Loaded Contract Expiring Points

lyric_rains

Peoplemover fan
Hoping to pass ROFR by early April on a 50 point VGC contract with 50 banked 2021 points with Sept use year. Do you think these are unuesable points, as by the time they load, nothing at VGC will be available? Wondering what the options might be for such a small amount, expiring so quickly.

Do the points expire on the first of the month of the use year or the last day of the month of the use year?
They expire the first of the month of the use year. Your 2023 points will be loaded on September 1st and your 2021 points will cease to exist. I'd consider planning a trip to Hawaii/Disney World :P

Any chance you could offer to have the seller transfer the points to you for cash and then deduct that amount from the offer?

Any chance you could offer to have the seller transfer the points to you for cash and then deduct that amount from the offer?

If the points are expiring then they must be banked points. Those can not be transferred.

They expire the first of the month of the use year. Your 2023 points will be loaded on September 1st and your 2021 points will cease to exist. I'd consider planning a trip to Hawaii/Disney World :P
We have a trip to WDW scheduled for 4/7-4/15. We are coming from CA. Hoping I might be able to upgrade the room I have (studio at OKW) but that seems unlikely last minute as well. Anyone have any tips for how to use 50 points for a last minute stay at WDW?

We have a trip to WDW scheduled for 4/7-4/15. We are coming from CA. Hoping I might be able to upgrade the room I have (studio at OKW) but that seems unlikely last minute as well. Anyone have any tips for how to use 50 points for a last minute stay at WDW?
If you’re not planning to come back before September you’re really just at the mercy of whatever is left on the website. It’s more likely a random 1BR will be open on a day or so here and there in the middle of your trip. I imagine availability is getting kind of sketchy in April. If you can and it’s still available, I’d recommend booking your reservation into multiple separate reservations. That way once you get the points you can modify one of them and drop off a date, and then use the 50 points from the other contract to book whatever random room is available. It’s a lot of work to do this though and you’ll likely have a random day at some other resort and have to switch rooms back afterwards but if you REALLY wanted to save those 50 points this is how I’d do it. Debatable if its worth it. The other option is to pray for a day to open up at the end or beginning or your trip which would be preferable in terms of less hassle for changing rooms and actually booking it. If there’s a room thats more expensive than 50 points you could also buy 24 one time use points to make it work.

Last edited:
If you’re not planning to come back before September you’re really just at the mercy of whatever is left on the website. It’s more likely a random 1BR will be open on a day or so here and there in the middle of your trip. I imagine availability is getting kind of sketchy in April. If you can and it’s still available, I’d recommend booking your reservation into multiple separate reservations. That way once you get the points you can modify one of them and drop off a date, and then use the 50 points from the other contract to book whatever random room is available. It’s a lot of work to do this though and you’ll likely have a random day at some other resort and have to switch rooms back afterwards but if you REALLY wanted to save thise 50 points this is how I’d do it. Debatable if its worth it.
Thank you for this advice. The trip is already arranged for three different resorts (different contracts for each) so I will be on the lookout for trying what you suggested.

Thank you for this advice. The trip is already arranged for three different resorts (different contracts for each) so I will be on the lookout for trying what you suggested.
Nice! The fact that that’s already in place makes it a lot easier! Which resorts are you staying at?

Nice! The fact that that’s already in place makes it a lot easier! Which resorts are you staying at?
AKL kidani for 3 nights, Poly for 4 and okw the last night. Maybe by some miracle, I can play with that night and use the 50 points. But it is a Friday night the week after Easter. 😬

AKL kidani for 3 nights, Poly for 4 and okw the last night. Maybe by some miracle, I can play with that night and use the 50 points. But it is a Friday night the week after Easter. 😬
I wonder if I would be better off canceling the one night OKW studio 19pt reservation I have now so that I can have more flexibility during the week of my stay without having the points be in holding or risk losing them because I want to modify less than 30 days before my stay?

If the VGC contract is in the same membership as one segment of your trip, and any of those rooms were booked 7 months or less, and don’t already used banked or borrowed points, you can modify them, without changing anything, and it will pick up the banked points, and free up others still eligible for banking.

Key is that it has to be at least 31 days out so you don’t end up with holding. I’d this is a brand new membership, then it won’t work, or if what you booked took advantage of the home resort booking window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter