looking for a Ding fare- philly to MCO in Dec

d-man's mom

Mouseketeer
I had to remove Ding from my desktop after I ended up with spyware on my computer. :( I have no idea if it came from Ding or not, but it hasn't happened again since removing it and running a spyware detector program.

ANYWAY- if anyone sees a Ding far for Philly to Orlando for Dec 13th, please PM me. On Friday I booked our tix at $79 one way and yesterday got an email from Orbitz that USAir is selling seats for $99RT now. Arrgh!

Our return tix are on Air Tran and were $59 ea, so the total before taxes is $138RT. I am happy I have our flights booked, but I'd love to get some credit from a sale price if I can.

I am keeping my eyes open for the sale prices, but Ding seems to have much better deals.

I hate not having Ding anymore! :(

Thanks a bunch!!!

As of right now, they're only showing fares through November 17, but I'll try to remember to keep my eyes open for you.

I am looking for a Ding fare from PHL to MCO for Nov.27-Dec 2 so I will keep a look out for you too. :flower:

I thought Ding fares could only be purchased through the Ding program. Can you get the same fares without it?

Pooh_Friend#1 said:
Silly question, what is a Ding fare?
Southwest airlines has a program that you load onto your computer. Usually a couple times a day, it gives you a "ding" and an update on special rates. You click the icon and then get to their webpage with the special rates, which are usually pretty good.

Since I'm looking for an adjustment, I would have to call anyway with the Ding information. I'm not re-booking my tickets.

I don't think you necessarily have to book a Ding rate online- can someone verify that?? Will the CSR take a phone call if you have the Ding rate code?

The rates are out through January 9, but no Philadelphia. Are you near any other airports?

I'm closest to Philly- like 15 miles from the airport- it's not worth the cost to drive to another airport.

I keep trying to download DING and keep getting an error message that says:
Registration could not complete.
Unable to communicate with the Southwest Airlines Server.
Try again at another time.

I have tried at home & work to install this and it won't work. Please help. :confused3

Sounds like a firewall problem. Sometimes, I need to disable my firewall in order to download certain things. I can't remember if that was the case with DING! or not. I do know that once I installed it, I had to let Norton know that it was okay for the DING! program to access the internet.

Phil to Orlando is now $43 for travel 9/19-1/9! Good thru 8:30 tonight so hurry!

Not sure if you guys know that you can modify your reservation if the price goes down. I got $79 each way and a week later it went down to $69 so I go an $80 SW credit (4 people). Then today the trip home went down to $59 so I got another $40 credit for a total of $120. I just have to use it (actually complete travel) a year from when I booked the original flight. My mom comes to visit alot and you can use up to 3 different confirmation #'s for each ticket and it doesn't have to be the same name on each confirmation. You can actually just do this online and it doesn't cancel your old res. before it makes the new one so you don't have to be afraid of losing your seat.

I wasn't at a computer and missed the fare! Thanks everyone! If you see one again, please PM me. I appreciate it!

Usually a little airplane comes up above the SW icon at the bottom of my desktop but I didnt see that yesterday and I missed the 43.00 special. I am already booked but I would love to get the credit applied for 4 of us.....oh man am I mad....I would love to see it come up again....If anyone sees and and has time please PM me...Thank you ...I shouldnt be so mad, my flight was only 79.00 one way, but when applied to four of us that makes a difference!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter