Liki Tiki Villiage formerly Isle of Bali, any info?

idontknow

DIS Veteran
I just got an email from Goldpoints about Liki Tiki Villiage. They say we can stay 3 nights AND get 2 USF tickets for $229. This is for a one bedroom villa. Does anyone have any info on this property?

I've looked at their info and then did a web search for Navigo vacations and did find a little info, but not enough to satisfy my curiosity. Not many pics, only printed info. This makes me really wonder about the property. It is formerly the Isle of Bali and from what I have read is more of a timeshare deal. I do not want to sit thru a timeshare presentation, though. We already have ressies for the Amerisuites, but I have read some info saying that the swimming pool is not as great as they claim. (It's the Amerisuites next to CI&S at Calypso Cay) We have the Entertainment rate of $49, so the LTV deal would be about $80 more. What we really want is a great pool to relax and have fun at. If we had a kitchen, that would save the difference in money, though. (not that I want to cook, but we could shift funds around and if the pool at LTV is really "all that", then it would be worth it for us) Any ideas?

I just did a search on Expedia and it says that this property is formerly Ron Jon's. Now I'm really confused...........;) The going rate thru Expedia is $82 a night.

Isle of Bali changed management (from Island One to Ron Jon) and the name was changed to Ron Jon's. It sounds as if part or all of it has again been moved under new management, from your post. That would explain why you have seen it listed under both previous names, Isle of Bali and Ron Jon.

This is a timeshare property. If you don't want to sit through a timeshare sales pitch, make sure this is not a stipulation as part of the rental price you're paying. Many timeshare resorts offer a rock-bottom rental price if you DO listen to their 3-hour "90 minute" spiel. Then they may also offer a discounted regular rental rate as part of a short vacation incentive to just stay there (and they hope, see it and want to buy it). Then there are the published rack rates. If you accept a discounted rate that is dependent upon your listening to their sales pitch, and you don't fulfill the commitment to sit through it, they then have the right to charge your credit card full rack rate. This is true of any resort property. I've never heard of this actually happening since everyone reports that they did the sales pitch, if that's the deal they accepted.

I have not stayed at this resort but others report mostly enjoyable stays. Some parts of the resort are older, some newer. The pool area is supposed to be especially nice for young children, like under 9 or 10. Hope that helps.

My sister stayed there about 1 1/2 years ago...I dropped by and it was quite nice...I even think she had one of the older condos...She raved about the pool and she thought the accomodations were nice...She did sit through a presentation by choice to get free Sea World tickets....I would definately check to make sure that the price was contingent upon listening to a presentation if you are not up for it...

Thanks for your input and explination of the resort. Goldpoints is usually pretty good, but I didn't see anything about timeshare info. That is what really makes me wonder. I do not want to get down there and then be told that we have to sit thru a timeshare presentation. DS is 12, so if the pool is REALLY nice for the 10 and under crowd, it might be too kiddish for him. (although, he still seems to be at the age where nothing is too kiddish for him) We really like the Amerisuites chain, so maybe we should just stick with that and check out the LTV while we are there for another trip.

We just stayed at the Ron Jon resort now known as the Liki Tiki June8-16. We loved it! We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo with a complete kitchen, our own seperate bedroom with a TV and a washer and dryer in the room. The pool area had 1 big tube slide and 5 smaller slides. My dd age 6 and even I loved it. We used the Orlando magic card and got a rate of $69 per night, but that was low season rate. I would love to stay there again. My only complaint was it seeems the walls were thin, you sould hear everytime the neighbor's baby cried. If you choose to stay here ask for building 700, 800 or 900 as there are right by the pool area.

We just stayed at the Ron Jon resort now known as the Liki Tiki June8-16. We loved it! We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo with a complete kitchen, our own seperate bedroom with a TV and a washer and dryer in the room. The pool area had 1 big tube slide and 4 smaller slides. My dd age 6 and even I loved it. We used the Orlando magic card and got a rate of $69 per night, but that was low season rate. I would love to stay there again. My only complaint was it seeems the walls were thin, you could hear everytime the neighbor's baby cried. If you choose to stay here ask for building 700, 800 or 900 as they are right by the pool area.

Thanks nlbb4! Can you tell us anymore about the place? Did you have to do a timeshare with that rate? Were dishes and things like that in the room? How was the pool? They really push the pool on their website, but only have one pic and it looks wonderful, but you know how pics can be. ;) Is it fun for adults or just for kids? How big is it? Anything else you can tell us would be great!

Hi!
No we did not have to do a timeshare tour with this rate. Just call their reservations and ask for the Orlando magic card rate. They didn't even ask to see my Orlando magic card on checkin. There were 4 of everything in the kitchen: plates, bowls, silverware. There were also some pots and pans to cook with. There was a small sample of dishwasher detergent but we had to buy more. They give your 4 towels for the week and midweek on Weds I believe they exchange your towels fo you. This is what we used the washer and dryer for to wash towels every day. The pool was wonderful! It was a zero depth entry wave pool with the waterslides. As an adult even I liked the pool and waterslides. We stayed in the 1000 building across the parking lot from the pool, a little further away but still walking distance. They also had a nice playground and they had entertainment at the bar area everyday by the pool. I would highly recommend this place, in fact if we go back to Disney I will stay here again. The drive to Disney is about 7 miles or 15-20 minutes but we never minded and we have a dd age 6 and a ds age 19 months. If any further questions you could even e-mail me if you'd like at nlbb4@hotmail.com.

Thanks for the details! It sounds like a pretty nice place. I like the rate you got better than the goldpoints rate. We also would not have to stay the 3 night minimum if we could get the OMC rate. The USF tickets would be nice, but I don't know what we are planning to do other than relax. That is why I am looking for the really good pools. LOL With the washer and dryer, I'd rather stay towards the end of our visit so I could go home with clean clothes and not have to do them when we get back. Now, to see how I can arrange our schedule.................thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter