Lights! Motor! Asian?--Feb 2010 Part II. 11/6-Pix, part 2. Page 199.

Yeah, Derek was the same way when we first talked about meeting our "imaginary friends" in person earlier this year. :eek: But since then, I think he's warmed up to the fact that they're just great down to earth people and now are amongst those we consider friends... but I guess better safe than sorry in the beginning... ha ha ha ha. (reminder... gotta sharpen my axe....)

Had to laugh at the reference to ax sharpening! I let my ax get rusty. :eek:

I just wanted to chime in with my support too. I appreciate you and Derek keeping us updated on Jordan. I am amazed at what Jordan is doing. Jordan and your family and my other "imaginary" DIS friends and families have a special place in my heart! :grouphug:

Wendy, Thanks so much for the updates. It's crazy how much I miss Jordan's presence on the DIS, but I'm completely understanding of his need to take care of himself. I pray for him every day!

Your Christmas card is FANTASTIC! What a beautiful family. Thanks again for sharing!

Love the Christmas Card, Wendy! The kids are getting so big. Look at Dylan, he is so handsome and look how beautiful Erin and Ashlyn are. Time really flys. I am glad Jordan is doing well and Tell him we miss him. I went to Disney last week and took a picture in front of the Chinese Laundry Mat for him at Hollywood Studios. I hope you and Derick are doing well also. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! :hug:

Derek & Wendy, thank so much for the update. It is understandable that Jordan can't always answer cards, letters, and/or update himself. So glad that he has such great family and friends to help him through all of this.

Have a Blessed Christmas and New Year!

Nice to hear about Jordan and his ongoing process. Thanks for letting us in on a bit of his world. Love the picture, Wendy- your kids are ever so cute!

Hi Rosie - as Derek said, we'll see about Peepfest... but it would be nice to celebrate in some way with whoever can make it if we can all manage. Even for us, we'll have to see what happens with finances over the next 18 months, but we can always "plan"... but we'll see what our bank accounts say (ours and Jordan's). We may have to delay Peepfest a year or two but we'll keep you posted. For now, it's still a nice dream to have and we'll see if it becomes a reality... to reference the DCL ships... We can WONDER :rolleyes1 if it's just a FANTASY... but maybe if we all DREAM :cloud9:... then MAGIC will happen! :wizard:

Hee hee hee. I'm such a dork. :crazy:
Thanks for the update on Jordan !!I am glad he is being showered with Love by the Lord and all his Dis friends !!I have to offer only prayer at this time as Christmas has left me in a financial bind that will evwntually be removed in the New Year !! I hope we can meet again as like you my Dis friends are a sorce of LOVE and comfort to me !!The bonds I have with so many Dissers has seen me thru many a black day !!The humor of so many has been such an uplift to me !!I have learned ( Jordan was a primary teacher) to laugh freely at myself. If my antics bring a smile to any then that is just an extra bonus !!Jordan must follow the path the Lord has planned for him and I know the Lord has a sense of humor so Jordan need not let go of that !!:banana:I wish you all a Merry Christmas and while I don't have a Family pix I have one of Kyle

105_1352.jpg

Thanks Wendy and Derek for the updates. I know we all want what is best for Jordan and his recovery is most important.

Great family pictures and everyone looks fabulous.

Wishing everyone a :santa: Merry Christmas :santa: and Happy New year.

As a close family member of his, I sometimes struggle in the role I play in impacting his decisions in life. When we offer him free trips to stay in our timeshares, buy him a casual drink, etc, I wonder if I presenting him with temptations or enjoyments (like the verse, "causing your brother to stumble"). Likewise, I feel the same way about endorsing/supporting/participating with his master plans to attend Peep Fest and visit WDW when realistically, he's cash strapped, needs to get his feet firmly planted on the ground in terms of his career and future, and basically needs to follow God's calling for his life.

Derek, that is LOVE. Real, true love. And sometimes it is hard, but it's always the best thing. Hugs to you and Wendy in all this!

Hi all, just talked to Jordan today. He's doing really well but dog-tired these days so he wanted to apologize for not writing thank yous for those who have sent cards, letters and/or care packages. He's been working 50-60 hours plus having to attend sessions, do homework etc. He has expressed his thankfulness for those who have sent things specifically for the other guys (or seemingly so, like multiple $5 or $10 Wal Mart cards... so easy to split up) because he knows of at least 12 guys who are out of work right now... the work slowed down during this time of year for some of the employers so there are a lot of people in the program who are not earning an income, plus still having expenses to take care of their families back home, and also paying for program expenses. So he is trying to share with others during this time. However, he is also seeking the Lord in being a good steward of his own money (so not giving it all away) but being a good steward in saving some away for when he comes home, and putting some of the extra money towards funding the program himself and not solely relying on the funds collected before he started. So he is trying to be a good steward of his finances while still exhibiting generosity. It's a fine line to discern, so continue to pray for wisdom.

He is really being broken down and for the first time, isn't thinking about when he's coming back, and honestly is in no hurry to come back. He is focusing on getting better so that he doesn't rush back to his "old life" prematurely and at a point where he's not able to withstand the pressures of his life back home. He went through a series about idols, which come in so many forms (even fun things like the DIS or the Ducks or whatnot) so he is really delving into what dying to self is all about, and what truly were his idols ("self" being a big one, as it is with all of us, what "we" want...) that were keeping him from fully sacrificing to God's will. He is even considering staying out there if the Lord calls him. But for now, he's not even thinking about the "end" of the program, but rather just focusing on progressing in his own journey of healing. But he wanted me to convey his appreciation of all your thoughtfulness and generosity, and especially when it extends to those around him suffering so much more. Please don't take his lack of communication back as a lack of appreciation, and he wanted to thank you all for your love and support.

Thank you for the update! Jordan doesn't need to worry about writing everyone back, we know he's thankful. :goodvibes I'll be praying for wisdom for Jordan in all those future decisions. That's a lot to figure out, but it'll happen.

Beautiful family picture and Christmas card! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Well, despite the better logic of my better half, I have officially posted my first PTR for our DCL Alaska Cruise in August. Check it out

Thanks,
Derek

Happy New Year all!

I hopped on today just to find an update on Jordan (been far too long since I've lurked the thread). Thanks Wendy for the small update you had. It is good to know that as far as the program goes, Jordan isn't looking toward the "end" and "finishing"...but yet the healing he went for in the first place. I believe with all my heart (just from that) that he is learning and healing. And will come away from the program so much healthier (in mind and body) than he was going in. I do find myself missing his updates, but quickly remind myself he needed the help.

My continued prayers and positive thoughts for Jordan. May he have a spectacular 2011 (and beyond)! :)

We just got back from our post-Christmas/New Year's trip to DW Monday night. Since we left immediately after visiting family, we were gone from home since Christmas day, so we stopped our mail while we were away. They delivered it all yesterday as requested, and as I went through it all I found a card from Jordan!!! :woohoo: I just thought everyone might like to hear a little update!

In part of the card he said "Thanks so much for your prayers & support! Continue praying as my time here is growing short (2 to 4 months more)"

Jordan sounds very upbeat, and I'm so glad he is getting the help he needs to get his life together and moving in a positive direction. It was great to hear from him! I would just like to remind everyone to continue to keep Jordan in your thoughts and prayers!

This is belated but HAPPY NEW YEARS folks. :cool1:

We just got back from our post-Christmas/New Year's trip to DW Monday night. Since we left immediately after visiting family, we were gone from home since Christmas day, so we stopped our mail while we were away. They delivered it all yesterday as requested, and as I went through it all I found a card from Jordan!!! :woohoo: I just thought everyone might like to hear a little update!

In part of the card he said "Thanks so much for your prayers & support! Continue praying as my time here is growing short (2 to 4 months more)"

Jordan sounds very upbeat, and I'm so glad he is getting the help he needs to get his life together and moving in a positive direction. It was great to hear from him! I would just like to remind everyone to continue to keep Jordan in your thoughts and prayers!
Marv, thanks for reminding folks to keep Jordan in prayer. He really values them and I'm sure that the upbeat nature that you picked up on is directly related to folks keeping him in mind. It's sad to hear how bad off the other guys at his program are, some without support networks, some with limited funds or sending whatever they have back home, others with limited futures to return to. For Jordan, he has the wonderful DIS family to return to so that's at least one HUGE upside:rotfl:

oh, i'm heading over there now! our 10-year anniversary is april 2012 and i've pondered the idea of taking an alaskan cruise!
Thanks for subbing in. I can use all the support I can get! We'll try to live vicariously....but with 3 kids, our daily lives are vicarious enough!:eek: Funny that your anniversary is in April, so is ours (April 18th). When is yours?

Happy New Year all!

I hopped on today just to find an update on Jordan (been far too long since I've lurked the thread). Thanks Wendy for the small update you had. It is good to know that as far as the program goes, Jordan isn't looking toward the "end" and "finishing"...but yet the healing he went for in the first place. I believe with all my heart (just from that) that he is learning and healing. And will come away from the program so much healthier (in mind and body) than he was going in. I do find myself missing his updates, but quickly remind myself he needed the help.

My continued prayers and positive thoughts for Jordan. May he have a spectacular 2011 (and beyond)! :)
Yep, I'm with you. Looking forward to a wonderful 2011. thanks for keeping Jordy in your prayers and thoughts.

Derek, that is LOVE. Real, true love. And sometimes it is hard, but it's always the best thing. Hugs to you and Wendy in all this!

Thank you for the update! Jordan doesn't need to worry about writing everyone back, we know he's thankful. :goodvibes I'll be praying for wisdom for Jordan in all those future decisions. That's a lot to figure out, but it'll happen.

Beautiful family picture and Christmas card! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!
Thanks Brooke for the comments about our Christmas card. The kids must have gotten Wendy's genes because they actually look good in photos.....that's why I try to stay behind the camera:confused3

Hi everyone......Im BAAAAAA-AAAAACK! Sorry for going M.I.A! I can't wait to get all caught up!

Wendy and Derek, Thank you so much for posting updates on Jordan. I can't believe that I have been gone so long I didn't know that he had left. I am so glad that he sought help. I am happy that he is putting himself first and really taking the time to heal.

Thank you Marv for reporting on this. :thumbsup2 It's always good to hear how Jordy is doing and to be reminded to pray for him as well as the other guys there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter