Looking for a low cost (30-35 dollars) motel for long stay.

dot00

Earning My Ears
I would appreciate recommendation for accommodation…

Trip plan is for 2 weeks on mid-October (i.e. – off-season)
Father + 13 years old kid.
Planned: Disney / SeaWorld / universal
Will have a car: (so accommodation can be anyplace in 20 min. drive)

MUST: Safe and Refrigerator

I almost closed at suite-6 (Motel-6 with kitchen) for 30 USD per night for long stay, but they do not have a safe (neither you can put passports in the front desk)

I searched in Trip Advisor for many hours, and I understand the phrase of: “What you pay is what you get”

But I am a true believer of people and forums, and of personal tips (i.e. – people of have been there and can recommend)

What motel can you recommend ?

I almost closed at suite-6 (Motel-6 with kitchen) for 30 USD per night for long stay, but they do not have a safe (neither you can put passports in the front desk)

I searched in Trip Advisor for many hours, and I understand the phrase of: “What you pay is what you get”

But I am a true believer of people and forums, and of personal tips (i.e. – people of have been there and can recommend)

Sorry, I don't have a recommendation for a motel in that price range. Personally, when I'm traveling in foreign countries, I prefer to keep my passport with me at all times. You never know what can happen and if for some reason you can't get back to your passport, what a headache that would be!

I was curious if there were rooms for that low and sure enough... I did a search on expedia and found the following in your price range with safe and fridge in the room: These are all in Kissimmee
Travelodge Maingate
Knights Inn Maingate
Maingate Lakeside Resort
Continental Plaza Hotel

Good luck. And enjoy your trip.

I was curious if there were rooms for that low and sure enough... I did a search on expedia and found the following in your price range with safe and fridge in the room: These are all in Kissimmee
Travelodge Maingate
Knights Inn Maingate
Maingate Lakeside Resort
Continental Plaza Hotel

Good luck. And enjoy your trip.

Thanks very much.

I hope anyone can give a personal word on any of them
as Tripadvisor reviews where not so good.
Personally, I think that mankind runs faster to write bad reviews then good reviews.
So I hope someone can give warm words on any of above

I have not checked the rates, but we can usually get pretty good accomodations through Extended Stay Hotels.

Not familiar with any of them try booking.com a lot of times you can find a place like Extended Stay or LaQuinta through them with a deal There is also no fees associated with that site and not even a deposit required

Put Orlando in your search you'll get Lake Buena Vista to come up too in your results Kissimmee is big and not necessarily near where you are planning to go

Good luck to you

Neighbors got a week at Star Island Resort on skyauction.com, $249 for 1 bedroom suite. http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2275600 shows consecutive weeks in October. They've stayed there before and really liked it. She also said they've bought vacation certificates at http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2272462 for $259 for a week and there are more resorts available that way. You can click on the 'view availability here' written in blue and it takes you to the page with available resorts and dates.

+1 for using sky auction. You need to read the fine print on their deals but the savings can be big. The links above are good for what you are looking for.

In October I would expect to pay under $300 a week at a really nice timeshare property booking thru rci. The sky auction links are basically the same deal. You can also find these kind of deals on eBay. No presentation required. They will likely bother you at check in and might phone you later. 'No no no' and unplugging the phone works for me.

I have seen what $30 a night hotels look like and I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole. And they are usually in bad neighborhoods.

If all you see are bad reviews on Trip Advisor I would steer clear.

If your budget increases I can recommend Quality Suites lake Buena Vista for $70 a night. It is a one bedroom suite that sleeps 6 and has a full kitchen and a living room and it includes free hot breakfast every day of your stay.

If you book online and pre-pay you get that low rate.

Have stayed at the lakeside resort, but not in a couple years. Nothing wrong with it when I stayed. But there is a resort fee that would add expense to your trip.

I own DVC but there have been times when I needed a one night cheap before or after my Disney stay. I have stayed at a few inexpensive places, and it is true you get what you pay for but if you want to pay less you can find a place.
My needs are a clean sheets and a clean bathroom. I like to have a fridge, micro not so important. I always check for bedbugs before bringing suitcase in the room and check the bathroom for mold, room for smoking smell and make sure A/C works. I never used any of these hotel pools, I wait till I am at BeachClub for the good swimming. I am a single older woman who usually travels with my 7 year old grandson and have never felt that I was not safe but I stay on 192 or International Drive, not in Kissimmee or farther down 192 East.
I usually book with Hotel.com, priceline, or Orbits, but I always want to know the name of the hotel before I book, I never book without knowing the hotel name and location.
If you want to take a chance you can wait till you get down to FL and grab one of those hotel guides from I-hop or Dennys. They have hotel coupons in them, some as low as $29 a night. Again, check out the place before you pay, drive the parking lot and see who is hanging out. 192 East and West close to Disney has always been ok with me.
Here are a few I have stayed at and some words on each.

Knights Inn 192 West. clean room, sheets and towels clean although worn, carpets worn and dirty, I always wear slippers. has fridge and micro. 1 story.
Claremont (formerly Howard Johnson) 192 East very nice, clean rooms, sheets are clean, you have to get towels when you check in they don't put them it the room due to theft, newer mattresses since name change, Linoleum fake wood floors (nicer than dirty carpets but noisy if you are on lower floor, ask for top floor) 2 story has fridge and microwave
Parkside (formerly Travelodge and if you look for it at night you will see the Travelodge sign through the Parkside sign) clean rooms, clean sheets and towels, no one at front desk after 9 pm. Mainly seemed to be long term people, I felt safe but it wasn't tourists, more homeless. has fridge no microwave.
Champions Gate. A really nice place, not always in the low price range but for your time period you might find something cheap. fridge and microwave.
Rodeway Inn Maingate, clean, run down, fridge and microwave.
I have also gotten really good deals at some places that don't seem to be bargains using priceline and orbitz. I stayed at Embassy Suites Lake Buena vista for 3 nights in July for $83 a night with my son and grandson. I know that is more than you wanted to pay but the breakfast alone would have cost me about $50 for 3. We also went to the manager's happy hour (2 hours) and had at least 6 drinks each which at a bar would have cost us about $2 each. (grandson had shirley temples lol)
I also got a really good price one time when I was out of DVC points for Quality Inn and Suites over on International Drive. I paid $46 a night but it included full bfst. every morning, we got a gift basket with fruits and a bottle of FL wine, a balloon and so0me light up toys for my grandson.
there are plenty of great prices you just have to do some searching for them.

Thanks for everybody’s kindness to share their time for replies.
Regarding “sky auction” - can it be done this days or must it be done close to the trip dates (i.e. – Not before October) ?

Try bidding on Hotwire or Priceline. Hotels can got for $35-45 a night and they will be loads better than a motel.

Try bidding on Hotwire or Priceline. Hotels can got for $35-45 a night and they will be loads better than a motel.

correct me if I am wrong
you bid for number of stars hotel , but I will not know if there is a kitchen or refrige till after I obligate and pay ? Correct ?

also - do you have to be a US resident in order to bid for priceline or hotwire (i.e. - will they take international credit card) ?

Belive me when I say that I am one of the cheapest people alive, but i would not recomend any of the motels how regular rate is in the $30 range. We are a family of 7 and needed two rooms and I wanted to do it as cheap as possible. I search on here and tripadvisor and found a lot of mixed opinions. Most were bad; bed bugs, mode, faulty doors, etc. You would be taking a real gamble. The worst was Knights Inn. You can dfind quite a few decent ones for around $50 a night. Have you checked with your employee benefits to see if you can get any discounts that way (a lot of US employerdo this)? Through my husbands employer we could have Destiny Palms for $37 a night, but we decided to rent a house instead.

Hello again. I asked my neighbor and she said skyauction inventory changes all the time and they don't always have the vacation certificates so if you something that works for you, buy it then. She has stayed at Star Island, Wyndham Cypress Palms and Grand Beach and has relatives who have stayed at Grand Villas. They would not hesitate to return to all of them.

Neighbors got a week at Star Island Resort on skyauction.com, $249 for 1 bedroom suite. http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2275600 shows consecutive weeks in October. They've stayed there before and really liked it. She also said they've bought vacation certificates at http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2272462 for $259 for a week and there are more resorts available that way. You can click on the 'view availability here' written in blue and it takes you to the page with available resorts and dates.

Thanks to all.
I have ordered the "Star Island" with the link above and I am waiting fro confirmation.
the link declares it is 250 $ all included,
but while googling I read that resorts like to try and add on top of it.
i hope not to be surprised on site...
thanks to all !!!
and kudos to lorilori

Glad to help. My neighbor did not mention anything about extra charges at the resorts only the $20 skyauction fee when you book so hope that is the case.

I wouldn't stay in any of those motels with a kid, even a 13-year old. Trust me, the reviews are bad for a reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter