Liquid on my laptop! Can it be saved?

npmommie

<font color=red>Channels George Michael in her car
Happened last night now it won't turn on. It was a small amt I dried it and it worked but I plugged in the charger and it wouldn't keep charging now it won't turn on!

Happened last night now it won't turn on. It was a small amt I dried it and it worked but I plugged in the charger and it wouldn't keep charging now it won't turn on!

I spilled water on my laptop earlier this year. Immediately, within seconds turned it over, took out the battery and unplugged it.

I took it to the local repair shop that day who dried it out and returned it to me for about $40. Well worth the peace of mind that they would dry it and do it right. They said they sprayed some anticorrosive stuff in the inside :confused3 too.

When you spilled stuff on it, you should have immediately pulled all power to the notebook.

I spilled water indirectly on one, and it didn't actually hurt it at all. It dried out and I turned it back on and it was fine.

I spilled a glass of wine on another one, it broke the hard drive.

When water is spilled on electronics, the key is getting the battery OUT and NOT connecting it to any type of charger until it is absolutely positively fully and completely dry.

It can take more than a day or two to fully dry out.

Trying to power it up before it is fully dry will short out the circuitry and ruin it.

Your best bet is to have it looked at by a professional to avoid any further damage, and find out if it is salvageable.

Ok i took it apart and made sure it was dried out. Took the battery out, and it powered back on. We have decided to not use it for a few days and i may have it looked at too.
Thanks!

I spilled this Posion Ivy liquid (prescribed from Doctor) all over my lap top this past summer, a couple of keys never came back

anyone tried the rice trick on a laptop? i cant imagine it in rice...

Yeah I did. My DD5 decided to put gum on my Macbook screen. Then she tried to clean it off by pouring a bottle of water on it. Then she knew she would be in trouble, so she closed the lid......

I buried it in rice for four days, works like a champ. My only flaw was not taking out the battery, so now it has to stay plugged in at all times. Other than that, good as new.....

Same exact thing happened to mine last year... I ruined it by trying to start it again. My hard drive is ok, but my battery port is ruined. I ended up buying a new one, but wonder if I couldnt fix mine. I actually have 2 of the same exact laptops.. one with a blown hard drive and 1 with a bad battery port but good hard drive

Unfortunately probably not because you turned it on too soon/didn't let it dry. Yes they are saveable when water gets on them but you MUST take out the battery and let it fully dry (putting it in dry rice really helps as it is a natural desiccant).

My best friend is a computer tech and he has pounded into my head if any electronics get wet you turn them off/remove batteries and let them dry 100% before turning them on. Generally they are fine if you let them dry. I know someone that just got water (quite a bit) on a brand new laptop. Turned it off, took out the battery and let it dry out in rice for 2 days..works 100% fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter