• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Location of WL courtyard view bunkbed rooms?

TweedleDee

Earning My Ears
We have a courtyard view bunkbed room reserved at the Wilderness Lodge. I was wondering where these rooms were located in the resort?

The rooms with Bunk Beds are spread out not all lumped together, so you may request any section that has a Courtyard View. North Wing, South Wing, Off main Lobby or overlooking the Villas.

Thank you for your response. Is one view/floor better than another? We would probably prefer the inner courtyard view.

Thanks again.

Make sure you request the inner courtyard (if that is your preference)..otherwise you are likely to get a view of the villa courtyard. While this used to be considered a woods view rate years ago...in recent years they have decided that this is now a "courtyard view". Many people requesting a courtyard view automatically assume that the inner courtyard is what they are paying for. Only..you might not actually receive that. I would specifically request that when making your reservation. Also when you check in..indicate again that is you preference.

Make sure you request the inner courtyard (if that is your preference)..otherwise you are likely to get a view of the villa courtyard. While this used to be considered a woods view rate years ago...in recent years they have decided that this is now a "courtyard view". Many people requesting a courtyard view automatically assume that the inner courtyard is what they are paying for. Only..you might not actually receive that. I would specifically request that when making your reservation. Also when you check in..indicate again that is you preference.
Right - we had #5156 courtyard bunkbed room facing the villas after we paid extra for the view. Learned later that you want an odd-numbered room (the last digit odd) if you want the inner courtyard. So you can determine right there at the checkin desk what they're trying to push off on you - push back if you don't like it.

I do actually prefer the Villa side of the resort myself. Only not everyone does. I prefer that it's quieter, and I don't care for the noise that is sometimes associated with the inner courtyard. I enjoy sitting on the balcony and seeing the villa pool. However..in recent years the trees have grown and the view is somewhat blocked. It's still nice..I like the walking/bike path below. As mentioned at one time..the villa side of the resort was considered a "woods view" rate. Now..it's consider a courtyard view rate. Personally...I like to actually have the Villa Pool in sight ...then I don't mind paying the same rate as courtyard for it. I try to have them place us as close to the marina and villa pool as possible. I will say that no matter where you are..if you are unhappy with the view or room for any reason, you should contact the desk immediately. I've always found them to be very accomodating. I don't unpack..no one even sits down, until I walk in and check the view. If I'm not happy with it or think I paid for a better view..I"ve called from the room, and they change it. Again, the staff is very accomodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter