London; what to do?

belliiee

Earning My Ears
Just booked our annual trip to London. 21-23 August we will leave Holland to go to London again.
We'll arrive in the early morning and we'll leave in the evening.
With "we" I mean; my mother, my sister and me!

We are great musicalfans, i'm going to see my 16th and 17th musical on West End; Singin' in the rain and Mathilda!
Already booked our tickets already because Mathilda is sold out for almost every day in August! And for Singin' in the rain we have; "You will get wet" tickets.. looks real fun to me!

Over the years we have done the "must see" things like; london eye, british museum, dungeon and more.
But what next.. because we visit London every year, we have our favourite addresses.. Harrods, Dress Circle (great theatre shop!) and more..
We really want to do new things but I thought; maybe some of you have got some great ideas?
That could be for sightseeing, shopping, attractions..
Oh, and we don't like Harry Potter. :wizard::rotfl2:

I hope you could help me out. :)

We're just back from 4 days in London and had a great time. Sounds like you've probably seem more than me though. Some of the things we did:

Chicago
We Will Rock You
Tower of London
Meal in Chinatown
Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Trafalgar Square
Somerset House - My eldest is a big Rolling Stones fan so wanted to see the current gallery there. We also had fun in the fountains :thumbsup2

My older kids did the London Music Rock Tour - a small tour bus takes in sights of iconic rock locations, such as where famous artists lived/worked - they loved it.

Harry Potter was one of the main reasons we went to London - but I can see you'll not be bothering with that :upsidedow

Hope you have a nice time :)

what about a walking tour. There are several companies that offer them. You meet at a train station or similar and you can do all sorts of tours. I quite fancy doing 'The Ripper' Tour. '
There is also a 'Beatles Walking Tour' that looks great.
Or have you thought about doing the Duck Tour. Where you get on the yellow bus and it goes around the sights then drives straight into the river Thames.
What about catching the train out of London and going to Windsor for the day.
Also have you had a look around Camden Lock market or Islington antiques market..

Thats all I can think of at the moment. London is a fab city and we go into town often.:)

what about a walking tour. There are several companies that offer them. You meet at a train station or similar and you can do all sorts of tours. I quite fancy doing 'The Ripper' Tour. '
There is also a 'Beatles Walking Tour' that looks great.
Or have you thought about doing the Duck Tour. Where you get on the yellow bus and it goes around the sights then drives straight into the river Thames.
What about catching the train out of London and going to Windsor for the day.
Also have you had a look around Camden Lock market or Islington antiques market..

Thats all I can think of at the moment. London is a fab city and we go into town often.:)

I forgot, we did Camden Lock too. If we'd have had longer I'd have liked to visit Windsor Castle and maybe even Legoland.

kensington palace is a really good they have the royal clothing on display and you can tour the old apartments and diana memorabilia.
also houses of parlament do a tour inside. never been on it though, have been in the houses of parlament for a party and it looked very interesting.
;)
the walking tours are very good as is the london tour on the open top bus although our lovely british weather may not be so kind!

Thank you all!
We had a car accident 3 years ago and we all have back-problems since then so a walking tour is not an option. Kind of frustrating when you're just 20 but it seems I have to deal with it for the rest of my life.:sad1:
I think the London Music Rock Tour would be a really great thing to do!

Made a word document with a "to do" list.
I really love Peter Pan and every trip we don't have the time to visit the statue.
So nr 1. on this list is; Peter Pan statue!
Together with Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park if the weather is nice.

Will the Thames cable car (is that the right word??) stay there now for a long time? I can't find that out. Would be really cool to take a trip with that!

how are you with heights? A new London attraction is UP at the o2, you walk over the Dome, we did it last week and it was great.

ah back problems maybe not then.

Yes the cable car will be there for a long time.

The O2 sounds really cool but I don't think we will be able to do that.

I'm sad.. Dress Circle (our favourite showbizz/musical shop) will be closing their doors permanently on august 15th.
So it's already closed when we are in London :(

My mum and I are now looking for really cheap bustickets for next week.
Crazy, right?! :cheer2:

Okay, new plan :rotfl2:

Sunday evening we'll leave Utrecht (my hometown, right in the middle of the netherlands) by eurolines bus for a 1 day shopping trip!
It's really cheap!

Arrive at 5.30 am so we want to have our breakfast at the olympic park.
And perhaps try to get some tickets to get to a hockey match. Too bad the Netherlands will play in the evening.

We really want to shop a lot at harrods and the dress circle, debenhams (my sister is a dancer and there they have pineapple stuff 70% off).
We think that not everything would fit in our suitcases when we fly with ryanair in a few weeks.
8 pm we go back by bus and will be back in Utrecht tuesday at 6 am.
I love it!

So, with the trip at the end of august we have booked new tickets for the lion king for the wednesday afternoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter