Live from the 12/7 Magic Cruise!

Michelle,

I just have one question. Are the new menus reported on the Wonder on the Magic as well? I want to say that I hope you'll have a wonderful time but since you're on a disney cruise and since you have such a great attitude, that goes without saying! Good wishes anyway,

Lisa

Hi everyone!

We just arrived in Key West and it's cloudy but NOT cold (yea!) :) and we're about to go out and explore the town.

I'll try and answer all the questions quickly:

- NO, unfortunately no new menus on the Magic yet. Our server said they won't have it here until APRIL but I do think they will have new menus earlier than that, based on what I have been told.

I still had a great dinner in Parrot Cay last night though! :)

- We actually didn't get to the port until after boarding had started, so I don't know if they let folks board early or not. The process was pretty quick and painless, as usual. It IS convenient that now when you park at the port they let you park right next to the building (for the Magic cruisers, apparently the Wonder cruisers still park across the street).

- Our servers are Alecksandra, a lovely young woman, and our assistant server is Dragon. Both are great so far! :)

- Shirley, yes, I got your information, THANK YOU! :) I ran into Ann even before our meet and recognized her immediately. :) We also had a great short meet on embarkation afternoon with several other cruise board folks and it was nice to meet and put faces to names. :)

- The only excursion we booked in advance was the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel. Today we're just going to tool around Key West and I'm not sure what we're doing in Grand Cayman (except I am getting a spa treatment at 9:00). :teeth:

- Palo ressies ARE being taken at Rockin' Bar D and that will continue. It is GREAT to be able to do both Palo and spa ressies right after boarding, they start right away.

- The climate on the ship is AWESOME, there were more people at the sailaway party than I've ever seen in past cruises. I think this is a crowd that wants to have fun. :)

Got to run, they're clearing us to go ashore (an hour early!) but I'll check back throughout the cruise and will be happy to answer more questions.

Take care everyone! :)

Thanks for the great report, Michelle! We're glad you are enjoying your cruise!

FYI for everyone: Being able to park in the lot by the terminal has nothing to do with it being a Magic or Wonder cruise. I parked there for both of my recent Wonder cruises. All they tell you if you ask is "<I>Just drive to that lot entrance and see if anyone is there. If so, it is open. If not, you'll need to park across the street</I>."

So go ahead and try if you are a Wonder cruiser and prefer to park there.

Shari

Thanx for taking the time to post and glad you are having a great time making those magical memories! I am so jealous sitting in Md. cold w/lots of snow. It must be extra special w/the ship decorated for Christmas and all the special activities.

Any extra precautions being taken....CM's serving at buffet, etc.?
Hopefully the stem to stern sanitation did the job ^i^
Can't wait till Dec 14 !!!!

Michelle--

Hello from a 11/23 Thanksgiving Cruiser! Just wanted to say that we enjoyed having Aleksandra and Dragan as our servers during our cruise too! Both are extremely nice!!!

Have a Magical cruise!

Jason

Wishing you a MAGICal vacation! Looking forward to your reports throughout the week. Thanks in advance for taking a small part of your vacation time and sharing it with everyone back home!
:D

Hi Michelle!!

Just wanted to say, have a great time!!! I look forward to reading all about your trip.
Donna:)

Thanks Michelle! Hope Key West was awesome.

A few questions - is the deck 9 drink station open? Is it self serve?

How do they handle the late night events, like the dessert buffet? Are they self serve or do CMs have to serve you?

Just mentally mapping my days for next week. Seems like I am thinking of food!

Have a great time.

--Suzanne

Hi Michelle Glad your trip is going well. THat was our server team too on November 9 Magic. Say hello from the Simone Fa,ily. They might remember Kyra Kayla and Baby James.

Michelle is right this is one clean ship! And all I see the crew doing is cleaning more!
The Drink Station has NOT been open, It is covered, I have no idea if they have any intention of reopening it.
The refillable mugs are gone and they are back to the sticker system where you purchase a sticker for your key to the world card for $35.00 and you get unlimited soda's.
I haven't been to any of the late nite events but no where during the day do they let you handle food so I would have to think that will be the same.

Oh I hope the bring back the drink station, or at least have 'free' drinks available on deck 9 somewhere!

Glad to hear all is going well. No reports of illness yet? That is super! I wish I was there with you! I can't believe I have 9 months to wait until I am back on the cruise!!!! I keep telling DH that after New Years we can at least say we are 'going on the cruise this year' (sounds better than saying we are going next year ;) )

Have a Magical Cruise!
Debra

Can't wait for your mini-trip report from Key West! We are thinking of renting one of the cute electric golf carts (Key West Cruisers) and touring the island on our own.

www.keywest.com/keywestcruisers/

I never thought about the refillable soda mugs? Interesting. I like collecting those mugs, too. I drank from mine this morning.

Thanks!
Tina :bounce:
Magic Western 1/18/03

Thanks, Michelle and Alex. Since the drink station is closed, is there any place to get free coffee (other than room service) and iced tea?

WebmasterAlex or any 12/7 cruiser....
Appreciate you taking the time to post all the latest news.
Refillable soda mugs gone??? Does this apply to beer mugs too?
Back to the stickers would be so cool, who wants to drag a mug around collecting germs?? Also, SIL wants to know - can you get beer at dinner on the sticker deal? ;)

They have a sign on the Drink Station basically saying it is out of order and you should call room service during the hours the other places are closed.
I saw one interesting incident, somebody spilled their drink and handed it back to the bartender for a refill and he threw it away and got a fresh cup (it didn't hit the ground) The crew member said they are being very strict.
We just came from Brunch at Palo's. Even there they have people standing by the buffet, you are not allowed to handle food at all untill it is on your plate.
If you haven't thought about brunch at Palo, you seriously should! It's 10 dollars extra but that includes a glass of chamagne and the food is wonderful. All the jumbo shrimp and crab claws, smoked salmon and delicious entree's you can eat. IMHO one of the best meals on the ship.
I did the art of entertaining this morning. It was on deserts and I left about half way threw. They were making fresh fruit with Sabayon which I found a little basic.
Well.. have to get ready for the 2 pm wine tasting!

Thanks Alex, but being someone who drinks iced tea during nearly every waking moment (except for <I>a lot</I> of morning coffee), I foresee my room service charges (tips) to get VERY expensive!

I do understand the situation though.

what they did on the Wonder , since the drink station was closed is they had topsiders open so u could go in and get coffee, drinks and cookies in there and u where served by Cm , was wierd going threw Buffet line with some one else serving food for u
did not have the same affect u could not just pick a little of this and a little of that .... peter

What are the current movies on the ship? We are on 12/14 and looking forward to vegging out at a couple of good movies! :p Are they expecting any premears next week? Find out the scoop and let us in on it, okay??:D :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter