Lockoff 2bedroom vs regular 2 bedroom

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
Any advantages to booking one over the other?? What's the difference??

We are looking for a 2 bedroom for next year at Saratoga and we are taking my twenty year something kids and 2 of their friends . So 6 adults

The question on my mind is if kids back out can I alter my reservation to the 1 bedroom or the studio if I need to?? And should I choose the 2 bedroom lock off or regular...or.does it mAtter.

paranoid with star wars opening that I will have to alter my reservation and nothing will be available .

TIA

We are looking for a 2 bedroom for next year at Saratoga and we are taking my twenty year something kids and 2 of their friends . So 6 adults

The question on my mind is if kids back out can I alter my reservation to the 1 bedroom or the studio if I need to?? And should I choose the 2 bedroom lock off or regular...or.does it mAtter.

paranoid with star wars opening that I will have to alter my reservation and nothing will be available .

TIA

I prefer a dedicated 2 BR as it has 2 real beds in the 2nd bedroom as opposed to a bed and pull out. If you're booking DVC you can't just drop one or the other side of a lockoff...it would be a new booking and would only work if there was still availability.

No. You can not break a 2 bedroom into parts. You would need to cancel and book a new reservation for the Villa size you need, if available.
You probably want a dedicated 2 BR, not a lock off
The dedicated 2 bedroom will have a King bed in the Master and 2 Queens in the second Bedroom. A lock off is a Studio open to a 1 bedroom. So the studio will have 1 Queen, a pull out sofa bed, a kitchenette and a separate entrance into the hall. I would think you want the 2 beds and you don’t need the kitchenette. O

TIA

See above answers
I too would worry about availablty to change as time passes.

...TIA

...If you're booking DVC you can't just drop one or the other side of a lockoff...it would be a new booking and would only work if there was still availability.
I’d always assumed that you couldn’t just drop half of a lock off, but we had a lock off 2 br. at AKV Jambo booked this year for 11/29-12/8. In September my brother & his wife cancelled and I called MS to delete their names from the reservation and the person offered to modify the reservation and keep just the 1 br. and return the extra points. Jambo had been booked for quite awhile, so no open villas out there. https://www.disboards.com/threads/wwyd-2-br-v-1-br.3706341/#post-59737372
I ended up keeping the 2 br., so can’t confirm that the CM I spoke with at MS was correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter