Location of AKL Concierge rooms

eeyore81

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if there is a certain part of the 4th floor that are concierge rooms or could your room be located anywhere on the 4th floor?

We just got back about 2 weeks ago. Normally (we've stayed club level several times) we're within the first 2 sections of the lobby. This time we were almost all the way through the 3rd section. Took FOREVER to walk to the lounge. lol

It actually ended up being good though - got lots of exercise and the view of the savannah is a little nicer down that far (you can see around the rocks to the other side).

We've never had a bad view/experience there. Funny though, when our whole family goes (2 adults, 2 kids) they put us in a room with 2 double beds. This time, it was just myself and 6yo DS and we got bunk beds. I kept smacking into it in the night, but DS loved it.

Thanks for the responses. We are staying Club level for our trip in September. We have stayed at AKL with an Arusha view a few times and our room was a bit of a walk from the lobby, but had great views of the animals and feeding spots. I was hoping we could get a room with a great view again. Anyone have any suggestions on room location requests.

I like zebra trail. We were in the 3rd pod of rooms. Near elevator down to Mara & pool, a bit of a walk to the elevator to CL but not bad. We like Zebra Trail because its on the same side as pool etc. on Kudu trail you have to cross the lobby to get to the pool.

We booked just a standard savanah room for 3days and we were pixi dusted when we got there to have access to the concierge and we were on the 2nd floor I believe

AKL CL rooms are located on the 4th floor of Kudu or Zebra Trail - facing Arusha Savannah.

We always request Kudu Trail 4210-4225. This is the first pod of rooms closest to the lobby on Kudu side. It is located in the wing opposite of the main lobby elevators/restaurant/pool, however, we love the view from that side.

...also, you don't have to cross directly through the main lobby to get to the pool or CL. There is a 4th floor walkway that takes you over/above the lobby entrance...and stairs (near walkway) will take you directly up to CL (5th floor has a gate for KTTW to CL access). There are also stairs near the first pod of rooms to take you directly down to back of resort/Fire Pit.

I know at least the first two pods on either side are CL rooms:

Kudu Trail - Pod 1 4210-4225 & Pod 2 4226-4241
Zebra Trail - Pod 1 4407-4422 & Pod 2 4423-4437

I like zebra trail. We were in the 3rd pod of rooms. Near elevator down to Mara & pool, a bit of a walk to the elevator to CL but not bad. We like Zebra Trail because its on the same side as pool etc. on Kudu trail you have to cross the lobby to get to the pool.

That's where we were as well, Zebra trail, 3rd pod. Loved being close to the elevators for the pool, buses, etc. Was a bit of a walk to the 6th Fl lounge, but was OK. Loved our view.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter