Looking for positive reviews of AK RFC

Mrs. Snowgod

<font color=red>A <font color=blue>very <font colo
Hi there,

DH and I love RFC at AK for breakfast, and I'm trying to convince him to try a lunch or dinner there. His impression is that it is ONLY good for breakfast due to many negatives he has read on these boards. I think it's like most other places - they have good and bad days and it is just a matter of opinion.

Are there any of you out there who have been and enjoyed a lunch or dinner, and have good things to say? Please share, if so.

Thanks in advance! :D

I have eaten at 5 rainforest cafes including the DTD and the Ak location and have always found the quality of food to be very good in everyone.

I liked both in wdw, but I prefer to go to the AK location for dinner because it is usually less crowed then the DTD.

You should'nt be disappointed about there food. Service is usually OK. Nothing spectacular about there service.

We dined at RFC in AK last year. We are RFC lovers in general, but I thought that the service was much better at AK. We went for dinner as the park was closing (it was in Feb) and there was no crowd at all.

Ann

We had dinner at the AK RFC in mid June and it was great. We were seated within 5 minutes and had great service. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon, my DH had a shrimp dish and my DD had dinosaur chicken nuggets. It was her BD that day and they brought her a M&M ice cream sandwich with a candle in it and everyone sang. I wasn't expecting much because of the reviews but we would definitely return again.

I've been twice. Both times the food was very good/excellent. THe first time the service was excellent, the second time service was just ok, not great, but not that bad either. We'd go again.

I am also a fan of the RFC. I ate at the AK RFC last year for lunch and it was great. The Blue Crab appetizer is to die for! This is the one place that my mom and sister-in-law insisted that I get a PS for on our upcoming trip.

The food is fine. RFC is NOT known overall for their fast service. (I have eaten at them all over the US and I have no idea what they do in that kitchen that takes so long) However, if you had no issues with the service at breakfast then I can't imagine it would be that different for dinner.

Warning the portions are HUGE! You culd probably split a meal.

That's just the kind of info I was hoping for.

Our service in the mornings has been variable - never actually BAD, but not memorable, either. We really love the breakfast offerings, though, and I drool looking at the lunch and dinner menu.

So keep those good reviews coming, if anybody has any more!

Thanks again!

We also enjoy this one. My kids really like the atmosphere and it certainly is nice respite from the sun and heat. IMO the food is comprable to Fridays or Chilles but prices are higher. Since my kids really like it has become a must do and frankly I prefer it to some of the charcacter buffets (namely Chef Mickeys:) ) I have found that if I use the connections vouchers there, it really is a good bargain. In fact we are eating there next thursday evening:) again using the vouchers.

We ate there for lunch (with no PS right at noon, too - YIKES) and had very little wait. We had 6 people, so i thought it would be a lifetime before we were seated and/or waited on. They said about 15 minutes and it was. Also, our server was very friendly, the food came rather quickly and at the end she even asked if we had any coupons or were we AP holders, etc... I had forgotten, but when she said it I was able to get a discount as well. Overall our experience was good, and as another poster said it is a great place to cool off in the middle of the day - and the kids LOVE it!

I will agree that RFC in AK is very good. We ate there a few weeks ago using the Connections vouchers. One of us ordered a whole stuffed lobster and my DH and I ordered the surf and turf (half a stuffed lobster and a filet). We also had shrimp cocktails, quesadillas and dessert (the bananas foster...yum!). The bill would have been over $200.00, but we used three vouchers for $90.00. Great meal at a great price! Enjoy.

We ate there in March. I thought the food was great. Service was a bit slow but we didn't mind, it was a nice relaxing lunch
We were on the gold plan last time and boy did we get a ton of food.
This time I purchased the VK vouchers.....they will definitely be worth it.
I have to agree with kathyg about the bananas foster....double yum !!!!:p

Well, thanks again. This is looking better all the time. DH has read the posts and is giving this serious consideration! Keep'em coming if there are more good comments!

I love their food!!! I have eaten dinner twice at RFC at DTD and breakfast once at AK. I have no negative experiences. The service and the food have always been great. We have the luck of being able to occasionally go up to visit some family in TN and we try to go to the RFC there in Nashville when we are up there too. The price is a bit more than I would pay at home, but my RFC experiences have always been out of town, so we expect to splurge a little. I was really disappointed when we had a "Mills" mall built a few miles away and there was no RFC in it. I was so hoping to have one close by, but this way, it remains a treat instead of the same old thing.

I say GO! Mickey

I have eaten at the RC at AK twice and have found the service and the food to be just fine. Everyone in my party has been impressed both times. The atmosphere isn't necessarily my favorite, but I would definitely eat there again.

Good luck!

I can't say that this will be a completely positive review, but here are my comments from our visit last month:

We arrived at the Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafe around 12:00 -- lunch rush time. It was insanely crowded at the check-in podium, and they were telling everyone -- even those with reservations -- that the wait was about an hour. I showed my Rainforest Cafe Safari card, and they told me that we'd be seated next. Boy, did I get some dirty looks; hey, don't hate me because I did my homework. We were seated about 10 minutes later. The wait wasn't bad because my girls loved looking through the store.

Once we were seated, we were amazed to see that an entire back room was completely empty! They had people waiting! It was way too big to be saved for a party group. Perhaps they can't get enough staff to wait the tables. I don't know, but I would have been pretty mad if I'd waited an hour only to see an entire empty room.

The atmosphere was great. Rather dark, but so many details. We sat near the gorillas and the fish tank -- just wonderful! My girls kept saying, "Oh, I just noticed . . . " The girls were thrilled when the "animals" moved. Loads of fun.

Our waiter was adequate. He wasn't setting any land speed records, but he also didn't ignore us.

The food was good, but not superb. I had a fancy salad (good, plenty of chicken), hubby had a burger (good), 9 year old daughter had pizza (didn't like the unusual cheese -- she's picky), and 6 year old daughter had mac-and-cheese (ate every crumb). Portions were large, and entree prices were fairly high but not outrageous. I wish I'd paid attention to the soda prices: kids' sodas were 2.49 each! They came in a "souvenier cup" -- same type of cheap-o plastic cups that Pizza Hut, Red Lobster, etc. give out for free! I think they really push sodas on the kids (profit margin must be huge); I realized later that the waiter'd asked the kids what they wanted to drink -- completely by-passing me. Next time I'll explain to the kiddos that we're drinking water.

Will we return to the Rainforest Cafe? Sure -- we loved the atmospherere and liked the food. However, it isn't an absolute must-visit place.

LOL well RFC at AK is a MUST DO for my DH. He absolutely loves the place. We use the VKL vouchers and get such a good deal out of them.

I like the theming and the food is good. It's always a fun time there. We haven't had bad service either.

We ate there last week at 12:30pm - prime lunch time. We were seated quickly and the food was good - we polished off the appetizer sampler.

The service could have been a hair faster for my taste, but all in all we were very happy with our decision and had concerns before we went. We had one in our party who really wanted to go.

One tip: Bring a long sleeve something - it was kept pretty cold in there. Particularly when you are soaked from Kali River or from sweating from all the heat/humidity. It got a little chilly....

Hope you have a great time. I was pleasantly suprised.

Michelle

I showed my Rainforest Cafe Safari card, and they told me that we'd be seated next.

Can anyone please explain what a Rainforest Safari card is. It seems very interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter