LGB to LAX ground transportation?

steves1bear

Mouseketeer
We're trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to do a multi flight schedule. We are looking at several different options, but the cheapest one that really appeals to us involves two airports and two different airlines.

Here is what we have so far:

Honolulu to Los Angeles on Hawaiian Airlines (May 20th)

Long Beach to Salt Lake City on Jet Blue (May 25th)
Salt Lake City to Long Beach on Jet Blue (June 14)

Los Angeles to Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines (June 14th)

The problem comes in with getting from Long Beach to LAX. Does anyone know what the best options are for ground transportation from Long Beach to LAX? We would have at least 5 hour or 6 hours between flights so we're not worried about time.

One reason we're looking at this is we would get a discount on Hawaiian with my DH's work and the first bag for both airlines would be free. It would save us at least $225 just on bags, add in the savings on the flights themselves and it's worth figuring out.

Thanks!

Depending on how many people you have, I'd go with Super Shuttle or something similar since a taxi would be prohibitive ... it would be $30 for the first person and $9 for each additional.

We've had similar issues since direct flights from the West Coast to Maui tend to be cheaper from Vegas/Bay/Seattle and San Diego ... last time we took the Amtrak from Anaheim to San Diego to save several hundred dollars on the flight home ....

I LOVE JetBlue and their service b/t LGB and SLC is great (we use it all of the time to get to DL since we are from SLC). They are often the cheapest AND their service is great AND first bag is free.

The only downside with something like Supershuttle is that they sometimes go all over the place making different stops. My short, maybe 15-20 minute trip with them took more like 2 hours. Since you have several hours though, you should be okay.

A Taxi from LGB to LAX has had a flat rate of $60 (I know you're going the opposite direction, so it may be different but I only have the info from LGB). For the $20 it may be worth having your own private ride and going straight to the airport.

Good luck! And have fun when your here in SLC as well.

Thanks so much for the help. I hadn't even thought about Amtrak and maybe going out of San Diego. We'll have 6 in our group, 2 adults and 4 kids (3 with carseats). I'm wondering if we got a super shuttle that would hold 8, would they make as many stops since they really can't fit anyone else into the vehicle. :)

Also, thanks for the good thoughts on Jet Blue. We've never flown with them before, but have really never heard anything bad and the price just about floored us (especially when you add in the first bag free).

On a side note, my kids absolutely love going to Utah. There is just so much to do. I was raised in Utah Valley and my entire family still lives there so we make sure to spend enough time to see family, but also take advantage and explore all over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter