Loki himself traveled from London to surprise NYC Children

Rumors Rocks

Mouseketeer
Tom Hiddleston surprises NYC kids at Daily News/Disney screening of 'Thor: The Dark World'

It's not one of his tricks! Loki himself travelled from London to thank Variety the Children’s Charity of New York and The Children’s Aid Society for their work with the city's kids at a special screening of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at AMC Empire 25 in Times Square.

thor1n-6.jpg

A dapper Tom Hiddleston surprises kids at a screening of 'Thor: The Dark World' at AMC Empire 25 in Times Square.

The nefarious Loki, scourge of Thor and the Avengers, is actually a good guy.

A really good guy.

thor1n-9-copy.jpg

Hiddleston's villainous Loki is back to his old tricks in 'Thor: The Dark World.'

Actor Tom Hiddleston flew in from London on Halloween just to trick and treat kids from two charities in a special screening of his latest film, “Thor: The Dark World.”

thor1n-5.jpg

Hiddleston fistbumps a young fan before the screening.

“I am Loki and I am filled with glorious purpose,” Hiddleston said in the menacing voice of his character as he stepped out to surprise the crowd at the event co-hosted by Disney, Marvel Studios and the Daily News.

He then dropped into a more regular register to thank the charities being honored at the AMC Empire 25 in Times Square — Variety the Children’s Charity of New York and The Children’s Aid Society.

thor1n-10.jpg

The sibling rivalry between Loki and Thor (Chris Hemsworth) continues in 'Thor: The Dark World.'

“It was amazing,” a beaming Hiddleston, 32, told The News after leaving the theater as the kids watched the movie. Though he had landed at JFK just two hours before the screening, the British thespian said the screening was worth the long journey.

thor1n-7-web.jpg

Hiddleston thanks Variety the Children’s Charity of New York and The Children’s Aid Society prior to the screening.

“I just landed from London at 4 p.m. and to sort of come through the airport, throw on some clothes and come into that response where there were just 300 kids so excited to be there,” the actor added.

“To see that enthusiasm, to see them clap and cheer, wearing Loki T-shirts and swinging hammers, that was really gratifying.”

thor1n-1.jpg

Hiddleston looks less sinister than his character, Loki.

It was even more gratifying for the kids.

thor1n-8-web.jpg

Hiddleston poses for selfie shots with a fan who wore a 'Free Loki' t-shirt for the event.

“Oh my God, I screamed for my life, he’s a good actor,” said 13-year-old Bryonnah Justiniano of the moment of shock when Hiddleston was introduced by the night’s emcee, Marvel Studio’s Joe Quesada.

Though he’s been lauded by critics for his work in movies like Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris,” Hiddleston has developed a large cult following for his portrayal of Loki, the Norse god of mischief in 2011’s “Thor” and last year’s “The Avengers.”

thor1n-3-web.jpg

Hiddleston says the experience was "really gratifying.”

Steven Spielberg, who directed Hiddleston on 2011’s “War Horse,” told the News at the time that his star was “going to be the next Errol Flynn.”

thor1n-4-web.jpg

Hiddleston chats with kids wielding plastic copies of Mjolnir, Thor's enchanted hammer.

Little did the kids engrossed in “Thor: The Dark World” suspect that the next Errol Flynn crept back inside to watch a bit of their reaction to his movie after his interview with The News.
“For charities like Variety of New York and Children’s Aid Society and UNICEF, who I have done some work for, I believe so strongly in their work,” he said. “There are armies of people behind the scenes who do tireless work on behalf of children all over the world.
“So it’s nothing for me to turn up and introduce a screening for them. I hope it’s a nice reward.”
With Stephen Rex Brown

'Thor: The Dark World' hammers theatres nationwide on Nov. 8.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...rld-screening-article-1.1503438#ixzz2jUvfwi5P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter