• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for "Must-Do's" for things to do in Ensenada and Cabo

dduckfan1

Earning My Ears
We will be sailing to mexico this fall on the wonder and will be stopping at Ensenada and Cabo. Any must see or do's while we are there? Or things to avoid? Any tips welcome. Thanks

Cabo is beautiful!!! We did the Salsa and Salsa excursion and it was so much fun!! I was hesitant about it but read great reviews on it. I highly recommend.

It depends on your interests and family make-up. In Ensenada, we did the wine tasting excursion. Air conditioned bus out into the Guadalupe Valley to visit a few wineries and enjoy the day. We loved it, but obviously if you have kids, I would choose something else. In Cabo we did the Santa Maria sail and snorkel and had a great day out on the water!

We did an incredible sailing and snorkeling trip in Cabo, loved this trip. The sailboat was gorgeous and the snorkeling was great. Food and drink were included as well. My kids got to learn a little about sailing and we saw dolphins swimming along side our boat... amazing!!! https://cabosanlucascruiseexcursions.com/excursions/cabo-private-sailing-charters/
Thank you for posting this as this is the one I was looking into. Did you book with Disney or through the site?

Cabo is beautiful!!! We did the Salsa and Salsa excursion and it was so much fun!! I was hesitant about it but read great reviews on it. I highly recommend.

Agreed Salsa and Salsa was a lot of fun!!! The adults as well as my son (15 at the time) loved it. As for Ensenada... that will be a "sea" day for us.

mamburrito we did it through that site. We had used the same company, Island Marketing numerous times in the Caribbean so thats how we ended up finding this tour

Cabo is beautiful! Unless you do a shore excursion in Ensanada I'd stay on the ship. We were on the Oct 2012 Hawaii cruise that stopped in Ensanada, got off and took a bus into town (at a cost). There was a Carnival ship also in port full of young party folks. Unless you were into drinking there wasn't anything I would safely recommend. Definitely not a place for young children.

My son and his wife did some kind of sailing and swimming excursion in Cabo on their honeymoon cruise in May, they had an wonderful time.
There was a photographer onboard that took the most amazing pictures of them, the candid ones where they didn't know they were being shot are so pretty and artsy. They bought the CD and printed some pics of them on the boat, just beautiful. It was one of the highlights of their entire California Honeymoon.

* It may be the same one Crossfitmama did.

They said in Ensenada, they got off the ship to walk around the port for a bit, but didn't find much to do and were back onboard pretty quick.

When in Ensenada, I would recommend only taking tours sponsored by DCL. Personally, I am concerned about safety there....As for Cabo, we've snorkeled once, but the waters are rough and you need to be a strong swimmer. We like to walk around town, shop, and stop at Captain Tony's on the Marina for wonderful margaritas and fish tacos.

mamburrito we did it through that site. We had used the same company, Island Marketing numerous times in the Caribbean so thats how we ended up finding this tour

It looks like the one offered on Disney for half the price. Thank you for sharing!!

We will be sailing to mexico this fall on the wonder and will be stopping at Ensenada and Cabo. Any must see or do's while we are there? Or things to avoid? Any tips welcome. Thanks
Ensenada you must check out La Bufadora or Blow Hole as they call it in English!! Look at it on you tube! There is also a campsite you can go for the day called Las Cañadas where they have pools Zip lines. My kids love it there.

Ensenada you must check out La Bufadora or Blow Hole as they call it in English!! Look at it on you tube! There is also a campsite you can go for the day called Las Cañadas where they have pools Zip lines. My kids love it there.
For Las Canadas, did you book an excursion or get there on your own? If On your own, how did you get there & how far from the port? Finally, is there food for purchase or did you bring a snack from the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter