Looking for a low cost (30-35 dollars) motel for long stay.

Can you lock your passport in your car while you are at the park? I don't think there should be an issue with a front desk safe. I don't think in the United States passport are a big theft item, but I could be wrong.

Try bidding on Hotwire or Priceline. Hotels can got for $35-45 a night and they will be loads better than a motel.

I agree!! Use biddingfortravel.com to research what potential hotels people have gotten and for what price on Priceline. I am ashamed to say I always use this but never have posted my own results.

I agree!! Use biddingfortravel.com to research what potential hotels people have gotten and for what price on Priceline. I am ashamed to say I always use this but never have posted my own results.

If trip is on mid oct., when is best to bid ? :confused3

also - Orlando is a lrage place. when u bid for a place, how do you know where the location is before paying ?

and also thanks to all the replies.
it is because people like you tha thte foeum is so nice,
and due to your assistance, I already book 1 out of the 2 weeks in a nice resort using the:
http://www.skyauction.com/action/search?otid=128262
:thumbsup2

My daughter scored a terrific place through Expedia last year. She paid about $22 a night and that was for a one bedroom condo with full kitchen and laundry. It was quite comfortable for one or two and possibly with a small child. Had a nice pool and was a gated community with shuttle service to the parks.
For the life of me I cannot remember the name, it was in Kissimmee Maingate East area, just past Walmart on Irlo Bronson.
Prices seem to go up and down a lot depending on time or year and demand. Just keep checking and be ready to jump when you see what you want.
In this price range do not expect five star accommodations, but things should be at least as clean and comfortable as Motel 6.
You might also increase your budget a bit since a condo is often only slightly more than a hotel room but offers many more cost saving amenities like a kitchen and laundry. Being able to prepare simple snacks and meals can easily save over the cost of eating out and justify spending another $10-20 per night. A beautiful pool may save you money since you can stay at the resort and relax versus the cost of going out and seeking things to do out of boredom.
I have been over the top satisfied with customer service from Expedia for last minute changes. If you can combine your condo stay with a car from their Website you might save even more.

We stayed at the Lakeside Maingate several years ago when it was a Best Western. Like others, we have DVC, and would stay at that motel when we wanted to stay at an inexpensive place, and would go the night before checking in at DVC, and the night before leaving. This was when DVC used to charge nearly twice the points for Fri and Sat night. The last time we stayed, it was awful. It was so bad that I complained to Best Western, who refunded half our cost for the night. The room was supposed to be non-smoking and it reeked of cigaret smoke, so, either the previous guest smoked, or the cleaning people did. My son and I have asthma. When we checked in, they told us it was the "last room". When we complained to Best Western, the motel said we should have asked to be moved. Well, the front desk told us we had the "last room".

I think the motel likely has gone down in quality, since it no longer Best Western. The neighborhood is that near the Vacation Lodge that burned down about 2 years ago. The Vacation Lodge was an inexpensive, long stay motel that homeless people lived in, and many of the residents reportedly used drug. I would not stay in that area again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter