Look what I found last night from Boma - Banana Bread Pudding

Margie J

<font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon
Banana Bread Pudding from Boma at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 12 servings.

12 croissants (or any bread with high butter content, such as brioche or challah)
1 quart milk
1 quart heavy cream
13 eggs
1 pound, 3 ounces granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 whole bananas, sliced
6 ounces butter, melted

1. Heat oven to 320 F. Cut bread into cubes. Place them in a 10-inch round, 2-inch deep baking pan. Slice bananas. Mix with the bread.
2. Prepare custard by mixing the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, milk and heavy cream. Pour custard over bread, making sure bread is soaked. Brush top with melted butter. Place baking dish on a large jellyroll pan. Fill jellyroll pan with water to create a gentle water bath while the pudding bakes.
3. Bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Top will be golden, and skewer inserted into the pudding should come out clean.

I think my cholesterol went up 10 pts just by reading the recipe,lol!

I left off the calorie count on this one. It's shocking! :eek:

Margie, I think I love you!! I just had this last week while at Boma and immediately fell in love with it. It was a HUGE slice of heaven. Do you know if the vanilla sauce served with it is a "standard sauce" or do they do somethiing special to that as well?

Here's their recipe for vanilla sauce.

VANILLA SAUCE

Ingredients:

24 ounces Heavy Cream
12 ounces Milk
¼ ounce Vanilla Extract
4 ½ ounces Sugar
1 ounce Cornstarch
6 each Egg Yolks

Method:

Heat up milk, vanilla, and heavy cream.

Dissolve cornstarch with egg yolks. Add sugar.

Once liquid boils, temper some of the liquid into the yolks and stir vigorously. Then return tempered yolks into the pot.

Turn off the heat and stir continuously until well combined and thickened.

Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set over an ice bath to cool.

I detest Bananas but this sounds so good I'll make it for my hubby.

Cheryl

Thank you so much for posting this. I received the recipe via email from Disney, but, had NO clue how many eggs = 27ozs. or how much cinnamon=1/3 oz. You saved my day!!!! Thank you!!!!! Now, I will cut this recipe in half and TRY to figure out 1/2 of 13 eggs!!!! LOL. I will just use 7 eggs for the half recipe.
Have a GREAT day!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter