"Live" from OKW......

ncligs

Registered
Just getting caught up on e-mails
pcangry.gif
so I figured to check the DVC site.
Our direct flight from Pittsburgh was about a 1/2 hr late taking off.
We checked into OKW on friday (1:00 pm) and the closests we could get to the HH was building 26 top floor,right across the bridge and HH.We requested 11 months out(Non-smoking,top floor, bldgs 11-14) but even if we would have waited longer (to 4:00) they said the resort was sold out and had no chance to get bldgs 11-14 .It is our first time in this area, and it is very nice, and still close to the HH.
The weather has been perfect(friday 78,sat 80,sun 78,rain at nite,mon 73) and sunny. On saturday we went to Universal(niece has never been there) and there was hardly any waits at any of the attractions.Never even had to use "express pass".
Our DD16 and niece(15) have been swimming
splat.gif
every day. We went over to the Boardwalk on Saturday night and it was packed with people.
We have been on a few boat rides to PI.Tomorrow morning(tues) we are heading over to MGM(early entry ;) )
I am glad we missed the 10-14 inches of snow
kyleico.gif
back in Ohio.The next 2 days are supposed to be 70-77 and sunny also.
We leave thursday at 1:30 pm.So we will suck up all the sun we can for the next 2 days before we get back to reality :mad:
I know this report isn't very detailed(not enough time), but I will complete it more when we get back on thursday.

P.S. Gail, there was somebody smoking
Smoker.gif
in front of our building(outside), I called the OKW police and she was taken away in "handcuffs" :p

I'm really glad to hear you are having a great time but....just shoot me now. I can't take much more of this snow!!! The plow just left a pile about 5 feet high and 5 feet deep in my driveway. Thank goodness my neighbor helped out with his snow blower. My snow shovel has even broken I've been digging so much today. :(

Now, what was that? 78, 80 and sunny at OKW? What am I doing here? ;) ;) ;) PLEASE have a great trip and think of me....and all the other snowed in DVC'ers.

I'm in Ohio enjoying the 8 inches of snow we just got! Enjoy that sunshine in Florida! Wish I was there! :(

Glad you are having a wonderful time and thanks for checking in!

I'm really happy to hear you had hardly any waits at Universal!!!!

Thanks for checking in and using your smilies! They are the only things making me smile with two feet of snow outside my door!:p

Nick & Cindy - have a WONDERFUL time!! So glad you FINALLY made it!!

We're slated to have BEAUTIFUL weather for the next few days - special ordered just for you guys!!

I didn't really pay any attention to who was posting --- just enjoyed reading about being at Disney. THEN, I come to the smoking comment and immediately guessed (correctly) who it was. Your reputation preceeds you!

Hope you're having a great time. Just came in from snowblowing 16" out of my drive and know there will be more in the AM.

ncligs, have a great time. Think of us back here in Ohio digging out of the 12 inches of snow. Perhaps you'll want to stop by the public stockades where the smoker was taken in handcuffs and talk to them about the error of thier ways.....

Nick,
Hey, thanks for "catching us up." :) Glad the weather is treating you well and I bet you are sorry you missed the "fun" up north.

P.S. Gail, there was somebody smoking in front of our building(outside), I called the OKW police and she were taken away in "handcuffs"

I promised to wait until you got back!!!! We were in bldg. 25 a couple of weeks ago and loved it.

Went to the DVC members update meeting this morning at OKW,nothing major brought up. I asked if the next DVC members cruise will have more notice :mad: and they said it would(at least 6 months).They said it was a complete success(sold over 16,000 or 160,000,not sure which one he said, add-on pts), I think they DVC likes to have a "captive audience";) so I look for another DVC cruise in the near future.
The weather here has been perfect, always between 70-80 during the day,and sunny.We had breakfast at Olivias on Monday with Kathy and Larry(Tifanny123) from Columbus,Oh.It was nice to see fellow buckeyes at OKW
biggrin.gif
The resort is 100% sold out this week.The pool has not been that crowded,I guess everybody is at the parks during the day.

Anniet
I hope you got some of the snow cleared from your door, and your PM's cleared up.
crap.gif

Captain Midnight,
I hope the snow in Ohio is partly melted by thursday night when we get back.
ani_smiles.gif

PamOKW,
We are thinking of you;) , and glad we are here instead of Ohio.

Beth,ILuvDVC,and Kda,
Thanks for the posts.

Gail, Buliding 26 is VERY nice!!!
smokin.gif

Nick & Cindy, when you leave on Thursday, please leave a little bit of that nice weather for us in a box at the check in desk, we'll be there in just a few days.

Hope all goes well for the rest of your trip and the flight back gets you home safe.

Originally posted by yesdisneyfool
Nick & Cindy, when you leave on Thursday, please leave a little bit of that nice weather for us in a box at the check in desk, we'll be there in just a few days.

Could you take maybe a few degrees though and FEDEX them to Boston?

I couldn't clear the snow from my door this morning, ncligs, because I left my shovel outside of my door and one of my wonderful neighbors in my complex took it and didn't return it.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Luckily two very nice men saw me clearing off my car and offered to shovel me out.:)

The pm box is free and clear, so feel free anyone to pm me again!

Nick and Cindy.Great to hear from you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.Have a safe trip back home.:)

The one area we have never stayed in is the 11-14 bldgs. When my sister bought five or six years ago, she had a two bedroom...bldg 12, I think. The one problem with that area was the parking. People going to the HH would park in their lot. Sometimes it was a real hassle.

If I was forced to pick an area as my favorite, it would be those bldgs that you are in. That little cul de sac is perfect. only a short walk over the bridge and you are at the HH, the parking is fine, once you pull into OKW, its very close, and its not to close to any roads.

This is still a real good time to be there. The crowds are not there and the weather is not blistering.....you could get a cold a rainy day, but I would risk that rather than sweltering heat and humidity any time at all.

Have fun

It's great you are having such a good time and warm weather. After finally digging out from the 20 inches of snow we got on Sun. & Mon., Florida sounds great. Sorry you will have to be leaving so soon. Try to bottle some of that sunshine and warmth to bring back with you.

Cindy&Nick-
Wish I was there! I am glad to hear the weather is cooperating. The great thaw is supposed to begin this week as the weather peaks at 40-break out the shorts!!

I am not surprised that OKW is at 100%: is is "President's week" here in New York, where the kids are off from school not only for one day but the whole week. we stayed in Bldg. 26 2 yrs ago, this very week. It is my favorite spot. Scenic-golf view and just over the bridge. Although I have never stayed in 11-14 I always thought that parking would be an issue and that it was too close to the entrance. I want to be "inside" the resort. Over the bridge feels more like in OKW to me.

Anyway, don't rush home and have a great trip.

with 2 plus feet of snow at my home on the cape, I have resorted to surfing the disney boards..... we are going in May and it can not come soon enough....enjoy.

Nick Where are you smilieman? Have a safe trip home. Looking forward for your trip report.

smiliehero.gif

Well we got back thursday night around 5:00 in Ohio.:( I will post a separate trip report. But to reply to a few of the above posts from this thread.

Rich and Nezy
You are right about Building 26 being "very good".It is right over the bridge and very convenient to the HH.We also go every year at this time(Presidents week).It is a perfect time to go.
biggthumpup.gif

Yesdisneyfool,
Make sure you ask for the box at "check in".We left you some "great weather" also.;)

Mike and Maistre Gracey,
We had a great time and flights home were "un-eventfull" and on time.
biggrinbounce2.gif

twinmomplus2,
May will be here before you know it.:cool:

sumessefui,
We "bottled up" some sunshine and "Fed Ex'ed" it to you.
wink.gif

Glad you had a great time, while I was sitting here in 3ft of snow!!;)
Wish I was there too. Hope you soked up some sun for me!!:sunny:

Glad you got home safe:D !!! I can't wait to read your trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter