Livorno port question

anricat

DIS Veteran
We're planning to use Tuscany Bus to take us to Florence when we dock in Livorno. Basically they are just a round trip bus service and we're going to do Florence on our own (we've been before so we are already somewhat familiar with the city and won't be doing any organized tours because we've pretty much already done all the big sights when we visited there previously).

One question I have is about where the Magic docks. I'm looking at the instructions on the site for the bus service and it says:

To go from the port to the center of Livorno:

There are differents options depending on where your ship docks.The biggest ships MSC, Royal carribbean, NCL ecc arrive in the industrial area and are all linked to the town by shuttle bus service. Once you leave your ship you can purchace your ticket for the shuttle bus on the harbour, the price is usually 5 euro round trip, busses leave every 10 – 15 minutes and the drive is about 10 minutes. The bus drops you off and picks you up in the centre of the city just where all our services leave from. (Via Cogorano).Smaller ships do not necessary need the shuttle, if you are allowed you can easily walk out the port and make your way to the main square of the city.(port assistants will provide you a map)

Is the Magic considered a big ship or a smaller ship? That is, when docked there, did you have to take a shuttle for 5 Euros? Just trying to plan our time table to make sure we arrive at the bus stop to get to Florence on time. Thanks!

When I was on the magic it docked in the industrial area and you had to get the shuttle. I don't think you could have walked it if you wanted to.
All shuttles in Europe with DCL were free that year though.

Thank you! I will budget an extra 30 minutes or so to deal with the shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter