Little OT, Joining Interval International?

chris1gill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi There,

Does anyone know anything about joining Interval International? What the benefits & costs are?

Thanks!

I am not sure I understand your question. Could you state it differently? Interval Internationl is a timeshare group for timeshare exchange that we as owners of DVC have access to.

Disneydiane

Unless you own a non-DVC Timeshare which is affiliated with II, there is no benefit to a membership. With DVC, the II membership is held by DVC and all exchanges are handled by BVTC- the branch of Disney which deals with trade arrangements (we reach them thru MS).
I own some other timeshares, but have a membership with RCI- not II. RCI is about $100 per year and $124 per exchange. I assume II is similar.

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

As Doc said, you don't need an II membership unless you have other non-DVC but II affiliated timeshares. Fees are a little less than RCI, and the annual fee can be reduced by renewing for multiple years. One of the biggest benefits (other than exchanges) is their getaway vacations. Timeshares in their inventory that are not used for exchanges can be purchased, usually at a very reasonable cost. Sometimes you can get some very good deals at some very good resorts.

We belong to both II & RCI because we own other timeshares that are affiliated with each. By contrast, DVC's members are not able to join unless they own some other timeshare. For whatever reason, DVC chose to contract with II as a corporate member rather than permit members to pay for their own individual memberships with II. While this eliminates the annual membership fee and reduces your exchange fee, it also eliminates the option for an individual membership.

If you own another timeshare that is affiliated with II, you may join as an individual. Annual dues are about $75 per year. Members have access to additional rental weeks of "surplus" inventory (weeks that are not likely to fill an exchange request or weeks that were given/sold to II by timeshare developers). These vary from $199-$649 for a week, depending on size and desirability of the unit/resort/location/time. There are also other travel services available, similar to those offered by DVC Member Services (air, car, etc.).

We really like having our exchange company memberships. It's a shame DVC & II don't have a contract to permit it.

To further emphasize Lisa P.'s information. There are many benefits to II membership over those that DVC offers. The ability to trade up in unit size (studio for 1 BR), bonus weeks, travel specials (II is usually cheapest), and purchasing getaways. And to me the ability to look at all II resorts, not just the ones DVC says is ok. That doesn't mean there aren't other restrictions, there are many times, just not as much as DVC places.

You cannot join II unless you own a timeshare that is affiliated with them. DVC doesn't count because of the contractual arrangements between DVC and II.

Dean

Thanks everyone!! You guys explained it better than most would!! It was their getaway program I was interested in, but we only own DVC so guess we don't qualify!! It was worth asking!

Buy an inexpensive timeshare and use it for exchanging. If you use the service enough and can travel off season, the yearly membership fees might be worth it.

Dean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter