Lightning McQueen Room?

DisneyAprilFool

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,

So my 2 year old little boy's room is the most adorable room in my house- it's light green and yellow and decorated with... frogs. LOL. Well, he was just born, really had no preferences and I got on a frog kick and that's how his room ended up the Frog Room (it's really a cute theme to do- honest to goodness!).

Anyways, now that's he's a bit older and has preferences, I'm kicking around the idea of changing his room up with a 'Cars' theme. Of course, now that I think of it- we didn't put a neutral carpet in there- it's green- so knowing that fact, what would you do to make the room a 'Cars' themed room? What color paints? What accessories? (I'd probably get a used toddler bed versus paying an arm and a leg for the toddler McQueen bed).

I didn't do a Cars theme but a cars/roadway theme in my sons room.

It was a PITA to do. Well the road was the PITA. I used the blue tape to line out the road & painted it gray & then I cut the tape into a double line to do the yellow part. It took forever or so it seemed but I had a newborn while I was painting.

Here are some pictures. They aren't the best as I was taking a picture of his furniture instead. I'd take a picture now but it is almost 11pm & I would think I would wake him up.

I got the wall stickies from Target to put on the road. And his curtains are stars since that is the sky & I made them.

IMG_8480.jpg

STB_8477.jpg

Cars toddler beds aren't very expensive!! My little guy's room is Cars themed. We just got rid of his toddler bed for a fort bed, but we got it at Target for $25. It was on sale, but I think it was only $40 to start with. His walls are Hundred Acre Sky from HD. The Disney Paint display actually had a pamphlet that gave a step by step to a Cars room.

We got a toddler sized car bed from ebay for $50 which my son loved. Also got the rug from costco for $16 of lightning mcqueen and got the duvet/sleeping bag and pillowcase from the disney store when it was on sale. Have some posters to frame to put up too. Now he grown out of his bed we will keep all the rest of the stuff and probably keep the room a neutral color so that when he outgrows his cars phase we can do something else.

The Disney Store has their car comforter sets, wall desorations, light switches, frames, etc for 40% off the already marked price. The comforter is like $17 or something. It comes with the sheet set too. Great deal!

You should check out Craig's List...that is how we got my son his McQueeen toddler bed used for only $25 and it was in perfect condition!! We even turned it around last month and sold it back to someone else for the same price! So we had it for 7 months and it really didn't cost us anything!!

You should look into the removable wall stickers...that way if he ever changes his mind on the theme, you can easily change it!

I won't worry about the green carpet...my DS(3) wanted a Batman room so we painted it 2 colors of blue, got batwall wall murals, and pottery barn kids accessories and he still has the green rug. No one will care.

Happy decorating!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter