log home pics

Your home is gorgeous!!! I want to move in, bats and all!
And I hope you don't get any of that loud booming. That would scare the crap out of me. :eek:

Wow Shannone, your house is amazing!!! That's like everything I've ever dreamed of in a house...lol. Glad to see you guys are able to get a log home like that, we hope to one day as well!

Once again, great pics, thanks for sharing...

Wow Shannone, your house is amazing!!! That's like everything I've ever dreamed of in a house...lol. Glad to see you guys are able to get a log home like that, we hope to one day as well!

Once again, great pics, thanks for sharing...

Your's will have peacocks on the roof though ;)

bah, I have that now, I just don't have pool tables and gorgeous views...lol. I'll trade you my peacocks for your log home!! ;)

Awesome house...thanks for sharing the pictures! I've never seen a log home like it!!!! :thumbsup2

I can't even imagine what a 7000 square foot home must be like to live in, but I know those numbers can be deceiving. My new house in TX is 1200 square feet bigger than my old one in CA, but I think the old one was designed better or something. Somehow, they feel like they're about the same size.

Enjoy your new home! I still have boxes all over the place, and we've been here a year and a half now. Your place looks spectacular! :goodvibes

Sue in Texas

Awesome house...thanks for sharing the pictures! I've never seen a log home like it!!!! :thumbsup2

I can't even imagine what a 7000 square foot home must be like to live in, but I know those numbers can be deceiving. My new house in TX is 1200 square feet bigger than my old one in CA, but I think the old one was designed better or something. Somehow, they feel like they're about the same size.

Enjoy your new home! I still have boxes all over the place, and we've been here a year and a half now. Your place looks spectacular! :goodvibes

Sue in Texas

We've always had a thing for log homes and dreamed of building one. When this opportunity came along, we had to take it !!

Our old house (the 7000 sq ft one) was custom built by a family with 8 children. It had two laundry rooms, 7 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms and 6 common living spaces. We got it for a song at the time because the family was moving away. It was a great house and we have great memories of the 5 years we spent there. It did have it's challenges, other than the bills. It was hard to track people down. If someone got a phone call it was a pain in the butt to have to go track them down. And it seemed like there was always a light bulb that needed replacing, a window to be cleaned, etc. And with that much space sometimes you didn't find a mess right away and it was harder to clean...especially with the cat/puppy. We had rooms that we would go weeks without using.

Our new house is much more manageable and we are all very happy here. There have been no new bat sightings in the house in over a week and we moved back in two nights ago. Hopefully my friends aren't too freaked out over the bats to come and hang out now !!

...Our new house is much more manageable and we are all very happy here. There have been no new bat sightings in the house in over a week and we moved back in two nights ago. Hopefully my friends aren't too freaked out over the bats to come and hang out now !!

Wishing you only the best in your new home! :goodvibes

Sue in Texas

Super nice place:thumbsup2 All you need is a couple of nice golf carts in the front LOL!!!

Woo-hoo Shannone's havin' a party! :cool1: hehe j/k

The house is beautiful! Enjoy it bat free!!!

Sonya

All you need is a couple of nice golf carts in the front LOL!!!

I've got one...but it's not nearly as nice as yours. Just a standard 4 person club car. I'd love to get a new one eventually.

Did I see that you like to throw parties? We are only 4 hrs away... hint hint hint!!!

Shannone, you didn't invite them to the party? Oh yeah, I wasn't suppose to say anything. Ignore this post people.

PS - Nice house, look forward to driving across your neighbors lawns.

Fantastic details on that place, congratulations! My parents are still working on theirs, and things slowed down for a while because the builder that was helping to assemble the kit ran into difficulties shaping the log rafters that need to match up to a log in the roof valley. Essentially, it's a complicated cut that takes experience the guy did not have. They tried some on a few spare logs that came with the kit, but used all the spares and a few are looking pretty rough. Will have to live with them, because there are no more "extras" and it was $8,000 per truckload to deliver them from Montana last summer, probably closer to double that now:scared1: !

I will share these photos with them so they can get more ideas on how to finish their interior. Mom keeps changing her mind on some things and driving the old man crazy!

I love the details of the log arches, the half logs used for steps, the way the basement was finished, etc.

Your house is exactly what I want to build on my Wisconsin property when I retire. It is absolutly amazing.

When I first opened this thread I thought this was some resort that you were showing us from a vacation or something...after reading I see this is your lovely home. It's really beautiful. I'm even dragging hubby in to see it...I usually don't share LOL. Anyway, enjoy and I'm in for a visit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter