Live Trip Report TDL 6/8 Disney) Nastu Matsuri (Summer Festival)

DreamSweetsLove

Loves Mickey
Good morning from Tokyo Disneyland! I arrived just after 6am at the gate. It may sound early but there were already many people here when I arrived, about a little under a hundred it seems. At my gate there are about 4 people )groups, probably their friends will join them!) It's very hot with a clear blue sky! Although now that I'm here I realized strappy platform sandals are not practical to run in... Oh well! It's too late now! I will meet with some friends to watch the new summer show!I will update here and uploading photo's via twitter throughout the day.

If you've never been to a summer event at Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySea you might be wondering what it's like. The them of the event changes from year to year but one thing stays the same and that is that people are ready to get soaked! At Tokyo Disneyland water canons are built into the castle and outer turrets and if that is not enough cast members with hoses are added into the mix to make sure you get soaked! At night, fire cannons that shoot from the turrets shoot fire balls that go higher that the castle. It's incredible to see but a bit warm if you are viewing near the turrets! But that's ok because soon more water will come to cool you down again!

This year's theme at Tokyo Disneyland is Disneu "Natau Matsuri" of Disney's Summer Festival in Japanese. Taiko drums, water, and fire make it a very fun event with Japanese summer festival style as Mickey and his friends hold a summer dance contest!

Apologies in advance for grammar and spelling as I'll be updating by phone.

Ok! Success! About 10 minutes before park open my friend moved me to a better position in line! Our position was front at the gate. :-) So I ran as fast as I could and got in the line for the sitting area because I want to get wet ( it's incredibly hot!!) and because I want to test my new waterproof video camera. My friend opted for a standing position.

As I was running I noticed that CM's are making a much bigger effort to get people to stop running... but really it was an impossible job. So I ran and made it into the line and to the left of me were a bunch of things dropped by guests who were running for a position. I had never seen this before. What I think happens was they had run to the right only to find the queue was on the opposite side so they had to run even faster to make up the lost time running to the other side.

Finally once I made it inside I noticed a second row position behind some small children! Did not expect to be so lucky! Just an hour and a half until showtime!

A little under an hour to go now. It is really really hot...

The kids area is now open and the castle misters are on to cool the children waiting down. Not sure what's going to happen to the seats on front of me but it should still be perfectly ok for video.

20 minutes to go! We've had the 30 minute announcement, people are pulling out DSLRs (very risky for the show). Covers for the DSLRs range from pro covers to plastic bags and plastic wrap! The cast has started warming up the crowd too!

You are hard core. I live about an hour South of the parks and it is HOT! ;-)

Can't wait to hear more about the natsu matsuri!

Ok! My husband has the day off so he decided to buy a day ticket. He is taking a Disney hiatus so he is taking a break from having an annual pass. ;-) we have decided to take it easy for the rest of the day. My friend is not giving up though! (Dedication!!)

We are in like for Restaurant Hokusai now. The is a special summer menu and it comes with Disney Natsu Matsuri souvenir chopsticks!

Lunch at Restaurant Hokusai was really refreshing! Now we are in line for the lottery, about a 30 minute wait. Wish us luck!

Ah, it was a double loss at the lottery. Instead of TDS I'm giving TDL a go again tomorrow. Then on Thursday we will have a private lunch party at one of the banquet halls at Hotel Miracosta. We can take video of TDS's Summer Festival from the balcony that day.

Looks like a thunder and lightning storm so we headed home. Being from FL I love the heat but today was to much. Hopefully the weather is a bit milder tomorrow.

Love the summer events at TDR this year but it has been very busy and not so much time to catch the shows. I7m uploading some videos from the past few days now.

Here is a center view (H section) of Team Donald! The waterproff camera is working out great but when a lot of water gets in the mic. sounds cuts out a little so I have to figure out a way to solve that. Mickey was really great in this show, hope you enjoy!

Disney Natsu Matsuri Team 4, Donald Duck

What people might not realize from the video is that those water cannons are pumping out buckets and buckets of water that are designed specifically to all land on your head if you get a good enough seat. One cannon blast will leave you drenched, and then there are about 30 more to come. Incredible fun.... if it's the last performance of the day.

And please don't tell me to wear a poncho. That's like ..... oh, never mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter