Looking For Critique

NSL

Mouseketeer
Please critique my dining plans. We are going for 10 days, Dec. 23- Jan. 2, staying at AKL and are on the dining plan. There are 8 in our party, six adults, 1 DD6, and 1 DS9. No one in our party will give any opinions and I am obviously the planner of the bunch! This is our (family of 4) 5th trip, but the others 1st trip. Opinions please!

Dec. 23 -- 1st day no ADRs
Dec. 24 -- Kona dinner
Dec. 25 -- Boma B-fast, Cape May dinner (no park day)
Dec. 26 -- Le Cellier dinner
Dec. 27 -- Akershaus (sp?) late b-fast, Captain's Grille dinner
Dec. 28 -- Mama Melrose's (hopefully F! package)
Dec. 29 -- Wolfgang Puck Express
Dec. 30 -- Yak & Yeti or WCC/ or Ohana's ????
Dec. 31 -- Olivia's, my kids favorite
Jan. 1 -- Ohana's or WCC (whichever we don't do Dec. 30)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!

First off, congratulations! Christmas at Disney can be so magical! :wizard: We went a few years ago and have wonderful memories from it.

That being said, you are going the busiest week of the year, as you probably know. Also, it is first visit for some in your party so you want to make it the best it can be.

I would not spend any precious morning hours having a big sit down breakfast. That is when the least amount of crowds will be in the park and you should take advantage of that. If you really want to do a breakfast, do the latest time available.

Your restaurant choices look good to me. I think Ohana would be fun with a large group. It is hard to find seating at Wolfgang Puck Express, so I might be concerned about getting seating together.

First off, congratulations! Christmas at Disney can be so magical! :wizard: We went a few years ago and have wonderful memories from it.

That being said, you are going the busiest week of the year, as you probably know. Also, it is first visit for some in your party so you want to make it the best it can be.

I would not spend any precious morning hours having a big sit down breakfast. That is when the least amount of crowds will be in the park and you should take advantage of that. If you really want to do a breakfast, do the latest time available.

Your restaurant choices look good to me. I think Ohana would be fun with a large group. It is hard to find seating at Wolfgang Puck Express, so I might be concerned about getting seating together.

The Akershaus b-fast is at 10:30, this way we can go to rope drop and then collect some fast passes before b-fast. The Boma b-fast is on Christmas and we will not be going to any parks that day. Do you think this will work out OK with my reasoning then? Or should I skip all together? Thanks for your response!

Any others?

Please critique my dining plans. We are going for 10 days, Dec. 23- Jan. 2, staying at AKL and are on the dining plan. There are 8 in our party, six adults, 1 DD6, and 1 DS9. No one in our party will give any opinions and I am obviously the planner of the bunch! This is our (family of 4) 5th trip, but the others 1st trip. Opinions please!

Dec. 24 -- Kona dinner

I think you have really good reservations for a family. I certainly see PP opinion on Breakfast b/c that is when the parks are least crowded. IMHO I don't think it will matter all that much b/c that week will be extremely busy no matter what time of day. My only concern would be your Mama Melrose dinner. Make sure you are in HS early enough in case the park reaches capacity that day. Even if you have a reservation, you can not gain access to a park that has closed due to capacity.

Dec. 24 -- Kona dinner

Is this the Deluxe plan or regular?

My thoughts:

Dec. 24 -- Kona dinner :
Never eaten here. Can't help. Sorry.

I applaud you for staying away from the parks this day.
Cape May was OK for dinner. The wife and I enjoyed it. If your kids like seafood, they should too. We have not tried Boma.

Awesome. Good. Excellent. Our favorite place of all disney restaurants.

We did the Akershus breakfast twice last trip. It was an enjoyable meal with the princesses. The food was good too.

We did this many years ago for the F! package, and it was OK. Standard Italian fare.

Is this a DTD day? We usually don't eat at DTD, or do a TS. This trip though, we are trying EOS.

We really enjoyed Y&Y last time. We've also enjoyed WCC. We are trying Ohana this trip. Between Y&Y and WCC, I would choose WCC. It's more kiddie fun, and I love me some good BBQ. To us, AK is a short day, and we usually eat a resort anyway this night.

See Kona. I've never even been to this resort in all my trips.

As I mentioned above, we are trying Ohana this trip. I am going August 22 thorugh 30. Ohana is our arrival night dinner. Look for a TR sometime in September, for more info. :cool2:

Thanks wizzzzzard! :thumbsup2 We are on the basic DDP but we are there for 10 nights, so therefore need 10 TS locations. Wolfgang Puck Express is a CS location, it is fabulous! My husband loves their pizza! We are planning on DTD that night, so it works out good.

We have been to Kona and it is one of our favorites. If you get a chance to try it, I would not hesitate. To us it rates up there with Le Cellier. Thanks for the information about WCC, we are also planning on going there in July and have been a little nervous because of negative reviews, but you make me feel better about that one. I figured our family of 4 would try it out before taking the larger group.

Any more opinions out there???

Dec. 24 -- Kona dinner

I changed the 27th to Tutto in WS at Epcot. I was looking at the menus and thought that looked like something my family would enjoy. Is it 1 TS credit on the plan? Just want to make sure. Any other suggestions/ opinions for my plan so far? Would love to hear from you! Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge Tutto is 1 TS.

I don't know how we've never gotten over to the Poly to eat. Just other things looked better I suppose. In looking over the updated menu on Allears, I think this place bears further consideration. ;)

By now, though, our ADR's are set. Our DTD day, we are having dinner at our resort, CSR, at Maya Grill. I'll mention it to DW as an alternative option. We'll see if she likes the menu. In the entire family, I am the most adventurous eater.

Dec. 24 -- Kona dinner

Congrats on the trip!

My first recommendation is that you really try to book places that are at your hotel or at the park you will be going to (or very close). The time it takes to get to a resort from AKL can be considerable. Just my opinion, but I like to stay close to reduce travel time.

I noticed you didn't put Boma down for dinner and I HIGHLY recommend that! The food is great and it is at your hotel so nice and close :)

I've eaten at a few of the places you list - Boma breakfast, Kona dinner, Cape May dinner, Le Cellier, Akershus, Wolfgang Puck Express, and Ohanas. I LOVE all but ONE of these. Cape May dinner was a bit too blah and the food was dried out. The others were excellent and all of them are places I recommend and enjoy.

Good luck!

Congrats on the trip!

My first recommendation is that you really try to book places that are at your hotel or at the park you will be going to (or very close). The time it takes to get to a resort from AKL can be considerable. Just my opinion, but I like to stay close to reduce travel time.

I noticed you didn't put Boma down for dinner and I HIGHLY recommend that! The food is great and it is at your hotel so nice and close :)

I've eaten at a few of the places you list - Boma breakfast, Kona dinner, Cape May dinner, Le Cellier, Akershus, Wolfgang Puck Express, and Ohanas. I LOVE all but ONE of these. Cape May dinner was a bit too blah and the food was dried out. The others were excellent and all of them are places I recommend and enjoy.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! I did book our dinners based on what park we would be at that night. I don't like to waste time traveling either. I also like Boma, but my mom has been there with us once on a very short trip and she requested we not eat there again, otherwise I would have for sure!

Any reviews or opinions on Tutto?

please critique my dining plans. We are going for 10 days, dec. 23- jan. 2, staying at akl and are on the dining plan. There are 8 in our party, six adults, 1 dd6, and 1 ds9. No one in our party will give any opinions and i am obviously the planner of the bunch! This is our (family of 4) 5th trip, but the others 1st trip. Opinions please!

Dec. 23 -- 1st day no adrs
dec. 24 -- kona dinner love it. One of our families favorite dinners.
dec. 25 -- boma b-fast, cape may dinner (no park day) we have not been to either.
dec. 26 -- le cellier dinner love it.
dec. 27 -- akershaus (sp?) late b-fast, captain's grille dinner haven't been to either.
dec. 28 -- mama melrose's (hopefully f! Package) it's ok..nothing terrible, nothing special. Average italian food.
dec. 29 -- wolfgang puck express love it.
dec. 30 -- yak & yeti or wcc/ or ohana's ???? i would pick wcc. Very good food and a lot of fun.
dec. 31 -- olivia's, my kids favorite never been
jan. 1 -- ohana's or wcc (whichever we don't do dec. 30)

We have eaten at many of the rest. at Disney and there are only 3 that we would never return to and Ohanas is one of them. We ate there this past Dec and it was terrible. The food and the service. Never again for us!
We love Tutto. The food there is excellent. Definately authentic Italian food as opposed to Mama Melrose.
Some of my other suggestions... 50's Prime Time at DHS would be fun with a large group...we also love Teppan Edo and Coral Reef. Our one must do character meal is the Tusker House breakfast @ AK.

thoughts? Suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!

hth :)

like all your choices except 'Ohana and WCC (never been to those two so really have no opinion on either.) We loved Yak & Yeti dinner, so would recommend that for sure.

I would have kept Captain's Grill...especially if you land Mama Melrose for Fantasmic. Both MM and Tutto are pure Italian food...we wouldn't want to do two Italian meals so close together, just our preference to mix it up more.

I think your breakfast plan is great (Akershus later, after you've done some park time & acquired a few FPs) Boma breakfasst is outstanding.

Cape May is not all about seafood -- there's plenty of non-seafood for those who don't care for seafood. Be sure to go around the corner to the special desserts counter (a lot of people just seem to go to the cookies on the regular buffet line...there is so much more & better on the separate counter.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter