Little ones and Shoes in the Parks

morganms22

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to mention on here for any other parents with little ones that might be visiting. Our daughter recently started walking and she threw off her shoes while we were taking a break at the park. She stood up and cast member came by yelling over to us in passing that she must have shoes on. Of course, we quickly put her shoes back on (we were about to anyways..it just all happened so fast as you know how kids are!)

Just wanted to mention it so parents with kids still in that baby almost toddler phase are aware.

Just wanted to mention on here for any other parents with little ones that might be visiting. Our daughter recently started walking and she threw off her shoes while we were taking a break at the park. She stood up and cast member came by yelling over to us in passing that she must have shoes on. Of course, we quickly put her shoes back on (we were about to anyways..it just all happened so fast as you know how kids are!)

Just wanted to mention it so parents with kids still in that baby almost toddler phase are aware.
This is good to know, we live in Hawaii and my 13 month old NEVER wears shoes. Looks like we may need to start some practice wearing for our December trip!

At Disneyland several years ago, I was there with my best friend. We were celebrating her boys' birthdays (turning 3 and 1). The baby was not walking yet (hers both walked at 14-15 months) so he did not have shoes or socks on (it was late August and hot). At one ride, she was told he could not go unless he had something on his feet (either shoes or socks). She did have socks handy so she stuck those on him. We had never heard that one before. So definitely practice having things on the feet before going.

Can't imagine anyone letting their 'littles' walk around in public places with no shoes on anyway. I would think it was a safety issue in more ways than one. Have actually seen mothers let their children, not only walk, but crawl on public restroom floors! :sad2: At home, sure, my children never wore shoes in summer, nor indoors in winter - in public, always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter