Look What I Dug Out…..

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I’m going old school DIS and taking my pins to WDW next week and attaching them to my backpack.

Anyone else have this DIS pin?

IMG_0222.jpeg

The lime green Mickey I bought at WDW probably 16 or 17 years ago - back in the day when DISers attached something lime green to their bags, strollers and etc. I decided to start the lime green trend again - I don’t think anyone’s doing that anymore.

If you’re there the same time as my DD19 and I, which is June 6th - June 11th, don’t hesitate to stop us and say “Hi!”, we’d love to meet you 🙂

I love those! I remember wearing green Mickey heads in those days! Wishing you and Katie a lot of fun and good times! Wish I was going to be there, too, would love running into you in the parks!

Very neat, Sandy. Look like collector items. Hope you and Katie have a blast together. I know you will. Will we be getting a Monday poll? It's going to be a tough week for all us left behind here to hold down the fort with no polls for a week.
Thanks Dan! :goodvibes
Those pins are pretty old now - I don’t remember how I got the DIS one - I have two of them.
Thanks for saying I’ll be missed - I appreciate that :goodvibes
I will be doing a poll on Monday morning - I gotta get one more in before I leave Tuesday morning - our flight is at 5:20am - we’ll be in Orlando early, which means Tonga Toast for breakfast - so excited! :yay:

I love those! I remember wearing green Mickey heads in those days! Wishing you and Katie a lot of fun and good times! Wish I was going to be there, too, would love running into you in the parks!
Thanks Pea! :goodvibes
Those were the good ol DIS days when DISers had fun introducing themselves to other DISers. I’ve always had a picture of me in my signature, and when I’d wear these pins on my bag, I had several people introduce themselves to me - it was super fun.
This was my old signature picture of me and DD25 (she was 6yrs old then) ⬇️
It was captioned….Me and my little chef
3CF708AE-88B6-4968-8EC2-5154901F7A75.jpeg

That would be awesome if you were there - it’d be fun meeting you in person.
Thanks again for the well wishes :goodvibes

Thanks Dan! :goodvibes
Those pins are pretty old now - I don’t remember how I got the DIS one - I have two of them.
Thanks for saying I’ll be missed - I appreciate that :goodvibes
I will be doing a poll on Monday morning - I gotta get one more in before I leave Tuesday morning - our flight is at 5:20am - we’ll be in Orlando early, which means Tonga Toast for breakfast - so excited! :yay:
That's good, an early start, a full day down there at WDW.

Also, just in case you need a beignet while in Disney Springs....

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/beignets-...hen-menu-debuts-as-remodel-finally-completed/

beignets-expressed-dl-21.jpg

Those were the good ol DIS days when DISers had fun introducing themselves to other DISers. I’ve always had a picture of me in my signature, and when I’d wear these pins on my bag, I had several people introduce themselves to me - it was super fun.
View attachment 764920

I sure do remember that picture for so long. And meeting you and Steph when she was about that age. Maybe I'll meet Katie some day also, and see you again too.

Enjoy your well deserved trip, with your best buddy. @piglet1805

View attachment 764920

I totally remember that signature! So cute! :goodvibes

No recollection of the DIS pin but I do remember the lime green Mickeys. I looked for people with the Mickey heads but never saw any. And this is crazy but I remember that photo too!

• Love
Reactions: slo
I hope you have a fabulous time snacking around WDW - meanwhile I’ll be suffering withdraws from missing you so much !!! I’ll send you messages every day wishing you a great time to help me get thru the week !! Your polls will be missed too !!! BUT you deserve this ! You are one busy woman !!! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy !!!! Don’t rush yourself and have a wonderful time ! RELAX for a change !!!
I hope you find other DIS peeps ! Yes I remember the Lime Mickeys !

I have a couple of pins that Corey gave us when we met up with him and Bawb at the Studios (2007). We have maybe a couple other stashed in some box...not sure where after several moves.

Have a great trip!

• Love
Reactions: slo
My best trips are always with DD, who will be 30 in September. It's hard to believe but we've been doing Disney trips together for 25 years. HEY! Maybe we need a 25th anniversary trip!! Any excuse to go to Disney !!:rotfl2:

Have a wonderful trip, @slo !!

That's good, an early start, a full day down there at WDW.

Also, just in case you need a beignet while in Disney Springs....

https://wdwnt.com/2023/06/beignets-...hen-menu-debuts-as-remodel-finally-completed/

beignets-expressed-dl-21.jpg

I sure do remember that picture for so long. And meeting you and Steph when she was about that age. Maybe I'll meet Katie some day also, and see you again too.

Enjoy your well deserved trip, with your best buddy. @piglet1805
Thanks Dan for the beignet info - you know how much Ms, Katie wants to try a beignet. I’m super excited to try them too - gotta love fried dough - LOL!

You actually did meet Katie a long time ago - this DIS Meet was at Yorktown Mall (I think that was the mall) - we met in a food court, which was a great place to meet - lots of room and everyone could eat what they wanted. I don’t know what year it was - I’m guessing 2009 or 2010 with the concert T-Shirt Stephanie has on.

Thank again for the well wishes ❤️ :goodvibes

93241FC8-B323-4458-8E3B-BA8105115C13.jpeg

No recollection of the DIS pin but I do remember the lime green Mickeys. I looked for people with the Mickey heads but never saw any. And this is crazy but I remember that photo too!
That picture was in my signature from 2004 to 2021 - long long time.
I love this picture so much - one of my favorites ❤️
I hope you have a fabulous time snacking around WDW - meanwhile I’ll be suffering withdraws from missing you so much !!! I’ll send you messages every day wishing you a great time to help me get thru the week !! Your polls will be missed too !!! BUT you deserve this ! You are one busy woman !!! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy !!!! Don’t rush yourself and have a wonderful time ! RELAX for a change !!!
I hope you find other DIS peeps ! Yes I remember the Lime Mickeys !
Thank you very much my friend! ❤️:goodvibes
@PollyannaMom are you going to poll us since Slo has the nerve to desert us for WDW? The nerve!!! 😂
To funny! :rotfl:
:laughing: No, I already host my own daily question thread (and have gone to slo for advice about it) but everyone from her polls is welcome to drop by over there:

Gratitude Thread
And a wonderful thread it is :love:
Have fun on your trip, Slo. :love:
Thank you ❤️:goodvibes
I have a couple of pins that Corey gave us when we met up with him and Bawb at the Studios (2007). We have maybe a couple other stashed in some box...not sure where after several moves.

Have a great trip!
Thank you Belle ❤️:goodvibes
It’s great to see you :wave:
I hope all is well
Have a great trip!!
Mother/daughter trips are so fun.
My best trips are always with DD, who will be 30 in September. It's hard to believe but we've been doing Disney trips together for 25 years. HEY! Maybe we need a 25th anniversary trip!! Any excuse to go to Disney !!:rotfl2:

Have a wonderful trip, @slo !!

Last edited:
I totally remember that signature! So cute! :goodvibes
Thank you ❤️ :goodvibes - it’s an old picture - DD25 was 6 years old (2004)
She did a baking class at The Grand Floridian - she had so much fun.
I don’t think this is offered anymore, which is a shame.
This picture will always be one of my favorites :love:

I remember the lime green mickey heads!

I used to go by the paint section in the store the had them (Home Depot?) and try and stow them away for my next trip. I never actually saw any during my trips to Disney World. But once when I was in the store, there were only two left and I took them both only to hear a lady approaching loudly lamenting the lime green row was empty and I turned around and gave her one of them. That lead to an interesting conversation about Disney World. She was actually looking for the paint chips because she wanted to convince her young son that it was the best color for an accent wall in his bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!