live from Disney Magic Feb 14th -- Almost Emergency

Thanks Woody. I'm not the type that confronts anyone but as I stood there trying to decide whether to say anything I knew I would regret it if I didn't step up. There's been so many times in my life that I wish I had confronted someone that was doing something wrong and instead I walked away.

I just say, "Get over it."

You did fine by me.

Woody

I am proud of you! I know how you felt, I have wished I spoke up so many times. I stood my ground at the parade last week at MK because I had 6 kids with me and adults were trying to crowd them out. A young Mom with me said she never could have done that and I told her yes you can when you are a grandma! By the way, we had been there for 40 minutes and they tried to walk right up...

Did the man back down after you said that? I hope so.

I also think Disney did a great job with this incident. Things were pretty back to normal on Thursday night considering things could have been much worse. I'm sure Disney will continue to do fireworks this week.

I also think Disney did a great job with this incident. Things were pretty back to normal on Thursday night considering things could have been much worse. I'm sure Disney will continue to do fireworks this week.

Hi i'm glad everyone's ok! hey we might be neighbors i'm from corona too!:cool1:

I've been a firefighter for about 22 years now both as a vol. and paid. On our last trip, A western in march of last year I stumbled upon a fire drill practice in progress.
After watching and taking a few pictures, I approached the leader of the group with a few questions, She was very nice and answered them all. We talked for about an hour about our shared interest.

They really do have their stuff together!! I was even able to help with some equipment questions and problems they were having after getting some new equipment to train with and use.

We were on deck 10 during the misfire as well - watched it go right down the side of the ship and heard the calls. The next day they got on the "intercom" and explained what happened - that everything was fine, etc. Pikey also noted it during something we attended that day. I'm sure they mentioned it in other activities. Just to be sure no one was left wondering or thinking that they covered something up. I'm glad it was all taken care of so quickly and efficiently.

We were also on deck #10, but forward. We saw the one firework appear to go down the starboard side of the ship, but thought, and continue to think, that everything was handled very well. We had Palo brunch the next day (Thursday) and it did go on as scheduled. Yes, Capt. Tom was on the ship, and required a fire drill later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter