Looking for opinions

disneyderns

Mouseketeer
The last time we were at the world we ate at the following places: Boma, Crystal Palace, 1400Park Fare, and Chefs De France. We(DW, DD12,DS 6) are going for5 days in June this year. We r staying off site this time so we r looking at no more than three table service meals...other than BOG where should. We go? We'd like one character meal. The kids aren't real picky. We loved Boma and CP 1400PF was ok... I know I'm already in my ADR window and all so I know I need to get on the ball...thanks in advance!

disneyderns said:
The last time we were at the world we ate at the following places: Boma, Crystal Palace, 1400Park Fare, and Chefs De France. We(DW, DD12,DS 6) are going for5 days in June this year. We r staying off site this time so we r looking at no more than three table service meals...other than BOG where should. We go? We'd like one character meal. The kids aren't real picky. We loved Boma and CP 1400PF was ok... I know I'm already in my ADR window and all so I know I need to get on the ball...thanks in advance!

Are you looking for new places? I ask because CP is a staple for my family on or offsite. I love Chef Mickeys, it may be nostalgia (that or the glorious garlic mashed potatoes) but I enjoy it especially as a Character meal. One of the AKL restaurants is also a must for us. Sorry not much help but those are my top 3 in a way.

Tusker House is my favorite character meal (Animal Kingdom). if you loved Boma, you'd probably love TH.
Another one I enjoy is Garden Grill, you get Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale and they usually play up the antics. That one is family style, not buffet, but you'll still leave full!
My favorite non-character meal is Sanaa. It's at Kidani (AKL). Indian influenced, with large windows looking out on the savannah. Many tables have a view, so you can dine and watch all the African wildlife roaming around outside.

If you don't already have an ADR for BOG it will be fully booked by now, so I would not plan on that.
I would choose a TS in Epcot, how about Via Napoli in Italy? We love their pizza and the atmosphere is lovely. You could share a larger size pizza and it is pretty econonmical by Disney standards.
Have Fun

We really enjoyed Mama Melrose, too. Good hearty food with huge servings.

Garden Grill in Epcot is a fun character meal, but like PP Crystal Palace is an every trip place for our family. Whispering Canyon would be fun, lots of antics and only a quick boat ride over to Wilderness Lodge. If you like to try new foods, my kids really enjoyed Marrakesh and the Moroccan food last trip. It's now on our list to repeat because they really loved it. The belly dancer is really good with the kids and they enjoyed that too. We also liked SciFi Dine In at HS. Fun venue and the food was good when we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter