Long hot and sweaty weekend water park only trip

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Just returned from a long weekend water park only trip to celebrate turning 50.

Overall we had a great time, the plan was to visit both water parks. I guess I should have looked before getting there and I would have known that Blizzard Beach is closed.

Seems odd that one of the water parks is closed in the middle of summer but oh well we can adjust.

My family and I have some very old (2008 and 2012 purchase dates)10-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More & No Expiration Options added to our Disney accounts. We have been slowly working through the Water Park Fun & More days, having used the last of the admission days in 2018. If I remember correctly we paid $50 to add the Water Park Fun & More options.

I knew something was up with the tickets when I noticed mine disappeared from the Disney World App. You can not see how many days are left but you know if the ticket is there, something of value remains. So we planned to get there early and stand in the guest services line to get it fixed. Ideally we would have arrive early enough the day before to get it fixed at Disney Springs the night before but we didn't arrive in Orlando until after 11pm.

Just to be sure we all tried to enter the park and only my son was let in. My wife, my daughter, and myself were told there was a problem. I was expecting mine to be broken based on what I could see in the Disney World App but not anyone else. Off to the guest services line.

The line was short and were were quickly seen. I still have the paper/plastic tickets and receipts so I wasn't too worried that the tickets were lost forever. The woman helping moved the tickets to new media but said she was unable to attach them to my magic band or tell me what value remained. I explained again that the tickets were long ago applied to our individual accounts and we had used a water park day as recently as 2020.

When I refused to leave without getting the tickets working with our magic band she left to get someone who could help.

At this point I had been standing directly in the 10am Florida sun for about 10 minutes and was sweating up a storm.

The plaid shirt person (oddly they don't wear plaid at the water parks) arrived and asked about the problem. He then explained that we could not share tickets and that was the problem. Like I said I had all the prior paper/plastic tickets that had long ago been added to our magic bands so I pulled out 12 tickets and fanned them out so he understood we were not trying to share tickets but just wanted what was working in the past to work once again.

I handed him my daughters and wife's magic bands. He scanned them and said there were 6+ days on each. I then explained that the turnstile computer disagreed and they had been denied admission.

At this point he finally seemed to believe I was not trying to cheat the system by sharing tickets and got on the phone. I never saw him speak, it must have been an automated system he was interacting with or his lips just didn't move when he spoke. He would occasionally type or scan the magic band. After another 10 minutes he declared my wife and daughter fixed and needed my magic band to fix my account.

My magic band was on my wrist. Remember that hot 10am Florida sun I was standing in? It has now been over 30 minutes. I took off my magic band and sweat flew everywhere. I apologized but it was in no way intentional. The band flicked as I took it off. He quickly grabbed a sanitizing cloth to take the band from me so he didn't get my sweat all over himself with a disgusted look on his face. Lucky for him the glass partition caught the majority of the sweat and was now dripping down the glass.

A few moments later the woman who first started helping me brought me out a washcloth. Told me it was mine to keep. I wiped my face and waited.

It took another 10 minutes to get my account fixed. Apparently we each had second profiles that had been generated and the profiles needed to be merged. He theorized there was a system conversion that took place at the beginning of the year and that is probably what broke our accounts.

It had been almost 40 minutes standing in the guest services line, directly in the sun. I turned to go to the turnstile and almost slipped in my shoes. I was wearing Crocs and had sweated so much, the Crocs were actually full of sweat. I stopped, took each shoe off and dumped the sweat out onto the pavement and wiped my feet and inside the Crocs with the recently provided souvenir wash cloth.

The woman who originally started helping me looked on with a look of horror on her face.

In the end the turnstile let us all in and we had a great day.

The next day we went to Disney Springs to Guest Services so we could get an accurate count of what remains on each of our accounts. It was so much more pleasant waiting in the air conditioning.

It turns out between the four of us we have 43 water park days left. I am not sure how the Disney computer decides which media to use. Even though my kids have 9 days each left it is split as 3 on one 10 day ticket and 6 on another 10 day ticket.

At current prices that is $3160.07 in value that if I remember correctly we paid $400 ($50 each x 2 tickets each) for those days. I am glad those days are back accessible for us to use.

I miss the option to buy non expiring tickets.

Just returned from a long weekend water park only trip to celebrate turning 50.

Overall we had a great time, the plan was to visit both water parks. I guess I should have looked before getting there and I would have known that Blizzard Beach is closed.

Seems odd that one of the water parks is closed in the middle of summer but oh well we can adjust.

My family and I have some very old (2008 and 2012 purchase dates)10-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper & Water Park Fun & More & No Expiration Options added to our Disney accounts. We have been slowly working through the Water Park Fun & More days, having used the last of the admission days in 2018. If I remember correctly we paid $50 to add the Water Park Fun & More options.

I knew something was up with the tickets when I noticed mine disappeared from the Disney World App. You can not see how many days are left but you know if the ticket is there, something of value remains. So we planned to get there early and stand in the guest services line to get it fixed. Ideally we would have arrive early enough the day before to get it fixed at Disney Springs the night before but we didn't arrive in Orlando until after 11pm.

Just to be sure we all tried to enter the park and only my son was let in. My wife, my daughter, and myself were told there was a problem. I was expecting mine to be broken based on what I could see in the Disney World App but not anyone else. Off to the guest services line.

The line was short and were were quickly seen. I still have the paper/plastic tickets and receipts so I wasn't too worried that the tickets were lost forever. The woman helping moved the tickets to new media but said she was unable to attach them to my magic band or tell me what value remained. I explained again that the tickets were long ago applied to our individual accounts and we had used a water park day as recently as 2020.

When I refused to leave without getting the tickets working with our magic band she left to get someone who could help.

At this point I had been standing directly in the 10am Florida sun for about 10 minutes and was sweating up a storm.

The plaid shirt person (oddly they don't wear plaid at the water parks) arrived and asked about the problem. He then explained that we could not share tickets and that was the problem. Like I said I had all the prior paper/plastic tickets that had long ago been added to our magic bands so I pulled out 12 tickets and fanned them out so he understood we were not trying to share tickets but just wanted what was working in the past to work once again.

I handed him my daughters and wife's magic bands. He scanned them and said there were 6+ days on each. I then explained that the turnstile computer disagreed and they had been denied admission.

At this point he finally seemed to believe I was not trying to cheat the system by sharing tickets and got on the phone. I never saw him speak, it must have been an automated system he was interacting with or his lips just didn't move when he spoke. He would occasionally type or scan the magic band. After another 10 minutes he declared my wife and daughter fixed and needed my magic band to fix my account.

My magic band was on my wrist. Remember that hot 10am Florida sun I was standing in? It has now been over 30 minutes. I took off my magic band and sweat flew everywhere. I apologized but it was in no way intentional. The band flicked as I took it off. He quickly grabbed a sanitizing cloth to take the band from me so he didn't get my sweat all over himself with a disgusted look on his face. Lucky for him the glass partition caught the majority of the sweat and was now dripping down the glass.

A few moments later the woman who first started helping me brought me out a washcloth. Told me it was mine to keep. I wiped my face and waited.

It took another 10 minutes to get my account fixed. Apparently we each had second profiles that had been generated and the profiles needed to be merged. He theorized there was a system conversion that took place at the beginning of the year and that is probably what broke our accounts.

It had been almost 40 minutes standing in the guest services line, directly in the sun. I turned to go to the turnstile and almost slipped in my shoes. I was wearing Crocs and had sweated so much, the Crocs were actually full of sweat. I stopped, took each shoe off and dumped the sweat out onto the pavement and wiped my feet and inside the Crocs with the recently provided souvenir wash cloth.

The woman who originally started helping me looked on with a look of horror on her face.

In the end the turnstile let us all in and we had a great day.

The next day we went to Disney Springs to Guest Services so we could get an accurate count of what remains on each of our accounts. It was so much more pleasant waiting in the air conditioning.

It turns out between the four of us we have 43 water park days left. I am not sure how the Disney computer decides which media to use. Even though my kids have 9 days each left it is split as 3 on one 10 day ticket and 6 on another 10 day ticket.

At current prices that is $3160.07 in value that if I remember correctly we paid $400 ($50 each x 2 tickets each) for those days. I am glad those days are back accessible for us to use.

I miss the option to buy non expiring tickets.
Me too! Made it so much more relaxing to know you didn’t ”have to” use all the days on the ticket! Especially in the summer months!

Me too! Made it so much more relaxing to know you didn’t ”have to” use all the days on the ticket! Especially in the summer months!
Those 10 day tickets cost a bunch when I had to buy 4 at a time but it covered so many vacations. At least 3 if not 4 or more park trips and then dozens of water park only trips.

I think we will be enjoying our remaining water park days for another 8-12 years. A water park day will probably be well over $100 a day by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter