Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy

It is a real good first attraction for the newly proposed Cars Land. Which my source has said will probably go in this section.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Like I said before I've heard that an RnR retheme and Luigi's is on the docket as well.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

Last I heard about a cars land was that it was proposed but they gave us Toy Story land as there wasn’t one domestically

If RnR gets a re-theme, it doesn't have to be Cars even with the adjacent LMRA. I could see that The Incredibles coaster overlay also was not appropriate for children, but still happened.

Retheming RnR to something like Cars that's more popular with the little kids makes no sense whatsoever. They wouldn't even be tall enough to ride it.

I agree, it doesn't make sense if they are marketing towards little kids.

Unless they are marketing towards the teens that were little kids in the nineties to early 2000's who grew up watching Cars. Than it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
I agree, it doesn't make sense to market towards little kids.

Unless they are marketing towards the teens that were little kids in the nineties to early 2000's who grew up watching Cars. Than it makes perfect sense.

Does Cars have a nostalgic fan base? Outside of toys being sold, it never struck me as being a beloved property.

Does Cars have a nostalgic fan base? Outside of toys being sold, it never struck me as being a beloved property.

I don't know about nostalgicness, but it has more of a shelf life than Aerosmith. All of the Cars Land attractions don't have to be for just little ones. Us adults and grownup children need things to do as well.

The two C list attractions in this land can be for all of the rugrats. Luigi's and Lightning Mcqueen's Racing Academy are very marketable for them.

Last edited:
I don't know about nostalgicness, but it has more of a shelf life than Aerosmith. All of the Cars Land attractions don't have to be for just little ones. Us adults and grownup children need things to do as well.

The two C list attractions in this land can be for all of the rugrats. Luigi's and Lightning Mcqueen's Race Academy are very marketable for them.

I liked Aerosmith well enough back in the day, but I don't have a problem with them theming away from that on RnR. The pre-show alone is pretty cheesy. I still think there are a ton of options beyond Cars. And going with Cars just so you can make a land out of it seems really weird when the IP is designed for one set of ages and the ride is designed for a different set.

I wonder if them adding this attraction in this area makes Beauty and the Beast expendable. It isn't a very good play anyways.

B and the B gets good crowds every show. I don't think it's going anywhere, at least not without a similar replacement (Aladdin, Snow White, who knows). With the SW crowds, they are not going to close any attractions.

I've been hoping for a RnRC retheme since day 1. Never liked Aerosmith, thought it was a bad fit. Not that I wanted Hannah Montana either (though, my DD came up with that idea independently when she was around 8).

Personally, I would LOVE it themed to Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

Eventually, yeah it will. My son is 12 now. Cars came out the year he was born. He has LOVED it since he was 2. Like, LOVED IT. He still loves it. I don't think he will ever fully let go of it as he grows up. He has built the Radiator Springs Racers ride in Minecraft (in stunning detail), he has build a fleet of Cars themed Legos of his own creation, as well as purchased almost every Cars licensed Lego set. He STILL buys the little die cast cars, because they keep making new ones. He buys the t shirts. He buys hats. He sleeps on Cars sheets. He has Cars plush and tsum tsums. He is all about it. We practically live in Carsland every weekend when we go to Disneyland. We can't go to the park without riding Radiator Springs Racers.

Cars is definitely a franchise that hooked a LARGE number of kids who grew up loving it. I have a friend with an 18 year old college son who STILL loves Cars, because it came out right when he was around 5 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts