• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty of the Seas

hoffman1

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am total newbie to Royal Caribbean. I have only done one cruise and that was on the Dream last fall. This November is taking a group of around 30 on the Liberty of the Seas (it is a bank travel club-- members are age 50+ and I am the director). I am really nervous about it! It is a Western Caribbean with stops in Belize City and Cozumel. I am turning to my disboards family for advise. Any special tips I should know?

I cant give you tips on Royal Caribbean since our first RCCL cruise will be in October. But I can tell you that in Cozumel we loved Paradise Beach. Very pretty and clean, you have the beach and a beautiful pool, and the food is good and reasonably priced.

Hi! I am total newbie to Royal Caribbean. I have only done one cruise and that was on the Dream last fall. This November is taking a group of around 30 on the Liberty of the Seas (it is a bank travel club-- members are age 50+ and I am the director). I am really nervous about it! It is a Western Caribbean with stops in Belize City and Cozumel. I am turning to my disboards family for advise. Any special tips I should know?

I would definitely check with RC about getting a group rate on the cruise. Check the Cruise Critic site, they have a very active RC board and boards specifically about different ports so you can research excursions, etc

We cruised Liberty a few years ago. You should book your show tickets in advance. If I recall correctly, you can book before you leave. Much less stressful.

I loved being able to get delicious pizza at 3am. my family and the friends I travelled with pretty much hit the sack around 12-1am. So I would wander the ship by myself until about 3 or so. I loved hanging out in the comfy swings in the adult area or curled up on the couch in the library.

They had this one sunflower seed granola bar thing in their cafe that was the MOST DELICIOUS thing ever (and I don't usually seek out sunflower seeds). Their chocolate breakfast with Shrek wasn't as good as we expected. The food was rather blah even though everything was covered in chocolate.

Lunch in the dining room was delish - their make your own salad was VERY good.

My kids say that RCCL has the best fries in the world, even better than on the Disney Dream.

Have fun!!

Also going in Nov!! :) coming back thanksgiving morning. Can't wait! First RC cruise of this size and first one with dreamworks which my 7 yr old will adore!

. . . You should book your show tickets in advance. If I recall correctly, you can book before you leave.

. . . They had this one sunflower seed granola bar thing in their cafe that was the MOST DELICIOUS thing ever (and I don't usually seek out sunflower seeds).
We've sailed a total of 6 weeks on the Liberty of the Seas.

You can also complete your activity waivers online in advance for ice skating, Flowrider, etc.

The fresh granola bars are so delicious!

While onboard, sign up for the Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program.

Woody

We have sailed Liberty twice on the Eastern Carribean itinerary and loved the ship both times. Just this year we sailed Oasis on the Western Carribean itinerary and enjoyed the Ports of Call, especially Labadee and Cozumel.

You will have the extra Port of Call on the Western route with Liberty that the two Megaships do not have.

We are booked on Liberty for the Western itinerary March of 2016 and would love to hear how you liked the ship and the ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter