Light bread no hfcs?

dhuba

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know of a no high fructose corn syrup "light" bread on the market? I want to switch to the light bread in the house, but haven't been able to find one that has no hfcs and is whole grain. I do make a lot of my own specialty breads and rolls, but they aren't exactly "light". I don't really eat bread, but my kids and husband do, and I think a few of them could benefit from the lower calorie bread. It kills me to pay nearly 4 dollars for a loaf loaded with garbage. I couldn't find one at the supermarket today that didn't have it in it.

For some reason I thought the lite Orowheat didn't have it.

Do you have a Safeway/Vons in your area? They have their Eating Smart (or something like that...Eating Right?) brand that I think is both light and no HFCS.

I have been eating Nature's Own whitewheat for years. It never has contained HFCS and it is so yummy. My stepmom found this for me when she was trying to get me to stop eating Sunbeam white bread.

Arnolds sandwich thins have no HFCS, and are 100 calories each. (also their light bread is HFSC's free)

NAtures own whitewheat is 100 calories for 2 slices and no HFCS! And it is nice and soft and yummy!

Thanks for the replies. The Nature's Own isn't available here unfortunately, and I don't have a Safeway. I like the Arnold thins, but I really wanted something like regular bread.

Most of Oroweat's breads are now HFCS free. I don't know if they have a "lite" version or not, but they do have a new high protein which is good.

I've never seen/heard of the brands others have listed. The Aunt Millie's light whole grain bread we use has no HFCS.

Healthy life-I've bought it at Wal-Mart.
No HFCS.

6 Net Carbs, 40 Calories Per Slice
The Original Dieter's Dream!®
Excellent Source High Fiber, Low Calories
Low Fat, No Trans Fat, 98% Fat Free, Cholesterol Free
Good Source Omega-3 Ala (90Mg)
No High Fructose Corn Syrup
An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth A Pound of Cure!
Good Source of Omega-3 Ala** - Omega-3 and Omega-6 Are Essential Fatty Acids, Substances Which Cannot Be Manufactured By Our Bodies But Must Be Obtained from Our Diets. Both Are Essential For Growth and Development - Required For Production of Hormones That Ar ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter