Live Updates from the Disney Magic - Feb 13th-20th

I'm just curious.... if DCL agreed/offered to do all that, what would you expect trip insurance to pay for? Because DCL DOES offer trip insurance that would cover all that, and if someone chooses to decline the trip insurance and doesn't purchase from somewhere else, then they are the ones that are taking a huge risk and would then be liable for the expenses incurred. Does that make sense?

If you don't have trip insurance... you are liable... Disney doesn't HAVE to do anything... read the small print in your cruise contract...

They are very accomodating compared to other cruise companies... you often hear if they have to change ports or such, then they do their best to provide transportation if needed...other lines leave you...

Hi Michelle...Yep we're still here...Lurking in the shadows. Just planned a Mom and Me weekend in March. Can't wait. :cool1:

I KNEW you weren't staying away long...

I guess a 3 night? So... will you have time to take pics??? :rolleyes1 ;) ;)

Just to lighten the spirit on this bad news for thoose on ship and thoose awaiting to get on, I was wondering what the extra show will be in the Walt Disney Theater tonight.

Maybe a 3D version of 'The Poseidon adventure', ???:confused3

I would say Titanic, but they are a bit too South for that...

So do they have another "til we meet again" tonight???

I agree. The people on the magic are getting a bonus day and the people waiting are being taken care of. Seems the people getting the short end if this stick are the terminal workers who will have to handle two ships tomorrow! Going to be a crazy day for them! Since both ships will probably be docking somewhere at PC, at least the crew will probably have the normal time to turn around. Course the ship that doesn't get to dock at the DCL will probably be upset! Yes plenty of headaches for all the staff.

Good questions and points, but *what if* the Wonder/Magic goes to Port Everglades at Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, and they have to bus everyone down as PC is full.

Transportation was provided from the terminal to WDW for those guests who arrived at the terminal expecting to board. Don't know what was done for those who arrived at MCO.

In these situations no one will be fully happy, but DCL will do what it considers reasonable.

I imagine Disney may have made an arrangement with the airport Hyatt, to block off some rooms and put up the incoming cruisers there for the night...we shall see in due time I guess.

Good questions and points, but *what if* the Wonder/Magic goes to Port Everglades at Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, and they have to bus everyone down as PC is full.

Even more of a headache! I believe they had to do that when PC was closed with a hurricane. Yes, the workers are going to have a rough day!

Unfortunately my camera sucks, I really could of gotten a great pic had I had a good camera, and the wonder has moved away now. I guess she might be doing a sea day after all. Well we are presently attempting another go and so far the Magic has gone in and out of the dock area twice. Capt John drives this thing like it was a car I tell ya...So far we are back at the dock, no sucsess so far. The dock workers at CC are so funny. Everytime he pulls away they kinda start getting ready to drive back in their golf carts and then when they see the ship actually pulling back in they scramble back to where the ropes are...:rotfl: They look really nervous. I can see Capt John from my balcony he is on the bridge and that poor man looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders....I will let you guys know if we head out..

I think the best thing disrupted passengers can do is try to bond with each other and see the whole thing as an unexpected adventure. It is so much easier to do this when you don't have young children, but even they can get their heads around a challenge and perhaps even have a lot of fun with it. After all, life itself is always full of detours and such. My experience, years ago on the now-defunct Premier Cruise Lines, was that the passengers did indeed bond over such events. We were supposed to leave on a Saturday afternoon from Baltimore (my home town) for a 7-night New England/Nova Scotia cruise, but the ship did not make it back to our port in time due to bad weather and so we had to be bussed up to New York and left much later at night from that port. All the grumbling eventually changed to oohs and aahs once we realized how cool it was to sail away from the NYC harbor at night. Then we had to switch itineraries due to ocean currents, skip an entire port due to inability to tender, and at one point the ship actually ran out of activities for anyone onboard to do! (you can see why this cruise line is no more.) People like myself who were disappointed to miss the sailing through the C&D canal on the way out, stayed up all through the night on the last day just to see it then, albeit in darkness. All in all, the cruise was quite screwed up, but you know what? I met some of the nicest people on any vacation ever that week, and even made a penpal of the Lido deck manager. <grin> Once people got over the shock of all the changes, they sort of hunkered down into a "we'll make the best of it" attitude, and that made a world of difference. In the end it was a wonderful vacation and quite memorable! :) No, we did not get any kind of compensation (nor did we expect any) but again, this cruise line went out of business very shortly after our trip...

This attempt failed and we are now re-docking at CC. The engines are off and the dock workers are tying her up. We kinda went straight back to the dock kinda rough there. Anyhow I spoke to one of the officers and he explained that the current and wind gust were so powerful we almost ended up in the side rear dock and the rocks. The ships engine "side way" engine was over powered. I can totally see what he was talking about now. The engine you can smell and hear it, it was going full throttle and we moved nothing. Just closer and closer to the dock and the depth marker (the wooden stick coming out of the ocean), when the Capt was trying to head in the opposite direction. ....Ughhh

Authorities said Disney is offering passengers on board the Disney Magic:

Free daily cell phone service to make alternate travel arrangements upon arrival Sunday at the port
A 20 percent discount on a future cruise
Help on board arranging return travel if passengers booked air travel through Walt Disney World

Passengers who were delayed and who will board on Sunday for the now six-day rather than seven-day cruise will be offered:

Free hotel stay Saturday either on or off Disney property, and a free day at Epcot for their entire party
$20 per person on board credit for the meal they would have gotten Saturday night. The credit can be used on the ship when they board.
$100 per stateroom on board credit
A 20 percent refund
Option to cancel cruise without penalty and with full refund

I'm just disappointed to be missing St. Martin, they should let us go there and skip St. Thomas instead! I spoke with the DCL lady and she said they're meeting now to figure out the 6 day schedule. So if you have outside excursions planned you better be prepared to call for changes!

We're on our way to salvage some of the vacation time and check out the pirate dinner show. See you all tomorrow I hope! Any plans on where everyones meeting? Same time and place, different day?

This attempt failed and we are now re-docking at CC. The engines are off and the dock workers are tying her up. We kinda went straight back to the dock kinda rough there. Anyhow I spoke to one of the officers and he explained that the current and wind gust were so powerful we almost ended up in the side rear dock and the rocks. The ships engine "side way" engine was over powered. I can totally see what he was talking about now. The engine you can smell and hear it, it was going full throttle and we moved nothing. Just closer and closer to the dock and the depth marker (the wooden stick coming out of the ocean), when the Capt was trying to head in the opposite direction. ....Ughhh

:scared1:

Authorities said Disney is offering passengers on board the Disney Magic:

Free daily cell phone service to make alternate travel arrangements upon arrival Sunday at the port
A 20 percent discount on a future cruise
Help on board arranging return travel if passengers booked air travel through Walt Disney World

Passengers who were delayed and who will board on Sunday for the now six-day rather than seven-day cruise will be offered:

Free hotel stay Saturday either on or off Disney property, and a free day at Epcot for their entire party
$20 per person on board credit for the meal they would have gotten Saturday night. The credit can be used on the ship when they board.
$100 per stateroom on board credit
A 20 percent refund
Option to cancel cruise without penalty and with full refund

I'm just disappointed to be missing St. Martin, they should let us go there and skip St. Thomas instead! I spoke with the DCL lady and she said they're meeting now to figure out the 6 day schedule. So if you have outside excursions planned you better be prepared to call for changes!

We're on our way to salvage some of the vacation time and check out the pirate dinner show. See you all tomorrow I hope! Any plans on where everyones meeting? Same time and place, different day?

They are really pulling all the stops out, and trying very hard....

Just checked sailwx.info it shows the Magic, Monarch of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas in a linear path out to sea. Now, with that said, it doesn't time stamp the locations for security reasons. However, the Magic is West of Gorda Cay, a.k.a. Castaway Cay and southeast of Grand Bahama Island. Coordinates from that updats are -78 30/ 26 12. Perhpas she is making some headway????

Just checked sailwx.info it shows the Magic, Monarch of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas in a linear path out to sea. Now, with that said, it doesn't time stamp the locations for security reasons. However, the Magic is West of Gorda Cay, a.k.a. Castaway Cay and southeast of Grand Bahama Island. Coordinates from that updats are -78 30/ 26 12. Perhpas she is making some headway????

Above post says redocked......

Believe me she is re-docked. I am sitting here in my balcony and am staring at CC. I wish we were on our way. Passengers are speaking to eachother via-balcony. Too funny we are all out here. So much for my beer tasting activity, My husband said he couldn't miss this. I guess we should be hearing another announcement soon.

As I said, the site doesn't time stamp the post for security reasons, it could have been previous coordinates for their approach to Castaway. I am relying on the folks onboard to keep us updated...

Sounds like DCL is doing everything to help the passengers both on and off the ship. I would be disappointed in missing a night on the ship but satisfied that they were making sure I had a place to stay and something to eat. Is it too late for Le Cellier???!!!

I don't think so. If you scroll down on their web page, you'll see that the last report from the Magic was yesterday at 0900.

Hang in there MickeyMom! You will have some great stories to share for years to come. I am the WORST, most impatient waiter in the entire world so I admire how calm you sound in your posts!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter