Line cutters are all over the place!

Mish19

<font color=magenta>Dared to light another candle!
Over on the Theme Parks and Attractions board (I think) there was a big thread on line cutters at WDW, and what happened to me today at my local Costco made me feel like line cutters are all over the place!
I had just returned a whole bunch of soda cans for the deposit refund and had to go to customer service to get the money for them. There were two people in front of me returning stuff (No problem at all). One woman had finished up her business and the next couple were being helped. The woman who had left realized there was something "wrong" with her refund and decided it was ok to go in front of me because "she was just helped". Now I was the next and last person on the line and my transaction would have taken maybe 2 minutes. I did not say whether I would let her go in front of me but I was blocked when the cashier asked for the next person so I could not take my rightful position as next. The cutter did not care, the cutter did not hurry with her questions, she in fact, asked multiple questions after her initial questions were answered. I was standing there trying to weigh both sides to this situation (yes enough time was passing so I could do that) and decided I would tell her (politely) what I thought of her and her actions. After she had finally finished I turned to her and told her that I thought her cutting was rude and inconsiderate and she was selfish. SHe laughed and I told her that she was again showing how rude she was by not caring. She finally stopped smirking and just walked away as I was loudly discussing this womans rudeness with the cashier.
I just don't get it, once your transaction is done and you leave the line for a minute should you automatically feel "it's ok to cut because the cashier just helped me"? My refund would not have taken long, there was no one in back of me, I just felt upset that this woman felt she could do that. She could've atleast asked me if I minded, but she didn't.
Ok, thanks for listening....other than that I had a nice time shopping!

Line cutters also infuriate me. You know these same people are the drivers who never merge when they are supposed to, but try to cut in when they are practically driving on the shoulder.

Wow you spoke up!!!

I always wish I had the nerve to say some thing when people are inconsiderate!! You've got guts!

Makes me think of my trip to the market today. Small place with 1 bottle return machine. A guy with 3 shopping carts FULL of bottles is there taking his time. I know he was there first and all but 3 carts!!! 1 machine!!!! I finally pointed this out to the manager, not to get the guy in troulbe, but I didn't have all day and I thought maybe they could do it by hand. Well the manager walked up and kicked him out (I was 1 of 4 people waiting). Then I felt like such a tattle tale! yuck, the whole experience was crumby and all I wanted to do was return a bag of cans!!!!

My neighborhood has small grocery stores. The women around here think it's OK to give one item to the casher to hold, walk away and finish shopping for another 5 or 10 minutes, come back with an entire basket of items, and then get in front of the line because the cashier was "holding" something for them. Obviously, they should get to the end of the line, wait their turn and then get the item from the cashier.

I was once in a rush and said told the cashier in no uncertain terms that no one was getting in front of me. The dirty look I got should have burned a hole into my head.

My sister Mish19 would know exactly what I would have done in her spot. I would have given the cutter a dose of the "Ice King" .

Swamp Fox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter