• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for advice for first week of June

_Laurie_D

Mouseketeer
Will be spending 5 days at Universal 6/4-6/8 visiting all 3 parks with an annual pass. Now trying to decide if we need express. Would much rather the lower prices at Cabana Bay but worried about needing express. Last time we visited was the first week of August and it was madness so we were glad we were staying at RPR with express. Anyone have any idea what the crowds normally are for first week of June?

You may be fine using the strategy of going early and riding later in the day also. You could buy an EP for a day or two if you need it once you get there.

I have been doing split stays lately with 2 nights at a resort with EP and then 3 at CBBR. I don't think AP hotel rates are out yet but they will appear and that will help. Be aware that they don't always release all room categories at the same time for AP rates though. I book something and keep checking daily until I find the room category I want. For example, my Feb trip I initially booked 5 night at CB, but all I could get an AP rate was for a family suite. Later I switched to 2 nights at a garden view room at PBH and 3 nights at CB, but still only suites were showing. Eventually I got a standard room at CB for those 3 nights (Mon-Thurs which are cheaper than the weekends) for $99 a night. I really like CB for the easy access to Volcano Bay.

One night at a resort with EP would give you 2 days of EP.

I think your Tuesday and Wednesday
(and probably) Thursday dates you can probably manage the regular line rides

The days after could have more in the parks

Weekends brings in a lot of locals if the weather is good

Will be spending 5 days at Universal 6/4-6/8 visiting all 3 parks with an annual pass. Now trying to decide if we need express. Would much rather the lower prices at Cabana Bay but worried about needing express. Last time we visited was the first week of August and it was madness so we were glad we were staying at RPR with express. Anyone have any idea what the crowds normally are for first week of June?

Various free crowd calendars out there, undercover tourist comes to mind.

Many US school districts end their year last week in May. We’ve visited several times during every week in June over the years. It never seemed to really pick up to what I’d call busy until the last two weekends. Even then weekdays were less crowded.

We were there last year from June 3-9. We stayed at Cabana Bay the first two nights and Portofino the last four. We were so thankful to have the express passes for the end of our trip. Waiting in lines the first two days wasn't awful, but some of them were pretty long so we didn't do as much as we would have liked. Luckily, we had six days there so it didn't matter too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter