Lifetime discounts at DLP for £120?

rob@rar.org.uk

Skiing is best, Mickey comes next
For those of you who like to visit DLP how do you fancy guaranteed discounts on park tickets (up to 15%), accommodation (5% or 10%), merchandise (10%), food (10%), ticketed entertainment (10%) and lots of special offers, all for about £120? If you are interested, read on...

Members of the EuroDisney Shareholders' Club (more info here) get all these discounts and more if you own at least 350 shares (there's an admin charge each year if you own less than 350). At today's share price (30p per share) 350 shares will cost about £120-£130 including broker costs. At this bargain basement price you will save the cost of the shares in two or three years if you visit at least once a year. We've been members of the Shareholders' Club for several years (and paid a lot more than 30p per share!) and have got many benefits from it, financial and otherwise.

One word of caution: EuroDisney's finances are quite precarious, and there is no sign of shareholders getting any return on their investment for a number of years (so don't sell your house and buy gazillions of shares!).

Regards

Rob

We aren't shareholders - thanks for this thread.

The website looks great. I never realised or even considered that dicounts were available for sharleholders. For £120 it is well wort it for all of the benefits that are mentioned.

Where can you purchase the shares from? Is there a minimum amount you need to purchased in order to join to EuroDisney share club?

Thanks!

Richard. :)

We brought shares about 18 months ago now at 42p but not as an investment (only spent £100) but as Rob suggests to enjoy the benefits of being in the Shareholders Club. Apart from all the discounts available, the one we really enjoyed on our last visit, was Salon Mickey, where we had complimentary coffee, soft drinks and scrumptious brownies before being let into the park by the'secret door'. We only have 227 shares (I think) and so have to pay an admin fee of around 10euros avery two years.

I dont think there is a minimum number required but for out £100, we have more than recouped that ammount in the time we have held them....and who knows, one day they make us some money...but dont count on it!!.

Richard we brought ours through out local Bank, and were charged something like £15 admin.

Mark

Originally posted by richard3330
Where can you purchase the shares from? Is there a minimum amount you need to purchased in order to join to EuroDisney share club?

I think most banks have a share buying service. We bought our through our bank, First Direct. I think their dealing charges were £18, which is not the cheapest price available but as we rarely buy shares II thought the ease of using our own bank was worth an extra few quid.

I don't think there is a minimum number of shares required to join the Shareholders' Club, so I suppose that you could just buy one and still be entitled to the benefits. However, you would still have to pay the same dealing charge and as Mark said you would have to pay approx £5 annual fee to EuroDisney for 'admin' to join the Club. As the share price is so low at he moment I'd recommend you 'bite the bullet' and buy at least 350 shares. It's less than the cost of one nightin a hotel for all those discounts. Although I've not done extensive research, I think EuroDisney is one of the most generous loyalty schemes for shareholders. Compare it with the Walt Disney Co which gives you no benefits whatsoever.

Regards

Rob

Thanks for the help :) .

I bought 375 shares from the bank today. Just filling in the shareholders club membership form and posting that off too.

It's great that there are benefits for DLP shareholders, we have a few shares in WDW and get close to nothing. Salon Mickey sounds excellent, I especially like the sounds of the 'secret door' to the park - where abouts is this? I can't say I remember ever seeing it.

Also, is there a specific number or code that you have to ring/quote when making a booking? Will this come with my shareholders club certificate when I get it?

Thanks!

Richard. :)

Welcome to the Club!

When you get the shares certificate from your bank/broker send a photocopy of it and a completed Shareholders' Club application form to the address given on the EuroDisney website. A couple of weeks later you will then recieve a credit card sized membership card, which will have your Club membership number. You quote this number when making bookings. You can make bookings and receive discount when booking via the UK booking office, the Paris booking office or on a dedicated Shareholders' Club hotline.

Salon Mickey can be found on the righthand side of the entry turnstyles at Disneyland (next door to the left luggage door). It is not marked in any way (or wasn't last time I used it), but you knock on the door and it will be opened by a Cast Member. It's a cosy room decorated in the Victorian style of Main Street. Complimentary pastries, soft drinks and tea/coffee are available. While you are enjoying the hospitality the CM will take your admissions tickets and swipe them through the turnstyle. You are then free to enter the park through another door from Salon Mickey, avoiding the need to queue to get through the turnstyles.

Regards

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for posting this thread - I was interested in buying previously, but now you've convinced me (didn't realise it would be so cheap!)

However, how did you go about buying the shares? You said you bought them through First Direct, who I happen to bank with as well, but when I phoned them up they told me they couldn't because :

a) they were listed as French shares which they can't buy even if they are quoted on the London Stock Exchange

and b) they were residual shares (whatever that means) which they don't deal in either.

Did you have to go through some special service or stockbroker first?

Rob,
Do you know, or have an idea, of how to buy shares in the US?
TIA

Steve, I've I've bought EuroDisneyy shares through First Direct on two occasions. The shares are listed in Paris, London and Brussels stock exchanges. The code for EuroDisney shares on the London stock exchange is EUD. Perhaps the First Direct operator you spoke to thought you were trying to buy shares on the Paris exchange? I'm afraid I have no idea what a 'residual share' is, so I don't know what First Direct were referring to. I would try once more with the bank, explaining that EUD shares are listed on the London stock exchange as well as Paris. If still no luck try another stock broker, who will probably be a little cheaper but with more hassle as you will have to set up an account with them. Good luck...

Jill. sorry but I've no idea how to buy shares in the US. I only have a few share holdings myslef, all listed in London.

Regards

Rob

When your membership card expires after the 2 years, how exactly do you renew? What do you have to do?

Thanks for the info:)

Same procedure as the first time: send a photocopy of your shares certificate and a Shareholders' Club application form which is available here.

Regards

Rob

A friendly soul directed me to his thread, so here are my questions: There is language the web page that says something about the club discount not being valid with other offers. Does that mean, for example, that if DLP is offering a kids stay free special, the discount wouldn't work? Also, it says something about only being able to get the discount on passports bought at the gate. Does that mean that if you get a package with room and passports included, you can't get the discount? Info would be appreciated!!!

Generally DLP, like most companies, does not allow multiple discount schemes to be added together. You choose one discount scheme or another, but not both. However, I've not asked about getting Shareholders' discount on the 4 for 3 packages - it would certainly be worth asking.

You are entitled to Shareholders' discount on tickets bought at the gate. I've done this several times without any problems.

More info on the Shareholders' Club can be found at www.eurodisney.com which includes an email address to which you can send questions about the Club.

Regards

Rob

I'm a Shareholder Club Memeber too and it is really worth it.
I just bought 2 Shares over Ebay... LOL... and payed 30 € for admin fees. So I'm a Memeber for two years.

If you plan to go you have deceide if you like to get a 3 for 4 package or use the Shareholders discount... the 3 for 4 is cheaper. But if you go at a time where they don't offer these special packages... you safe 5% on Hotel and ticket packages booking in the high season and 10% at the other season.

You also get 10% discount on all the merchandise you buy and 10% on Food in the non Selfservice restaurants...

We have went to DLRP twice this year and will go again in 23 days and we defenitly safed a lot of money... :)

If you can't buy 350 shares....don't do it... buying just one or two and paying these 30 € for two years is defenitly enough... you just have to do it every two years... But it is worth it.

You can buy them on e-bay? Thanks for the tip! I spent a LONG time today on the site trying to figure out how to get my hands on some.

Ebay Germany? That makes sense, I guess. I looked on Ebay (USA version) and they had a couple, but they were selling them as collectibles and of course, would have had someone else's name on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter