer service or the impact on their reputation or brand. For example:
* IC. IC opening on Saturday, 23 June. They knew IC would be a major draw. DCA should have EMH for a few weeks to help with the demand.
* FP. Giving out too many FPs resulting in looooong FP lines...defeating the whole purpose AND VALUE of FP!
* Blockout dates. Adjusting blockout dates at the last minute at the expense of those who they crave the most...out of town resort guests who spend more $$ at DLR than the APers. The destination resort guest like you and me and others plan our DLR trips taking into out account the blockout calendar only to get screwed by Disney at the last minute.
* EMH hours. Opening DL at 9 AM on Saturdays with EMH at 8 AM vice 7 AM during the heart of summer. Once again this is counter to Disney's desire to entice out of town resort guests who plan their DLR visits taking into account the blockout calendar to maximize their pleasure. Just plain stupid and smacks of GREED!

According to the Disneyland app, it’s still isn’t open and it’s 120. Maybe I’m just not seeing it because I’m not in the park?

I watched the front of coaster POV last night on YouTube and was INCREDIBLY disappointed. This Pixar Fest overlay is such a waste of money when they could have spent it for something new and unique. How many times are they going to slap some new paint on something and call it new again? I hoping to visit in the fall and I won't spend money on DCA this time around. I'm going to go visit Joshua Tree NP instead.

I watched the front of coaster POV last night on YouTube and was INCREDIBLY disappointed. This Pixar Fest overlay is such a waste of money when they could have spent it for something new and unique. How many times are they going to slap some new paint on something and call it new again? I hoping to visit in the fall and I won't spend money on DCA this time around. I'm going to go visit Joshua Tree NP instead.
For the record we were over at silly symphony swings several times this week. We found see IC from there. My wife commented "IC looks awful! Why couldn't they have painted it?" It was rusty and looked bad. So they DIDN'T slap a coat of paint on it even.

They really should have run a soft opening I'm thinking to work out the kinks. And it sounds like IC has the same issues as Screamin' had, so they obviously didn't fix anything. It will go down periodically. That's just the way that coaster is. A new color scheme and theming won't change that.

Yes IC started at 9:30 finally. MP would have been great but we are flying out today and did not make sense.

I was at Pandora at WDW AK on opening day last year. They handled that extremely well. This IC was a fraction of that and according to my kids (who just returned to the hotel after not riding it - one of hem was with me at Pandora last year) was mass confusion. Someone at DLR should call the people at WDW to figure how to handle things like this. You all know I am a huge DLR fan but WDW was frankly MUCH better and more organized.

That is so funny. After spending the last week at WDW I left thinking how they need to take a lesson from DL because it is so much more organized!

I will say the ride was a ton of fun-I thought the new details were a great addition to an already awesome coaster, and we were very glad we got a chance to ride.

Two of my kids went down to ride it. Got to gates at 8:20AM for a 9AM park opening. No EMH so everyone was gunning for 9AM. Why did Disney not have DCA open at 8AM this AM???

Now 9:15AM and kids just gave up and left the line. IC has not started. Line control is poor. No announcements to tell anyone what is going on. Lots of folks walking up and taking cuts. Line not moving because ride is not open.

In other words a failure. What in the heck has Disney been doing?

IMO, Disney is too busy counting the money they are getting by shaking down park goers with the price increases on everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter