Looking for good but inexpensive hotel. Solo traveler.

brad813

DIS Veteran
I am planning a last minute vacation to Orlando in May. I will share my itinerary below to help with this request. I will be staying on property for the third night of my trip, since I will be able to take advantage of Evening EMH that day by doing so. I need a suggestion for the first two days however that is a good value. Nothing near Universal since I will not be going that far up. Also, I have a Busch Gardens Platinum Pass, hence the Aquatica and SeaWorld visits.

Day 1: Aquatica(Morning); SeaWorld(Afternoon)
Day 2: Disney Water Park
Day 3: Epcot; Magic Kingdom
Day 4: St. Augustine
Day 5: SeaWorld(for a few hours); Return home

What's your budget? Good value doesn't tell us much. And will you have a car? And why sea world twice?

No car, so will mainly get around with Uber/Lyft. My budget limits me to $100 a night, though would prefer less. I am ok with no frills, but need clean and a little bit of space. I am doing SeaWorld twice because I am a pass member already(included in my Busch Gardens pass), and the first day there I will only have four or five hours, so the second time is to see what I missed the first time, and will be on the day I catch my bus home.

I haven't stayed at either place, but Springhill suites and the fairfield seem to get good reviews, and both were below 100 when I was looking. (Although not by much) The stuff that gets much lower than that is like Days Inn, which I'm generally leery of. Depends on what you can tolerate.

What about the Best Western, Wyndham Garden Inn or Holiday Inn near Disney Springs? I think their prices are pretty reasonable - at least close to the $100 mark.

What about the Best Western, Wyndham Garden Inn or Holiday Inn near Disney Springs? I think their prices are pretty reasonable - at least close to the $100 mark.

I don't know about Wyndham, but the other two are around 110-120. (If you can raise you budget to about 120, Brad, it gives you way more options btw.)

plus you are asking for only 2 days - most of the details that I have seem want you to stay for 3 nights.

We are booked for 1 night at the Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area for around $75. It will be our first time staying there but from the pictures and the reviews it looks pretty nice.

plus you are asking for only 2 days - most of the details that I have seem want you to stay for 3 nights.

At least one night will be spent on Disney's property so that I can use the Evening Magic Hours for MK. That is why the discrepancy.

I have a reservation at Fairfield Inn & Suites LBV at Marriott Village in July for $88 a night, tax included, on a AAA hot rate deal that I obtained through marriott.com. My AAA "perks" through the FFI says it includes free parking. Not sure what the cost would be for your dates. Clarion Inn is getting good reviews, and Red Lion Inn Orlando-Kissimee-Maingate is cheap and gets good reviews. Check Orbitz for prices, or if you are comfortable with it, you might try Hotwire for a decent hotel at a great rate. betterbidding.com is really helpful for hotwirt/priceline bids.

My dates have changed a bit, and my plans are likely to require me to stay on Disney property now due to wanting to use evening EMH some. Thanks to everyone who commented though. You have been a lot of help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter