Light saber and air travel

Franzenel

Mouseketeer
Was watching a video on building the light saber and was thinking about how to get it back home. Has anyone heard on how to get this thing on a plane. Do they give you a storage box or anything to put it in?

That’s a big question right now. Disney does give you an over the shoulder carrying case.

I wonder if they will do shipping from the shop. Like you can do from other stores. That way if it is broken Disney will replace it.

I think shipping it home would be the safest bet. Not sure how you'd replace the blade if it got broken.

How long is the blade that detaches? Can you put it in a 28" checked bag diagonally?
Also, do they let these on the Disney Cruise? We're taking a trip to Galaxy's Edge right before our cruise in October.

How long is the blade that detaches? Can you put it in a 28" checked bag diagonally?
Also, do they let these on the Disney Cruise? We're taking a trip to Galaxy's Edge right before our cruise in October.
Disney Food Blog is reporting 31"
That will just fit diagonally in my max-sized checked bag.
I would check with Disney about the cruise. I don't see why they wouldn't allow it, but better make sure.

Measured my detached blade yesterday and its around 34.5"-35"

I was able to carry two lightsabers onto my flight on Saturday night without any questions. I even joked with TSA that they will see a lot of them and the person just looked dejected. I did put mine in the overhead bin because my flight did not have a coat case up front. The carrying cases are cushioned but I would use my other carry ons to block large suitcases from smashing them if you have to put them in the overhead bin.

I was worried about this too. Just wanted to report I went through SNA security with no problems. Didn't even look at it. United gate agents didn't stop me either. I took the hilt off and only left the blade in the lightsaber bag and it fit in the back of the overhead bin with no problems. I blocked the end with the connections with another carry on and was a little worried about the rest of it, but some other passenger put his full size carry on in with no problem. Guess it helps that the bins are curved with more space at the back of the bin on the bottom that a standard suitcase won't touch.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter