• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LMT tickets, MaxPass, & a Large Group

Didi8367

Mouseketeer
I have a MP question that I don't think I've seen asked & answered:

I'll be at DLR next summer with a large group (App. 14 ppl total) comprised of my extended family (my mother, me, my siblings, our spouses & children). Each individual family is planning on buying tickets through LMT, separately. So, I understand that we will have to purchase MP later, after we get inside the gates on Day 1. I also know (or, at least I think) that I can scan everyone's tickets and link us all together in one group so that we can get FPs together.

However, every demo I've seen shows the demonstrator purchasing MP AFTER the group has been created, so that that one person is paying for MP for the entire group. Obviously, one of us doesn't really want to have to put $140 worth of MP on our credit card. So, my question is, can we purchase MP individually (or, just for our immediate spouse & children) BEFORE we link all of our tickets together and create one big group? If so, is the linking procedure still the same?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any/all advice!

Yes you can. When you purchase MP it gives you the chance to select which tickets you want to purchase it for so you can scan everyone’s tickets into your phone ahead of time if you prefer & each time you purchase MP you will select for who

When I did it I had ONE chance to name the tickets: the first time they were scanned into the app no matter the login. If they weren’t named right it was just numbers & you’ll never be able to keep track of whose ticket is whose.

Ah! Ok. Thank you! Yeah, that seems like it would be difficult to have to try to match up numbers with a person!

Last edited:
What's great about the tickets from LMT is you can scan them into your app and name them right away- way before your trip. Some people get confused and think you have to wait until they've been scanned at the gates.

Yep, we just did this last week with a large group. We bought our MaxPass separately and my in-laws bought their separately and we scanned their tickets into my phone so all our ticket were linked. Made doing fastpass selections really easy.

Yep, we just did this last week with a large group. We bought our MaxPass separately and my in-laws bought their separately and we scanned their tickets into my phone so all our ticket were linked. Made doing fastpass selections really easy.

Perfect! Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you. Just to clarify, you scanned paper tickets they gave you when you went through the turnstiles?

We tried to do this, but, for some reason, my friend's MaxPass purchase wouldn't go through. We still don't know why - she tried for twenty minutes standing at the rope before I just bought hers, too. Which I did every day, and she just gave me the money. It was just her and her daughter, though - so just $20/day. A big party would make that difficult.

You probably won't have a problem with this, but just FYI ... we experienced multiple glitches with MP when we were there last week. One day, it "lost" all the names on our tickets and listed all of them as numbers about mid-way through the day. So if you have 14 people you're getting FPs for, you might actually want to have some sort of master list with you that shows maybe the last 4 digits of each person's ticket just in case! Especially if you're splitting up at any point or doing different rides.

You probably won't have a problem with this, but just FYI ... we experienced multiple glitches with MP when we were there last week. One day, it "lost" all the names on our tickets and listed all of them as numbers about mid-way through the day. So if you have 14 people you're getting FPs for, you might actually want to have some sort of master list with you that shows maybe the last 4 digits of each person's ticket just in case! Especially if you're splitting up at any point or doing different rides.

Oh my! Yeah, that would be a bit of a nightmare for us! I will definitely make a list. Thanks for the suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter