Lines during EMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

SorryI'mNotSorry

The human world... it's a mess.
So, this came up during our trip in January, and now I'm pondering it again since we're planning another trip. I understand that they don't open the FP line during EMH, but why no DAS return times during EMH? If MK is open from say 11pm-1am, that's two hours of attractions that I could really use a DAS return time for. I realize that the idea is that EMH have shorter lines and less need for Fps, but still, even "short" lines are issues for some people. Even when the line has only been 15-20 minutes, I've left my wife in line and excused myself the entire way back out of the line, and then came back in when she texted she was near the front. Sometimes I can wait 30 minutes. Sometimes I make it about 7. And there's no way to tell before entering the line, so I just try it and see how it goes. And if I do have to back out, while I try to tell apologize and excuse myself, I still get the stink faces for "cutting" back in line.

*Side note- this "help only available during regular park hours" thing has sort of become a running joke between my wife and I ever since. (Hey, gotta laugh to keep from crying sometimes, right? :tongue:) Oftentimes I can "talk myself down" from an anxiety attack when I can feel one starting, and my wife has gotten very good at recognizing my face/breathing and body language and will sometimes also try to talk me back. Now she says things like "Hey, it's midnight, the parks aren't even open! You can only have a panic attack during regular park hours!". :rotfl2:

Soooo... what say you? Could they make an adaptation for EMHs for people who need the DAS? Has anyone ever written GS and suggested it? I'm considering it but don't wondering what ya'll thought first. Do you feel like this would be something enough people would utilize?

I have always been able to get a DAS return time doing EMH except one time, the CM said we do not give out DAS return time during EMH, I looked at him and said oh yeh My disability goes away doing EMH just like people in wheel chair can walk during EMH. I started to walk away and he stoped me and scanned my band and told me when my return time was.

I have heard on here people having problem getting DAS return time during EMH, I do not know why I have not beside one time, but I do agree the DAS is a one size fits all and that is not a good thing at all.

I have always been able to get a DAS return time doing EMH except one time, the CM said we do not give out DAS return time during EMH, I looked at him and said oh yeh My disability goes away doing EMH just like people in wheel chair can walk during EMH. I started to walk away and he stoped me and scanned my band and told me when my return time was.

I have heard on here people having problem getting DAS return time during EMH, I do not know why I have not beside one time, but I do agree the DAS is a one size fits all and that is not a good thing at all.

If the FP+ queue is not open during EMH, how do you access the DAS accommodation?

Fp lines can be 15-20 minutes. Not often but it does happen. Das and fp is not intended to be fotl.
The lines are typically shorter during emh. I have never gone all the way through evening magic hours (thanks kids) but my experience earlier in the time of the evening magic hours is that the lines move faster and are shorter

If the FP+ queue is not open during EMH, how do you access the DAS accommodation?
They still give out rider swap passes for rides during EMH.

and I have used it for Peter Pan before this was a few years a go I know I got a return time and came back pretty sire I went thought the FP line like normal and a CM was standing t the merge point and stoped every one and let me in, normally by Evening EMH I am done for the day and will just walk about soaking up the atmosphere waiting for the crowds at the buss get shorter so I do not do may rides

morning EMH I normally go to 7DMT where I have never had any problems beside one time I got there a little before 7 ( they opened the park early this morning and the CM had a problem with scanning my pend she realized it was like 5 minutes till 8 and said the scanner would not come on until 8am ( this was maybe a year or a year and half ago) she Gove me a rider swap card and said to come back when I wanted to ride)

but like I said before I have never had a problem beside that one time. If some one does have a problem with how Disney is doing things then they are more then welcome to write a letter or go and talk to the CM at GR about it, but I do find a good number of rides to have a short wait bering EMH and the ones that do not do rider swap ands the FP line is open for this during EMH

Last edited:
They still give out rider swap passes for rides during EMH.

and I have used it for Peter Pan before this was a few years a go I know I got a return time and came back pretty sire I went thought the FP line like normal and a CM was standing t the merge point and stoped every one and let me in, normally by Evening EMH I am done for the day and will just walk about soaking up the atmosphere waiting for the crowds at the buss get shorter so I do not do may rides

morning EMH I normally go to 7DMT where I have never had any problems beside one time I got there a little before 7 ( they opened the park early this morning and the CM had a problem with scanning my pend she realized it was like 5 minutes till 8 and said the scanner would not come on until 8am ( this was maybe a year or a year and half ago) she Gove me a rider swap card and said to come back when I wanted to ride)

but like I said before I have never had a problem beside that one time. If some one does have a problem with how Disney is doing things then they are more then welcome to write a letter or go and talk to the CM at GR about it, but I do find a good number of rides to have a short wait bering EMH and the ones that do not do rider swap ands the FP line is open for this during EMH

Does all this mean that you got to access the FP+ queue? What has that got to do with rider swap, BTW?

I would count on NOT being able to use DAS during either EMH or any of the parties.
You can ask, but be prepared to be told it is not in use; other then a very few posters who have said they used it, the vast majority of people have reported being told it was not in use.

The general rule for DAS is that a line needs to have both a Fastpass line and a Standby line. The Standby wait time is where the CMs get the DAS Return Time. Even during regular park hours, DAS Return Times are not given if the wait in line is less than 20 Minutes. During parties and EMHs, waits are usually going to be 20 Minutes or less for most attractions.
And, if only one line is operating, there is no mechanism/pathway to bring guests past others in line to get into the attraction. The 'thrill type' rides with height restrictions do still do Rider swap during EMH and parties. That doesn't include many attractions; at MK it would include Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. If the wait is very short, even got those attractions, they may not give Rider swap tickets.

There are a couple of other exceptions - mostly attractions like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Jungle Cruise at WDW and Spaceship Earth at Epcot where the regular line is not accessible and they give out return time tickets to guests with mobility devices at all times.
I have also heard of return time tickets being given out at 7 Dwarfs Mine Train when the waits are very long during the parties or EMH.

rider swap and DAS and FP all use the same lines and I we have gone over this before, It was not a walk on the CM at the merge point would said something like I will be with you in a few minutes and I would wait there any where form 1 minute to 5 the CM would then stop the line ask me if I had a card I would say no I have a DAS return time and I would tuch my band to the Micky and go in from this point the line was the same as when you go during any other time it was about a 10 minute wait. the only difference is that for lines like for 7 DMT and TT space mountain ( the lines that normally are a 30 to 45 minute wait even for EMH) I would wait out side the line for what ever the wait time was - 10 minutes did it mean some times I waited a shorter amount of time yes some times I did but some time I waited longer, just like during the day some times your wait is shorter and some times it is longer.

Us going back and forth about me using the DAS card during EMH is not going help the OP yes I have use it. It works just the same as during none EMH, I wait just the same amount of time when I am in the line as I do when it is not EMH. If the OP feel like they would like to write Disney because they were told they could not use the DAS during EMH then I would say go for it do it write Disney what you would like. I have only had one time that they said could not use my DAS then they changed there minds, I know each time I go to Disney things could change, they could say I do not need a DAS they could say the DAS is not going to work for this ( going to Pandora tomorrow and I do not expect any accommodation there, so I am doing this so that I can ride FOP will I have problems if I am waiting in a line for 30 or so minutes, Yep is it worth the problems for me yep. will I have to find a quiet place to have a melt down more then likely.) I may decide to write to Disney tomorrow and talk about letting people that use the DAS card use it for preview and just like the OP It will be my chose to do so.

I would enjoy your tips to Disney and not worry about what kinds of accommodation other people are getting in the end you will get on what ever ride, see what ever show you just may have to wait one more ride car, you may not get that front and center set, but you may have given it up to some one that has had a really bad day or a make a wish kids that might not make it home alive ( it has happened) and some times wait longer brings Pixie dust to you.

As SueM stated, the standard is that there has to be both Standby and FP+ lines to use DAS. Regardless of anyone's individual experience, I would not expect to have DAS available at attractions or during times that the FP+ line is not in use. The vast majority of reports here indicate this is the standard.

The OP is welcome to contact WDW directly with feedback about the DAS system, and suggestions for improvement. We're not going to argue this point further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter