Longer trip vs Express pass?

Longer trip or Express pass?

• Total voters

bclittle

Earning My Ears
I have a tight budget for a summer trip! We are Universal newbies so we will want to see almost everything!

Would you rather do a 5 day trip with no Express Pass or a 2-3 day trip with Express Pass? We can’t afford to stay at the hotels that include the express pass for longer than 1 night. We would be going at end of July.

Yes we would use whatever single rider lines there are. Are there a lot of rides with single rider lines?

Almost every featured ride has a single rider line.

If you are open to using the single rider line, I would go with a longer trip without question. I'm assuming that you would be staying on-site at one of the non-EP hotels and would have access to early entry. The value of that can't be underestimated above and beyond just the rides that are available. Once you've done the early entry rides, it allows you to do some of the other blockbuster rides while everyone else is heading to Harry Potter or Velocicoaster.

If you want more opinions about EP versus non-EP, this is probably the best thread that covers the issue:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...ou-dont-need-them-even-when-its-busy.3874685/

One thing to think about it that for a 5-day trip, check out whether an annual pass makes more sense. The passholder hotel rates have been inconsistent at best, but sometimes a pass is the same cost or even cheaper than a regular ticket.

I also vote 5 days.

With a shorter trip with EP, you feel "obligated" to ride as much as possible which leads you to skip exploring, taking your time, enjoying the shows, etc. At least it is that way for me. I feel like I'm wasting EP money if I'm lingering somewhere, taking a break, etc.

We usually do 3/nights—4days with EP hotel, and that is more then enough to tackle both parks, get a 3/4hr pool day and 1/2 day travel to Disney springs.

With no EP I would suggest adding 1 day to that.

Voted for longer trip

if staying on-site, utilize the early entry perk & hit a headliner or two

Make sure to take an afternoon break. In July prob will be dodging a few pop up afternoon TS. They do tend to clear out the park a bit, hurry back when it passes;)

Thanks for the comments! We are staying onsite, we won’t be up early everyday, but we will have to take advantage of the early entry at least once! I didn’t realize how many single rider lines there are, we will utilize those for sure!

We are doing five days and no express pass hotel in June/July. Early entry days. If we find we need an express day, then we'll decide when there if it's worth it for a day. We'll do single rider occasionally as well, play it by ear to see.

If you can afford to stay at one of the resorts with "free" express pass, it is an amazing option.
We did in April and did everything we wanted to (several times) in 2 1/2 days.
The only thing not covered by Express pass is Hagrids and Velocicoaster and you have early entry for those.

I would always choose more time - we always go for a week onsite with no EP when we go for our annual vacay - with 5 days you'll be able to not rush/hurry & really enjoy all UO has to offer :)!
We will be going with an 8 and 6 year old for 5 days end of June into July. Will we be fine with the kids and no EP with a 5 day stay?

I would think you'll be fine with 5 full days without EP especially if you're staying onsite & have early entry - the parks will be open later, too, so if your kids are more night owls, that's an option, too 👍

I would think you'll be fine with 5 full days without EP especially if you're staying onsite & have early entry - the parks will be open later, too, so if your kids are more night owls, that's an option, too
I would think you'll be fine with 5 full days without EP especially if you're staying onsite & have early entry - the parks will be open later, too, so if your kids are more night owls, that's an option, too 👍
Thanks...doing Dockside Inn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter