Liberty Tree or Skipper Canteen?

Pyxie

DIS Veteran
Considering these 2 restaurants for our MK day in March. I've never eaten at either and both menus are appealing to me. Which would you go with and why?

Things to consider:
At Liberty Tree, both of my kids would likely just fill up on macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. My daughter does love "Thanksgiving food" though so she may try a few other things. The issue is that my son will be 12 and I'll be paying the adult AYCE price for him to eat macaroni and potatoes..

I don't think he'll eat ANYTHING at Skipper Canteen. At least not anything that is on the adult menu (and I don't think they'll let him order off the kids menu, right?) But I figured I could grab him a burger or hot dog from somewhere beforehand and just get him a dessert or something at the restaurant. It's not AYCE, so I don't have that issue. My daughter will be fine with the kids menu.

My husband and I would enjoy either restaurant.

I obviously have a lot of time to decide, but I'm a planner lol.

I would do Skipper Canteen. They may be flexible with you in allowing him to order off the kids menu or, as you said, grab a burger or hot dog prior and just do a dessert for him. There is no way I would pay an adult AYCTE price if he is only eating macaroni and cheese. The food at LTT just isn't good enough to warrant that, IMHO.

I would do Skipper Canteen. They may be flexible with you in allowing him to order off the kids menu or, as you said, grab a burger or hot dog prior and just do a dessert for him. There is no way I would pay an adult AYCTE price if he is only eating macaroni and cheese. The food at LTT just isn't good enough to warrant that, IMHO.

Yeah that's a good point. I did pay the AYCE price for him to eat nothing but shrimp at Ohana, but shrimp is a bit more valueable than macaroni and we had the DDP then so it didn't sting as bad lol.

He'll be able to order from the kids menu at skipper canteen. They let DD16 order from it with no issues last month. Most a la carte restaurants at Disney allow people to order off kids menu or will offer some of the kids items at an adult size and price when you ask to order off the kids menu.

AYCTE and buffets you are stuck paying the adult price no matter how much they eat.

He'll be able to order from the kids menu at skipper canteen. They let DD16 order from it with no issues last month. Most a la carte restaurants at Disney allow people to order off kids menu or will offer some of the kids items at an adult size and price when you ask to order off the kids menu.

AYCTE and buffets you are stuck paying the adult price no matter how much they eat.

Good to know! I knew you could at CS, but wasn't sure about TS.

Skipper's Canteen. Food is better, and so is the atmosphere. I've had success ordering 'adult size' portions from the kids menu in the past at several Disney restaurants.

I do like Skipper, but Liberty Tree is one of my favorites. I love Thanksgiving type food and they do it very well.

Not having kids, I prefer Skipper's Canteen. Liberty Tree Tavern is a heavy meal = nap time :)

Depends what type of food you enjoy.
LTT has typical comfort food. It was good ,but nothing special
Skippers has a more interesting menu (IMHO) and better options.
I would let the menus decide which one you choose.

Love liberty tree but if that’s all your son is gonna eat, then it’s not worth the price. Skipper Canteen should let you order kids meal based on what others are saying. Definitely smart to make a reservation. I’ve been to DIS twice since they reopened (1 week each time) and some of the places are only accepting reservations.

Have eaten at both. My midwestern farm girl tastes prefer the dinner at Liberty Tree. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Makes me think of Sunday dinner at Grandma's house. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter