• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for suggestions for a Birthday Celebration

Simba's Girl

DIS Veteran
I have 2 DDs one is 8mo and the other is 3. Thier birthdays are 8 days apart. Our trip to Disney starts 2 weeks before the youngest's 1st birthday and ends 2 weeks before the oldest's 4th birthday. We plan on celebrating both birthdays this year and making the oldest's "optional" since we live about 2 hours away from family. You only turn 1 once which is a big deal. We still would like to make our oldest DD feel special and would like to plan a special celebration during our trip (which we also plan to keep a secret from her-we don't want to let her know that we're going or when we're going). She's not really into the princesses (only Belle really) and LOVES Minnie. I already have PS for GG and HDD the 1st 2 days of our trip.

Any thoughts?

Heather

Be sure to stop in at the parks to get a birthday button on "the day of" . We did this for our son who just turned 3 - we did it at MK at city hall, but they do it in each of the 4 parks.

When you stop in to get your b-day button, they give the child the button and they call up a disney character on the phone (it was goofy at MK when we did it ) and the character gives the child a "happy b-day" over the phone.

The rest of the day, due to wearing the b-day button, your child will receive lots of "happy b-days" from anyone who sees the It's my b-day button which makes the day more special.

Beyond that, let the resort you stay in know when you book and again upon check-in that you have a b-day during your stay -- they sent us balloons, a b-day cake and a signed card from the characters to the room. And on the day of, make sure you let them know when making PS's that it's the child's b-day and they usually will have the CM's sing happy b-day or give a complimentary dessert or send balloons over - depending on where you go. We had breakfast at Cape May Cafe' and they did all three of these things and my son was just thrilled - esp. because they had the characters come over to sing Happy birthday to him.

Anyway, hope this was of some help. Have a wonderful time!!;)

We just celebrated DS's 1st birthday at WDW with 22 family members. During his birthday week we got a button at each park and he was greeted with a "Happy Birthday" quite often - most often in Fantasyland and at the MGM Stars & Cars parade.

On his actual birthday we had breakfast at Ohana with all 22 family members and the characters gathered around him as the waitress got everyone to sing "Happy Birthday" while he blew out his first birthday cake. That night we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner with 12 people, but this was not as special. He got a placemat signed by all the characters and a special cake again, but no individual attention as all special events are celebrated at the same time at Chef Mickey's. Personally I like the individual attention at a lower key character meal like Ohana or Cape May.

Also. if you stay on property, don't forget to make note of the birthdays on your reservation. Your kids should get a card signed by their favorite character(s) and balloons.

Whereever you go, WDW is a great way to spend a birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter